Thread: How difficult is the WRE campaign?

Default How difficult is the WRE campaign?

Hi, the Invasio Barbarorum campaigns are especially hard for the WRE and ERE. The cities get negative income the first turn, and it's much more difficult than the vanilla BI campaign. So, in this mod, is the WRE campaign easier, or is it about the same difficulty?

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: How difficult is the WRE campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePianist View Post
    Hi, the Invasio Barbarorum campaigns are especially hard for the WRE and ERE. The cities get negative income the first turn, and it's much more difficult than the vanilla BI campaign. So, in this mod, is the WRE campaign easier, or is it about the same difficulty?
    It is pretty hard. Your forces are very widespread, and there is high unrest, particularly in your northernmost province and the one in the western Africa. Money is a little easier to come by, especially if you take a settlement or two early.
    I remember that during my beta-testing of this faction it was fun, but there is one thing you must do before anything else~the governor in your African city, I think Hippo, needs to be sent on a suicide mission, because he causes a CTD when going into battle. Send him alone against a rebel stack, and autoresolve!

I have only played IBFD with the Imperium Constantini, so I can't compare it very well, but with the WRE you will get a fairly high difficulty, more than BI vanilla. Another thing will be with the Kingdom of Odoacer, that it is easier.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Its not the WRE now is it though, its a gothic kingdom what is their military like? also does this mod install in a mod folder or does it overwrite files

It is a mod-foldered mod. Do you refer to the visigoths or the ostrogoths?

persianfan247's Avatar Senator

I would just like to point out that Romulus Augustulus was not the last Western Roman Emperor, though he was the last to rule Rome, but in this mod is in fact the last Emperor Julius Nepos, who has Dalmatia under his rule as well as territories which were relativly independant but still claimed alegiance to the Western Roman Emperor. So no it is not the Gothic Kingdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_of_Soissons
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Nepos

I have played as the WRE, and it was difficult, but I like difficult!
    If any will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. -Jesus

im far in debt even when im disbanding all my troops!!! i dont have any troops to attack and my money keeps going down :S does anyone have some tips for me? i never have a money problem anywhere but with WRE here. What should i do at the start? take cities? and wich one?

edit: sorry for FAAAAR bump hadnt noticed, just seemed the right topic.
    Roma Surrectum Fanatics. Click HERE to Join Us!!!
    Death is light as a feather, Duty heavier then a mountain

Spartacus, I just finished to play with the WRE. You need to take as many provinces as you can, mainly against Odoacer. You win 2-3 great battles with the army of Julius Nepos, and then the whole of italy starts falling very easily. You can also disembark a army in the heart of italy, by Brindisi, as there is little opposition. You can also try to expand in africa, but in my game I failed to do so and lost all the settlements there.