Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: the Seven Years War mod (originally: asking for permission.)

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: the Seven Years War mod (originally: asking for permission.)

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    One can use the map of NTW2 or the sub-mod current.

So you could change anything about history and invade other European nations. ;-)

maybe, but I have to see it first. this I have not yet done--haven't had the time.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

messiah's Avatar Semisalis

Looks sweet

Quote Originally Posted by messiah View Post
    Looks sweet
    thanks.

things are going slow, as I'm now focusing on a geology job (or just any job). found a whole bunch, applied, but haven't heard a thing back.

either way though, the cavalry are taking shape, and I'm shoring up Ottoman and Moghal units.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    thanks.

things are going slow, as I'm now focusing on a geology job (or just any job). found a whole bunch, applied, but haven't heard a thing back.

either way though, the cavalry are taking shape, and I'm shoring up Ottoman and Moghal units.

Moghal units! That's fantastic! Finally we will be able to hypothesize some early colonial scenarios for the Brits! Maybe even re-fight Plassey with the French units. Very exciting news!!

Any Maratha units on tap?

Good luck with the job hunt, Gen. Wolfe!
    Last edited by EarlofWarwick; May 21, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

thanks.

My Good Major General,

Is there still a version available for download? I tried the Megaupload links back on pages 1 and 2, but I keep getting a scary message from the Justice Department saying the site has been shut down.

Much obliged,
    EoW

Quote Originally Posted by EarlofWarwick View Post
    My Good Major General,

Is there still a version available for download? I tried the Megaupload links back on pages 1 and 2, but I keep getting a scary message from the Justice Department saying the site has been shut down.

Much obliged,
    EoW

I'm afraid none are available atm. megaupload was the only one that was easy to upload on for large files that I found, and as it's shut down, all downloads went with it.

which is fine, since I plan on uploading the current product when it can be made into something more complete than it is.

EDIT: on a site other than megaupload, of course. and no, no due date is set. I tend to not bother with them.

EDIT #2: and I failed to notice this, but yes, Marathas are a possibility, though they won't be a separate faction of their own.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; May 31, 2012 at 09:15 PM.

I'm afraid none are available atm. megaupload was the only one that was easy to upload on for large files that I found, and as it's shut down, all downloads went with it.

which is fine, since I plan on uploading the current product when it can be made into something more complete than it is.

EDIT: on a site other than megaupload, of course. and no, no due date is set. I tend to not bother with them.

EDIT #2: and I failed to notice this, but yes, Marathas are a possibility, though they won't be a separate faction of their own.

Bon Courage, General! Bon Courage!

so, anyone into makings unit cards? I need them for both unit informaiton, and for custom battle selection.

so, anyone into makings unit cards? I need them for both unit informaiton, and for custom battle selection.
    I'll research how this is done and see if it's within my limited capabilities.

VR

thanks!

so, the main thing left is to find a way to upload the material.

thanks!

so, the main thing left is to find a way to upload the material.

Gen Wolfe,

Bad news: I can't do unit pics because I don't have 3d Max or Photoshop.

Re: uploading: Have you tried mediafire? I can keep poking around for a good, free service with lots of space if that will not work.

Domesticus

Hi!

How weighs the patch of your mod?

Have you tried these sites to load the mod:

http://jumbofiles.com/

http://www.filehosting.org/

http://www.4shared.com/

4shared: a user PM'ed me it yesterday.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/AKILQQLu/SYW.html

If you want to help, feel free now to do what you feel.

@ everyone else: help yourselves: it's incomplete, but I think people will like what is in there contained.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; June 06, 2012 at 12:39 AM.

Domesticus

Ok! ;-)

does it work? the download? I have one person saying there was trouble with that.

does it work? the download? I have one person saying there was trouble with that.
    DL works for me. Thanks so much again, Gen Wolfe.

Do you unzip and place the SYW folder in the RTW root folder as you would with Napoleon TYW. Also, I notice there are zipped folders within the SYW folder. Do we have to do aything with those?

Can't wait to see what's in there!

VR
    EoW

just zip it whereever your executable is (preferably Alexander: total war). it is NOT a patch of Napoleonic II total war anymore.

the zipped files within can be ignored: they have some stuff that is no longer in the mod (old files). in fact, they must be ignored.

Good General Sir James,

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to find a new hosting site and uplaoding. I'm still as anxious as ever to take a look at your work.

However, I've been trying to figure out what the executable command should be if I unzip and put the SYW folder in my Alex folder. Would you mind cutting and pasting yours into a reply?

Quote Originally Posted by EarlofWarwick View Post
    Good General Sir James,

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to find a new hosting site and uplaoding. I'm still as anxious as ever to take a look at your work.

However, I've been trying to figure out what the executable command should be if I unzip and put the SYW folder in my Alex folder. Would you mind cutting and pasting yours into a reply?
    no problem: here is the one for my computer; obviously yours will be a little different, but the last part is relevant.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\alex.exe" -mod:SYW -nm -ne -noalexander -show_err -enable_editor -ne

Hi Gen, thank you for that! i will be able to finsih the skins for british factions asap! cheers!