Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: the Seven Years War mod (originally: asking for permission.)

Default Re: the Seven Years War mod (originally: asking for permission.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    (...) add to that a new stat system (which is also being applied to EB II right now--hurray for uniformity ), and the mod will in time be almost unrecognizable when it the next version is released. (...)

... If that is that I think... well, god made equal to all of us, right?... I have the same body defense for all my units, for that reason...

Only change +1 in elite units (grenadiers, kings guards... those all), and cavalry... the results, are good (for my at least).

The moral line (in the EDU) is very important too...

If I commit a interpretation mistake, sorry.

greetings.
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; July 07, 2014 at 05:44 PM.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

I meant uniformity between mods, not in stats XD

no, units will vary in armor based on what they wear: clothes, armor, etc. defense skill depends on training, and attack on weapon and usage.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    (...) no, units will vary in armor based on what they wear: clothes, armor, etc. (...)
    ... I agree... but, in XVIII century there was no armor or shields (only a shell, for the horses of cuirassiers, who are also elite units)...

This is my interpretation of the EDU in the defense:

Prime number: the human body (plus the clothes they are wearing, +1 for elites: they are better soldiers with training and something thus...)

Second number: is the defensive skill (there may be variations why not, especially +1 for light troops (jaegers))

Third number: Shield (always zero, because no lead shield)

I'm rehearsing that kind of stats for the units of the nineteenth century and the results are very good, believe me ... The musket bullets not produce many casualties in battle (which is correct, the large amounts of casualties by giving more use of the bayonet in melee, not by muskets).

Are criteria ... each then are seeing results and tastes...

greetings.

just letting all know this is still going: just slowed downed as the Mughuls are particularly hard to work on
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

map proposal....

for a provincial campaign I wouldn't have a problem with that--and the benefits you point out are solid. but I also need a grand campaign, and that must cover the Ottoman Empire as well.

would it be possible for you to make the map for your proposed provincial campaign at least, complete with garrisons? I have the link to the mod somewhere in the previous pages, and this should help with the process.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; January 26, 2015 at 12:09 AM.

as i said, the map can be improved in different directions, will upload some sample screens...
    also what should be the concept at all, for buildings, traits...etc...seasons script....i think for seven years....min. 1 week per turns or so....
    Last edited by leoni; January 26, 2015 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    as i said, the map can be improved in different directions, will upload some sample screens...
    excellent! will love to see this.

also what should be the concept at all, for buildings, traits...etc...seasons script....
    -the concepts I do have are quite simple for the military aspect: It might take a while to collect it all. When I have more time, I'll post it here. the basics I can tell you: mustering fields and barracks (or rather, recruitment offices for the lowest levels) allow recruitment but also provides public order bonuses, cannons require a foundry, and cavalry stud-farms; what they recruit (or help recruit) will depend on other buildings and unit class, but not barrack levels proper. Fortifications will be of two (not mutually exclusive) types. Hospitals (civilian an military) will affect squalor and ancillaries. note that all buildings have to be ones that the governments of the day actually had built. Churches will be purely political in purpose, mean to impose your culture (much as in real life, all the states of the day had state churches), but have little to do with public order. There's more to it all, but that's the start.
    -for ancillaries, it's more straightforward: every general needs some sort of medical ancillary, to improve recovery rates; the level of the ancillary will depend on the medical facilities in the cities where they were (and should be acquired as soon as they are in the city--and only if its a city owned by your faction). Beyond that, up to you (for now).
    -traits proper? another doozy. I'll post as soon as I can. let me get back to you with a compilation.

i think for seven years....min. 1 week per turns or so....
    For a provincial campaign (which we could solely dedicate to the war years of 1756-1763), I would be all in favor.

for the grand campaign though, this I feel is excessive. anywhere from 4 and 12 turns per year are what we need. so between 68 and 204 turns (as mentioned earlier in the thread, I intend that any such campaign start in 1748, ending in 1765).

hello again, at first i have to say that mainly until my rs2 mod is finished...means within the first half of this year, that is my absolute priority, beside this i could start to work on such map, heights etc. .....if you as modeller could help me with some pieces for my stuff...just to add-change parts of existing models...this would help and speed up release, so that i could spend more time on this work for sure...just to think about it....
    also i want to know, what knowledge you got for the different txt files, map related, buildings, trait work, just to clear who what could do at best....maybe you know-find more people to help...
    also do you planed to change battle map buildings-cities....
    at last i attached a map pic...please cut out mark the region area for the so called provincial campaign, so you could decide wich faction, regions must be in for that...so i can make a basic sample map-height....damn twc wont upload...
    http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/history/h...ng%20point.htm scroll down the page and find that map...thankx
    Last edited by leoni; January 27, 2015 at 02:53 PM.

I'm not sure if I have the time to help you with your models, in light of my other commitments. However, if you want me to look at your RS 2 stuff, do send to me, and I can try. But I'm grateful that you are at least working on the basics of the map. I read your comments about landmass: I see merit to them. I'm not sure how to best preserve the intended areas of coverage: I need the northern provinces for Scandinavia, but also Iraq.

As to provincial campaign: I think the area you provided in post #265 would be perfect. what provinces? that would take time to figure out, though the ones from the intended main campaign should definitely be in.

as to buildings: definitely new buildings. If anything, I'd love to use yours, with a few additions (mostly for walls and the like: I have some....interesting ideas).

as to my skill sets for Rome: total war? they're limited. I'm good with the EDU, DMB, descr_projectile, and a handful of files directly related to the battlefield. I'm not as good at campaign design.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; January 27, 2015 at 08:14 PM.

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Apple said that you were looking for a mapper. I would like to make a map for you, so pm me if you want that

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith of eternal doom View Post
    Apple said that you were looking for a mapper. I would like to make a map for you, so pm me if you want that
    your funeral

Figured I'd give an update on the current situation:

currently, things go well. I've gone ahead and done much of the mughul army roster--easily the hardest one to date, due to lack of information compared to other armies. One of the challenges was pinning down formations and equipment known to have been used between 1740 and 1760.

luckily, it turns out the Mughuls were quite conservative, so a wider temporal net could be cast: this has created quite a fascinating picture of the Mughul army, which next release (whenever that will be), will definitely have.

Another update:

I'm finishing the Ottoman army: it's gone from just four units, to almost a dozen in less than a fortnight. three Janissary times, two ethnic groups (Albanians and Bosnians), two heavy cavalry units in the main Ottoman army, one medium cavalry, the Mamlukes, and the Tatars. Levantines, North Africans, and the Azaps are next.

Now dealing with the Polish army. Surprisingly straightforward. Apparently the structure of the army changed little between 1700 and 1774.

due to the by the server of this website, I have to re-post the download link to my mod (seriously, guys: that's not cool).

well, worse things have happened. here's a new download link:

https://mega.nz/#!S0hy2I6I!xrb1kSsvl...5oiWC9t4q_IrEE

Indefinitely Banned

Thanks for the download link. You're doing great work!

How to register for this fashion label?

Quote Originally Posted by Vit2013 View Post
    How to register for this fashion label?
    What are you talking about? All you need to do is just download the mod, from the link in post #276. There's nothing here about fashion--unless mid-18th century military fashion is your thing...

Gen.jamesWolfeMy friend, that register in a label? To start up mode and could play it?