Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: the Seven Years War mod (originally: asking for permission.)

Default Re: the Seven Years War mod (originally: asking for permission.)

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre dumas View Post
    nice!

one question though: why are the crossbelts black in your video?
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    nice!

one question though: why are the crossbelts black in your video?
    i really don't know since i didn't change any unit's textures,i will send you soon my data folder,that will contain a few historical battles

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre dumas View Post
    i really don't know since i didn't change any unit's textures,i will send you soon my data folder,that will contain a few historical battles

looking forward.

speaking of which: is it in the original modfolder (SYW), or in napoleonic?

if in former, great--I'm planning on adding your historic battles--once the artillery and light cavalry are in. If latter, things might be more complicated.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; November 03, 2012 at 02:57 PM.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

where can i download it?

Quote Originally Posted by thomasnapoleon View Post
    where can i download it?
    As I mentioned before, the link is somewhere in the thread: the 6th section of it to be precise: it'll be a 4shared link.

So, I have managed to devise a new system of melees attacks, to replace the older one--specifically for lethality, following further tests (all values are assuming the soldier is well trained):

infantry:
    bayonets: lethality: 0.7 (in the new style), 0.64 (in the old style (i.e., used like a pike)).
    pikes: 0.41
    Yataghan: lethality: 0.64
    dagger: 0.5
    sabre (e.g. kilij): 0.58
    mace: 0.6 (ap)
    hammer: 0.55 (ap)
    other weapons will be added as I go by. the attack for bayonets is on average more or less at 11, with a charge with twice the attack (for those using the new style of bayonet anyways: old style, as with pike, will have a much reduced charge bonus).

cavalry:
    pallash: 0.51 (ap)
    sword: 0.51
    sabre: 0.46
    heavy sabre: 0.46 (ap)
    lance: 0.68 (the longer ones used for shock will be ap, but same lethality)
    mace and hammer: see infantry values

armor has been restated, with infantry averaging around 4 (so similar to some units from OiM--allbeit evolved independently). Cavalry can and often is much higher.

in other news: cannon animations have proven tougher of a challenge than expected: added to the lack of time due to RL issues, progress has been minimal.

finally, virtually all the line units of every faction are done (cavalry, Infantry), as are some artillery and light infantry.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; December 10, 2012 at 11:16 PM.

well, in full view of the need to make a campaign map, I have gone ahead and done just that.

and man, Germany was one cluster....

OK, so this is a mini preview, not much going:

1-Campaign map: the main one (since it has most of the factions), will be in Europe, from spain to the Urals.
    2-it'll start in the year 1748, end by 1765
    3-it will have in all likelyhood, 4 or 12 turns a year (not sure yet).
    4-199 provinces +1 sea, with the breakdown as follows (province numbers, not names capital cities included):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Britain: 8 Capital: London
    Austria: 13 Capital: Vienna.
    Spain: 13 Capital: Madrid
    France: 11. Capital: Paris
    Piedmont: 3. Capital: Turin (or Cagliari)
    Prussia: 11. Capital: Berlin
    Sweden: 9. Capital: Stockholm
    Hessen-Kassel: 3. Capital: Kassel
    Darmstadt: 2. Capital: see name
    Brunswick: 1 Capital: Braunschweig
    Denmark-Norway: 9. Capital: Copenhagen
    Poland-Lithuania: 12. Capital: Warsaw.
    Russia:13. Capital: Saint Petersburg
    Ottomans: 29. Capital: Constantinople
    Portugal: 4. Capital: Lisbon
    Netherlands: 2. Capital: Amsterdam
    Saxony: 2. Capital: Dresden
    Bavaria: 2 Capital: Munich
    Wuerttemberg: 1: Capital: Stuttgart
    Mughal Empire: N/A (not on map: I may end up having a No_custom roster, and use it stand in for Naples or possibly Morocco: I dunno. but if I do it, it'll be a 1 province deal either way.)

in addition, thanks to the larger map, there will be 31 German regions, from about 25 or so states that existed at the time. Further, 5 provinces will be in the middle east, one for scripting purposes, and there will be a province in Malta, as well as Morocco. will be testing a blank version soon.

Domesticus

OK, so this is a mini preview, not much going:

1-Campaign map: the main one (since it has most of the factions), will be in Europe, from spain to the Urals.
    2-it'll start in the year 1748, end by 1765
    3-it will have in all likelyhood, 4 or 12 turns a year (not sure yet).
    4-199 provinces +1 sea, with the breakdown as follows (province numbers, not names capital cities included):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Britain: 8 Capital: London
    Austria: 13 Capital: Vienna.
    Spain: 13 Capital: Madrid
    France: 11. Capital: Paris
    Piedmont: 3. Capital: Turin (or Cagliari)
    Prussia: 11. Capital: Berlin
    Sweden: 9. Capital: Stockholm
    Hessen-Kassel: 3. Capital: Kassel
    Darmstadt: 2. Capital: see name
    Brunswick: 1 Capital: Braunschweig
    Denmark-Norway: 9. Capital: Copenhagen
    Poland-Lithuania: 12. Capital: Warsaw.
    Russia:13. Capital: Saint Petersburg
    Ottomans: 29. Capital: Constantinople
    Portugal: 4. Capital: Lisbon
    Netherlands: 2. Capital: Amsterdam
    Saxony: 2. Capital: Dresden
    Bavaria: 2 Capital: Munich
    Wuerttemberg: 1: Capital: Stuttgart
    Mughal Empire: N/A (not on map: I may end up having a No_custom roster, and use it stand in for Naples or possibly Morocco: I dunno. but if I do it, it'll be a 1 province deal either way.)

in addition, thanks to the larger map, there will be 31 German regions, from about 25 or so states that existed at the time. Further, 5 provinces will be in the middle east, one for scripting purposes, and there will be a province in Malta, as well as Morocco. will be testing a blank version soon.

You have almost finished the map_region?

You've done all the regions?

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    You have almost finished the map_region?

You've done all the regions?

I've had to magnify this compared to other campaign maps of Europe, since it's difficult to see many of the provinces in the original size--especially in Germany, which has about a fifth of all the provinces on the European map. all 199 are on here.

I've partly based this on actual administrative divisions (which believe me, took forever), though I've had to take the liberty of merging several divisions with each other (especially with the Ottoman Empire, Poland Lithuania, and Sweden), or subdivide them further (e.g. Russia: yes, there were fewer governates than I have depicted here). Germany though has had to be contracted and merged the most, since the actual place had ~300 countries, provinces, and the like in real life--well above the hard-coded limit.

I have completed this, the map_heights, and part of the map_ground_types, and have already finished the descr_regions.txt file. all I need in terms of the maps are the other TGA's, and someone with enough skill to make a campaign script and other paraphenalia. plus help with another two provincial campaigns:one in America, one in India.

EDIT: and I'm currently uploading the next alpha (it's just under 2 GB): I have left out the artillery pieces, since I have a weird bug ing the wheels up: it's not the texture, not the skeleton itself, but I fear it may be animation based. still running tests. I have also not uploaded some of the new units, since I'm brushing those up, and making sure they resemble the actual appearance of the soldiers as best as possible. this is particularly so for the Ottomans and Mughals, who are proving exceedingly complicated, due to a lack of uniforms for the latter, and lack of uniform enforcement for the former.

EDIT2: server problem has interrupted uploading: will try again later. as it is, it is late in the night.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; January 22, 2013 at 01:09 AM.

Domesticus

It seems like a good map_region!

The Piedmont is better to call it "Kingdom of Sardinia"?

Congratulations!

You could also use it to NTW2.

OK, so here's the next version of the mod. sorry for the delay: RL issues, and the server is kinda crap these days:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/1SACtE6Z/SYW.html

it is its own modfolder, so you can just install it. create a shortcut for Alexander: total war:

"wherever the heck it is on your computer\alex.exe" -mod:SYW -nm -noalexander -show_err -enable_editor

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

OK, so here's the next version of the mod. sorry for the delay: RL issues, and the server is kinda crap these days:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/1SACtE6Z/SYW.html

it is its own modfolder, so you can just install it. create a shortcut for Alexander: total war:

"wherever the heck it is on your computer\alex.exe" -mod:SYW -nm -noalexander -show_err -enable_editor
    excellent

Outstanding! Will DL as soon as I get home!

With My Compliments,
    Majgentob (aka the EarlofWarwick)

India and the US. Yes! Bon courage, good General!

Very good map! I am looking forward to play this fantastic mod ^^

Domesticus

Good work!

The maps look really good.

What is missing to make it start?

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Good work!

The maps look really good.

What is missing to make it start?
    stuff from both the TGA's and the text files:

the map_ground types is incomplete, water_surfaces hasn't been done to my satisfaction*, and of course map_roughness, map_trade_routes, map_FE, map_features, and map_climates have not at all been dealt with. (the above currently having a blank black screen, which will cause problems on trying to run the campaign).

the main problem atm though are the text files: I simply have no scripts for the campaign (where the units are, what characters, starting currency, etc). And worse, I have not the know-how to make them.

as I mentioned, I'm looking for someone with the skills and willingness to do this for me: so far, no luck.

EDIT: and I'm way too slow: way too strict (just see the map_ground_types to get an idea).

*I'm going for a new style for the map: I'm thinking of trying to make it look like a satellite photograph of Earth. So the Oceans have a distinct dark blue color, shallow seas the distinct turquoise color, etc. and of course, it should look natural: nature abhorrs a vacuum and clear-cut lines. I also plan similar things for the land areas.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; January 23, 2013 at 09:44 PM.