Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW SEMI-PUBLIC PAENINSULA ITALICA PATCH V0.86 BETA

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: NEW SEMI-PUBLIC PAENINSULA ITALICA PATCH V0.86 BETA

Quote Originally Posted by Robertus View Post
    Hi! Hister,
    Well, I install RTW patch + 1.1 - 1.2 - 1.3 -1.5, with BI + patch 1.6.
    All OK.
    I extract the files of PI in main folder RTW, no in BI, double-click on Paeninsula Italica shortcut, and always start screen mod but crash and return to the root folder
    Hmm, right-click on the shortcut. Tell me what is written in your target - it has to point to the proper main folder! If that's okey then maybe you haven't overwritten one file when you were asked to?
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

I can't start the main campaign. It says to select an item from the list when I click on it.
    Any advise?

Hi! Hister, the target destination is "C: \ Program Files \ Activision \ Rome - Total War \ RomeTW-BI.exe" - mod: PI-show_err

Hi! Hister, the target destination is "C: \ Program Files \ Activision \ Rome - Total War \ RomeTW-BI.exe" - mod: PI-show_err
    Is this where you have your mod installed?

I can't start the main campaign. It says to select an item from the list when I click on it.
    Any advise?
    You must have installed it wrong. Dunno what else might be wrong with it.

Yes, target destination "C: \ Program Files \ Activision \ Rome - Total War \ RomeTW-BI.exe" - mod: PI-show_err
    from "C: \ Program Files \ Activision \ Rome - Total War"

Robertus I really don't know what might be wrong - does anyone have any clue?

if you get the start screen it must be an install issue

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Yes, target destination "C: \ Program Files \ Activision \ Rome - Total War \ RomeTW-BI.exe" - mod: PI-show_err
    from "C: \ Program Files \ Activision \ Rome - Total War"
    The whole path with the blanks looks complete wrong, if it is actually applied in this way as in post #25.

And what's especially with that:

Code:
    -mod:PI -nm -show_err
    (correct typing)

instead of your shown style:

Code:
    - mod: PI-show_err
    I assume though you had that path-style in the post for a smiley-free display, right?
    Last edited by DaVinci; January 21, 2009 at 09:02 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

If I had installed it wrong well the mod would have crashed. Instead it load fine and only the main campaign is giving me this problem.

Edit: I found the problem. For some reason the shortcut was not pointing the BI exe and was instead pointing the RTW one. Now it works perfectly.
    I like the different italian peoples. Well done.
    Last edited by Emperor Domitianus; January 22, 2009 at 01:45 AM.

I solved! Thanks DaVinci,
    but I can not save games

Good you guys solved it out. Robertus, if I'm not wrong it sometimes happens that you can't save the campaign - it's a vanilla game bug. Restart the campaign - you should eb able to save. If that doesn't work can anyone try and report if this is also the case with him?

Patrician Artifex

I never had an issue with saving, can't say something for 0.86 though, as of yet not playtested.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I tried many times but nothing
    A question.
    In the forum Paeninsula Italica beta 0.71 INSTALLED ON INSTRUCTIONS, in post #2, says that Lou337
    the mod is incompatible with Nero burning. Is that true? Because I have installed

A question.
    In the forum Paeninsula Italica beta 0.71 INSTALLED ON INSTRUCTIONS, in post #2, says that Lou337
    the mod is incompatible with Nero burning. Is that true? Because I have installed
    Not true, it's perfectly compatible with any software you have installed on your PC!

As for saving problem I'm awaiting input from others to see if this is a bug in the mod.

Ok! Thank you Hister

I had a save problem once but only with poeni faction, all others i have tried work fine without a re-install.

Hello. Same here. The save-thing is definitly a mod-related bug. It never occurs elsewhere. It happens with every faction randomly(?). Then the menu-option Save and Load is greyed-out.The solution with restart of the entire game seems to work.

And the issue with the shortcut - that's a problem with the installer. It creates not a adjusted but a shortcut with a fixed targetline and you have to edit it. But this wasn't new to me since 0.71b

So, I hope everyone can understand my first comments here.

Cheers.

Oh, I forgot:
    Great Mod. Really. Please continue the good work.

Okey, thanx for the report and congratz for the first post. I'm puzzled why shortcut doesn't create adjusted targetline and why there is a savegame problem. Anyone witht he knowhow reading this?

Patrician Artifex

... either a menu_english file issue (missing the menu-command-items?) or the modfolder lacks a saves-folder?
    But very strange is that some people can save with certain factions, as they say :hmmm:

Yeah, a mystery...