Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam/No Multiplayer?

Default Steam/No Multiplayer?

Hey guys I know I am not supposed to talk about CD keys but this is a different situation I am not asking for a CD key however I do need help.

Summary:
    So I bought Empire Total War on Steam and got Rome Total War Gold (Preorder bonus). All is good with the game however I can't play multiplayer because it says "invalid CD key". I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find the CD key I have tried looking so hard. I tried looking at the manuel (usually there is a digital manual) but there is none. I have also tried customer support for Steam and tried their forums but have failed to find a solution. Can anyone help please I would really appreciate it thanks.

Default Re: Steam/No Multiplayer?

There is a thread in the general discussion about the same problem, a number of suggestions were given there. Foremost, contact Sega, if you can give them a copy of the receipt they can give you a cd-key.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Could you redirect me to the thread because I have tried looking before I created this one. Also, I am not sure it is the CD key because I found mine in a file now and plugged it in, but for some reason it still says "CD Invalid".

If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

thanks

I have found a CD key and plugged it in but it doesnt work for some reason and it makes me upset . I have Rome Total War on CD seperate from Steam but no Barbarians so its not the same.

I still think that people shouldn't buy it from Steam, I've downloaded games through Steam, but those didn't need a cd-key. Apparently for RTW, Steam versions suck.

Ok I think I agree with you now lol. However will this happen with Empire Total War b/c that is something I will be mad about if I can not play Multiplayer via steam

Wait let me just grab my crystal ball...I'll tell you in a minute.

Steam in my opinion will save the online TW community lets face it STEAM has to be alot better than GameSpy which as we all know is terrible and makes alot of people give up playing MP games dut to the amount of game crashes which occur

Yeah, but if you get internet cut, like I had today, then you can't even start the game. Which you can with a hard copy. And you can avoid crashes and stuff like that with other programs, gameranger etc.

Still going to be alot better, HL2 uses STEAM and that is pratically faultless on the MP mode

Ok now what about mods. Will it be easier to use since Empire is using Steam for multiplayer? Or will it be a hassle as I have heard (for Medieval II on Steam)?

How can we know that if the game isn't out yet?

I dunno I'm just speculating. I mean I would assume yes b/c Empire is using Steam.

Well, if M2 and Rome work well with Steam, then I would guess that ETW will work as well. But as always, time will tell.

When I read the topic title first something else came into my mind and it would be really interesting to know. With Sega/CA now changing to Steamworks will GameSpy support RTW and M2TW in the future? Or will they remove both games from there servers?

Is there an official statement? What do you expect?

Njord's Avatar Civis

It'll probably go the way of Shogun, I wouldn't expect it without warning or in the next few months however.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

You can always try Hamachi. It was used for the RTR VII TIC MP tournament - people over at the RS forum are using it for MP.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

This issue is resolved. I can confirm that the Steam version works perfectly well online now. CD-KEY's are distributed automatically.

Okay, great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast