Thread: Deus lo Vult: Battlefield Balanced v4.36 <25/01/15>

Default Re: Deus lo Vult: Battlefield Balanced v4.36 <25/01/15>

I downloaded the "exe" file on three diferrent computers and on all of them, it doesnt start as a setup, but as a 7zip, so I have to extract them, but I have no idea how to call the folder.

HEEEEEEEELP
    just installed desu vult as said on forum but when I get to choose faction it pops out.
    plus the steam loader doesnt load it ( i have DLV on teutonic folder and it wont load. ) help please

Mrxegus,

Download the torrent link I posted 3-4 pages ago. It has the entire DLV+BB+Western unit overhaul in one package. It should work fine. Simply paste into your Med2/mods folder.

Sandy

Hi everybody, I got sick of not playing MTW2 mods for long time-) CD box version of the game got read errors, so I bought MTW2+Kingdoms in one pack from STEAM few days ago. Instantly downloaded Stainless Steel 6.4 and with some manipulations (thanks to this forum) got it installed and working correctly. Yet, my first favorable mod is DLV 6.2. So it is here when I found lot of troubles. To be precise and stuck to the thread topic my question is:

Does united "DLV: vBB4.36" pack/mod installs and works properly on STEAM, Windows 7, 64 professional?

Before answering me, please consider that I have searched this forum and tried multiple ways as:

- UAC, folders rights and privileges (by default)
    - renaming MOD folders into official modes (DLV rename into teutonic)
    - editing Registry and correctly setting all names, exe files, folders, etc. (for SS6.4 it worked well besides just simple option of renaming medieval2.exe into kingdoms.exe)
    - installing different types of MTW2 Launchers and working with them (again it worked well for SS6.4 besides other options)
    - uninstalling everything and repeating steps above several times

DLV launches, selecting Main Campaign, selecting Country, clicking NEXT button and "Total War encountered an unspecified error bla bla bla"....

The only thing I didn't touch is copying/replacing txt, campaign files - because of mess in threads regarding them, I am affraid to lose MTW2 vanilla and SS6.4 and generaly got tired of this __)))

Please, advise me if you had successful experience with this error and installation of DLV6.2 or the topic MOD under conditions I described above. Thank you in advance.

I tried this thing out and battle-wise it seems ok. The only sad thing is that the Muslim units don't seem to be getting the same re-skin treatment as the west...but it's "western units overhaul" so of course it is so. Only praises to the makers though, but it is a shame that no other modders seem to be taking an interest in this mod. I have a question though. Uh it says there is supposed to be kingdom of jerusalem as a faction but I quite can't see it. I see Georgia, the ayubbids and the turks, but no kingdom of jerusalem. Note I'm basing it on custom battles, I haven't gotten around to playing a campaign yet. Any response will be welcome.

this is a great mod!

i have a question though - how can i retrain units? it's tied to recruitment or?

also, are there any "guides" about defense spending? not sure what exactly it does, i know that it changes recruitment ets but im not sure about numbers/costs

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    Gercog,

Good idea! Attached is the all-in-one torrent of my DLV_ext folder.

I will try to seed as much as I can. Seeding at over 1 mb/s. Let me know if it works.

tommy_ros,

Seems like it ctds when the game tries to autosave at endturn. I am not sure what is causing this. Try deleting the autosave file. I remember reading somewhere that disabling autosave in .cfg file altogether is recommended. I am pretty sure eventpics are noncritical. Generally game has default textures for all ui elements.

Sandy
    Hello Gemini. Thank you for your immense work. I would like to ask you a favor: it would be possible to load the entire file that you have on a hosting service, and not the torrent?
    Because for me it is impossible to download via torrent. Thank you

max.demian,

Do you have any hosting services in mind? I never used them. You can use vpn to download via torrent.

Sandy

Dear GeMiNi][SaNDy,

I would like to download the mod via torrent but there are no seeders or peers.

Vsivak

Here is a new torrent file. I accidentally deleted the old one... I am seeding now. Be patient. I am not always at home.

Sandy
    Attached Files Attached Files

max.demian,

Do you have any hosting services in mind? I never used them. You can use vpn to download via torrent.

Sandy
    https://mega.nz/
    thank you very much...

Download link: DLV_ext.rar

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; February 28, 2016 at 12:10 AM.

Is there still somebody working on this mod-or is v4.36 the final version?

T.Lexx, It's final, it seems.

Sandy

Download link: DLV_ext.rar

Sandy
    Thank you, you are great.

Hi,

I am playing with Flandern, there is no music on campaing map :-(
    Someone know how to fix it or install music in this mod?

Thank you for some help!

Greets Marc

Re: Deus lo Vult: Battlefield Balanced v4.36 <25/01/15>

T.Lexx, It's final, it seems.

Sandy

Thank you Sandy- Itīs a wonderful mod.- I think the best of Medieval 2

Why I can't recruit any unit in the campaingn? this mod is awesome , it's a shame to not work. Please help me!

Why I can't recruit any unit in the campaign?!?Please help me!

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon Ier and Darth Vader#1 View Post
    Why I can't recruit any unit in the campaign?!?Please help me!
    Hi,

- which faction are you playing?

- can you see the units and they are light grey so you can't click them? There is a message if you move the mouse over the
    unit.

- I saw that units are very expensive in that mod so you need the money and also the buildings to recruit units and also
    the population must be at a certain level!

Greets

Marc