Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 530454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1343

Thread: Bug Reports only for DLV 6.2 Kingdoms

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Repeated crashing between turns.

can you add

to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * error
    level=*script* trace
    level = ai.ltgd trace
    level=*script* trace

to your cfg file. maybe the log contain more info (should be 6 diffrent txt-file in the log folder)

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

kaiserrobertiii, enable full modify rights for the dlv_ext folder before installing BB. I mentioned it in the instructions.

Also, though I don't have to do this, someone mentioned having some joy with using 'run as admin' for the DLV installers.

The game works fine for me on 7 x64, so it will for you too just as soon as it's properly installed
    Last edited by Taiji; June 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM.

I agree. I installed 6.2 and BB 2.9 some months ago and I had the same problems like you...
    And now after installing 6.2 turning off write protecion for the DVL.ext folder and then copying the BB2.9 , I have none CTD's.
    (remember to turn it off after you copy 2.9 again for the next BB update)

How exactly do you disable write-protection? Thanks.

Edit: I am using a windows 7 x64
    Last edited by VikeKing; June 10, 2011 at 04:45 PM.

Yeah what do you mean by full-modify rights? I went ahead and changed the permissions to full control for all users even though admins (which I'm a member of of course) already had it, and recursively turned off read-only for the whole folder. How to know what inside to re-enable that for I'm not sure though.

I re-wrote BB and the BB patch over the folder after doing these things so we'll see. I did run the DLV installers "as administrator" as well, out of habit, since I know it can cause weirdness in certain circumstances if you don't. What log should I be pulling from? I was copying out of the system log in the m2 root, is there something in the logs subdirectory that would be more useful? Here's the last few from logs\log.txt, though this last crash happened on a faction's turn instead of the rebels, interesting last 2 lines:

18:10:45.023 [ai.ltgd] [info] <2> faction standing: faction_standing 0.77575, target_faction_standing -0.400382, global_standing -0.747079, target_global_standing 0.099535
    18:10:45.023 [ai.ltgd] [info] <2> diplomacy: stance Neutral, num_enemies 4, target_num_enemies 0, has_alliance_against 0, num_turns_allied 0, num_turns_ceasefire -1
    18:10:45.023 [ai.ltgd] [info] <2> trusted_allies: trusted_ally 0, trusted_ally_enemy 0, trusted_ally_protectorate 0
    18:10:45.023 [ai.ltgd] [info] <2> protectorate: is_protectorate 0, is_protectorate_of_catholic 0
    18:10:45.023 [ai.ltgd] [info] <2> papal: excommunicated 0, enemy_excommunicated 0, has_ceasehostilities 0
    18:10:45.023 [ai.ltgd] [info] <2> neighbour: is_neighbour 0, target_weakest_neighbour 0, strongest_neighbour 0, borders_all_our_regions 0
    18:10:45.023 [ai.ltgd] [info] <2> win conditions: is_faction_to_outlive_target 0, is_target_faction_to_outlive 0
    18:10:45.023 [ai.ltgd] [info] <2> misc: production_balance 116.49, target_religion 0, target_faction norway, num_settlements 13
    18:10:45.023 [ai.ltgd] [info] <2> rand 0.699515, difficulty medium, turn_number 38
    18:10:45.023 [ai.ltgd] [info] <2> most_desirable 0, target_human 0, target_is_shadow 0
    18:10:45.024 [ai.ltgd] [info] <2> LTGD: (catholic) invade decision: invade = invade_none, invade_priority = -3501, want_offer_protect = 0, alliance_against = 0, can_force_invade = 1
    18:10:45.024 [ai.ltgd] [info] <2> LTGD: number of invasion targets: '8
    18:10:45.024 [ai.ltgd] [info] <2> LTGD: adjusted invade priority for 'turks' from -751 to -544
    18:10:45.025 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <console_command> at line 87418 in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:10:45.095 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 87419 in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:10:45.095 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <AI_FOW> = 0
    18:10:45.096 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0086_Update_Tall_Poppy1> fired
    18:10:45.096 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0087_Update_Tall_Poppy2> fired
    18:10:45.096 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0088_Update_Tall_Poppy3> fired
    18:10:45.096 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0096_Increase_Global_Standing_New_Turn> fired
    18:10:45.096 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0104_High_Income4> fired
    18:10:45.363 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    18:10:45.364 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    18:10:46.081 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

no dice with that, the logs under the logs directory seem to get deleted for this more predictable crash, the one on the rebel turn.

system log:

21:08:59.991 [data.missing] [warning] Missing unit image data/ui/unit_info/hedjaz/Abid_Al_Javelinmenn_info.tga
    21:08:59.991 [data.missing] [warning] Missing unit image data/ui/unit_info/hedjaz/Abid_Al_Javelinmenn_info.tga
    21:12:52.506 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    21:13:12.403 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    21:15:08.399 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    21:21:20.519 [data.missing] [warning] Missing unit image data/ui/unit_info/hedjaz/Abid_Al_Javelinmenn_info.tga
    21:21:45.877 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/104.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:21:45.878 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/104.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:21:45.878 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/104.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:21:47.895 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

You're barking up the wrong tree looking at logs.

But my 'full modify rights' thing is too vague, I agree.

What I should have said is take ownership of the m2tw folder and it's subfolders:

Right click the folder, properties, security, advanced, owner, edit, select yourself, tick 'Replace owner on subcontainers and objects', apply, wait for it to process, done.

Ah the joys of Windows 7
    Last edited by Taiji; June 11, 2011 at 04:18 AM.

egh, ok tried that and reinstalled bb, still crashes

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Well if 6.2 was working OK and you followed the instructions for installing BB then I have no idea. I hope you find a solution and let us know about it. Good luck

6.2 was never working ok either, nor 6.0

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Oh. Well if you use run as admin on those installers, and if you disabled UAC, you'd have no problems as long as you installed to a folder other than program files. So again, I really don't see what the problem would be.

Re-downloaded the 6.0 installer. Re-installed, changed the installers' properties to "run this program as an administrator" under the compatibility tab, then right clicked them to "run as administrator" as well. In addition to all the other steps mentioned. Dead end . Still crashes, rebel turn.

What can I do, if anything, to eliminate this as a possible root cause?

"
    16:33:46.578 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    16:33:46.578 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    16:33:46.949 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    "

The file exists in the vanilla tree, is it supposed to exist in DLV separately? I also noticed that some intro videos looked like they were unpacking during the DLV install but the only one I see (in C:\m2\mods\DLV_ext\data\fmv\faction) is Norway intro.bik. Is this normal?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

That is normal behaviour during a crash, AFAIK it says nothing about what's wrong with the way you've installed the game, or the system you've installed it on.

Try out BB3.0, maybe my hacking a load of stuff out of the script will have helped someone in your situation.

Actually there's hope, I had been to the DLV 6.2 bug reports page before but missed the very end of the post where, among other things, it says to try:

[game]
    allusers=1

I had gotten stuck at 1228, was crashing every time I reloaded, rebel turn, but when I added that the the cfg it passed through. I'll keep my fingers crossed, haven't had a chance to play any more since that was late last night but I'm optimistic.

3.0? Auh but look at all those mandatory features .

I've been playing with AI garrision spawns and financial aid enabled but everything else off, since they impede my efforts at building up my cities as gloriously as possible. I want to see if I can build everything available in Constantinople by the end of the game , though maybe my sense of time has been off and I've just been impatient for the late and even mid-game that I've never been able to reach.

Oh and no total war, so "DLV AI" enabled. Though it also rather bugs me how hard it seems to be to make peace especially with muslim powers, even if you're winning and peace is their priority, they won't offer any terms, and offering them a pile of money or even a settlement just insults them or gets firmly rejected. It's amazing how many wars I end up in, I never start any because even with a more civilized AI, if I'm not allied or at least have excellent relations, they'll come after me. Even Kiev will decide at some point that it's in their best interests to declare war by blockading a random port.

While I'm on it, is the plague hard-coded for 1247? It seems it always hits in 1247, which doesn't make any sense. Gameplay-wise it's a good way into the game and usually disrupts things right when they're getting good (nice), but not historically accurate. Of course, if it could be random, preferably with a grace period of at least 20 years, that would probably be best.

nope nevermind, must have been a different crash than the still routine non-logging one.

Here's another clue,

I copied the vanilla cfg text from the m2 root and merged it (manually with notepad) into the dlv cfg.

Now I can't get past this turn (1230) if I start from a save done during my turn, but when I loaded one part-way through the AI's turns it made it through, though I ended up with a rather obscene amount of cash (90k), whereas typically if the game is working properly (presumably), I'm ending up with between 10k and 20k after going into the red 10k+ between turns.

Also, the first time I tried to go back and load a my-turn save after the partial one worked, to see if the cfg file merge fixed the problem (I had accidentally hit continue campaign instead of load campaign), the last thing I saw before the crash was a witch with a movement path, she must just have spawned because she was standing in my LoS and she wasn't there before.

Default Re: Bug Reports only for DLV 6.2 Kingdoms

I cant even click the faction i want to choose without the game crashing, did i install it wrong?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Bug Reports only for DLV 6.2 Kingdoms

that´s the faction selection ctd. you can look in the submodforum here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397502, TQ made a fix for this.