Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports only for DLV 6.2 Kingdoms

Default Re: Bug Reports only for DLV 6.0 Kingdoms

my problem is, that when i want to start a great campaign and click through the playable nations, after the third selection the game crashes??
    has anyone the same problem???

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by landstreicher View Post
    my problem is, that when i want to start a great campaign and click through the playable nations, after the third selection the game crashes??
    I'll do the honor this time fellas.

@landstreicher - this is probably the oldest and most well known bug in all of M2TW mod history. It is listed in a million spots throughout this website. However, I understand that you probably just posted in a panic without checking out the beginning of this thread.

Whenever a mod has more than 25? factions, switching between 3 or more factions will cause the game to crash every time. It's not a Deus Lo Vult bug, it is a regular ol Medieval II: Total War bug that has to do with the number of factions used. It is an annoying, but harmless bug and you simply have to reload the game, choose the faction you want to play with, change your difficulty settings, etc, then hit start.

the banners of some countries are messed up for me, is that the same for all of you. like desert nations, rebels, jerusalem, etc.

La Bestia Von Garlet's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by landstreicher View Post
    My god! It's like people don't even read the first post at all...

THANGDACLAC's Avatar Civis

I'M PLAYING THE DVL 6.0 WITH THE HOTFIX O.1(PLAY AS ENGLAND)
    -THE WRONG IS: THE KNIGHTS RUN THROUGH THE WALL.
    -IN THE MAIN SCREEN WHEN I CHOSE( CLICK THE MOUSE ON) THE FOURTH KINGDOM(FOURTH TIME), WHICH IS CHOSEN AND THE GAME THROWS OUT.

Last edited by THANGDACLAC; January 24, 2009 at 07:25 AM.

I'M WAITING FOR REPLY. THANK SO MUCH !!!

Hi i've a CTD
    the game crashes randomly in the strategy map after 3 or 4 turns with every faction. I've got windows pro XPSP3 with the italian version of MTW2.
    The last part of the system log

17:51:55.890 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0096_Increase_Global_Standing_New_Turn> fired
    17:51:55.890 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0104_High_Income4> fired
    17:51:56.125 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    17:51:56.125 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    17:51:56.468 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

5 posts in a row? You've gotta be kidding me Use the "Edit Post" button in the bottom left of your post if you want to add another screenshot or piece of information. Please don't use all caps. IT DOESNT MAKE YOU SOUND VERY FRIENDLY. See?

Also, read the stickies. If you read the first post of this thread you'll find out about the problem you speak of.

Please read the site's Terms of Service as well. Click "Rules" in the above links.

PrivateJoh's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by THANGDACLAC View Post
    I'M PLAYING THE DVL 6.0 WITH THE HOTFIX O.1(PLAY AS ENGLAND)
    -THE WRONG IS: THE KNIGHTS RUN THROUGH THE WALL.
    -IN THE MAIN SCREEN WHEN I CHOSE( CLICK THE MOUSE ON) THE FOURTH KINGDOM(FOURTH TIME), WHICH IS CHOSEN AND THE GAME THROWS OUT.
    Knights running through wall is mostly a side effect of the cavalry spread. Not much you can do about it without removing this animation (search for it if you want to do it, do no ask again please)

From Wartower (actually three post above your first post):
    @landstreicher (now applicable to you) - this is probably the oldest and most well known bug in all of M2TW mod history. It is listed in a million spots throughout this website. However, I understand that you probably just posted in a panic without checking out the beginning of this thread.

Whenever a mod has more than 25? factions, switching between 3 or more factions will cause the game to crash every time. It's not a Deus Lo Vult bug, it is a regular ol Medieval II: Total War bug that has to do with the number of factions used. It is an annoying, but harmless bug and you simply have to reload the game, choose the faction you want to play with, change your difficulty settings, etc, then hit start.

Please, check the info about the mod (first post) for well known bugs before posting very simple questions.

Joh

Not sure if I am having the same trouble as nik above but sounds like it I have only tried venice though after installing the hotfix didnt have a problem before. but about 4 or 5 turns in I get black screen and must reboot no way to come out of it I will try another faction and see if it helps here is what my log says. And yes it was a clean install.

16:00:06.156 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:00:06.156 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    16:00:06.203 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:00:06.218 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:00:06.218 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:00:06.250 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:00:06.265 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:00:06.265 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:00:18.687 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/DLV_ext/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15195, column 46
    trigger not found
    22:28:53.906 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Divinehammer View Post
    Not sure if I am having the same trouble as nik above but sounds like it I have only tried venice though after installing the hotfix didnt have a problem before. but about 4 or 5 turns in I get black screen and must reboot no way to come out of it I will try another faction and see if it helps here is what my log says. And yes it was a clean install.
    I've got a bit of bad news for you I'm afraid. As of right now, we're kind of in the dark about the CTD's and general mayhem caused by whatever is going on with that error log you posted. If you want to read an in-depth analysis or just some more info on what I'm talking about, check out the "DLV Europa Released" thread here in the sticky section.

If you don't feel like reading all that, and I can't blame you if you don't, then I will just summarize. It's a pretty random occurence that affects a small number of people in all DLV-based mods. It also can cause the game to CTD in a wide variety of ways, from splash screen to AI's turn. It also affects people with XP and Vista, so it's probably not OS related. At this point in time, you may get lucky and be able to play if you reload after it happens. On the other hand, you may get unlucky and not be able to play the mod again.

Several people here are working dilligently to figure it out, but due to the nature of the "bug", it has been difficult.

Oh, and your problem is most likely not the same thing that Nik is experiencing.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Last edited by Wartower; January 25, 2009 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinehammer View Post
    16:00:18.687 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/DLV_ext/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15195, column 46
    trigger not found.
    this one is specified in the first page that it's not a bug
    try to type in your DLV_ext.cfg

[log]
    level = * trace

now your log must be more detailed

@all with crashes
    Upload your save games and show the last 20 lines of your trace logs

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Hi repman...
    Do you remember the broken Lithuanian regular crossbowmen???? they still exist.... completely wrong texture.... its only in the custom battles or in the campaign also????? sorry i cant post an image right now... thanks.....

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

When I download the parts they dont give me a destination to choose all it says is Are you sure you want to run this program? (I have vista and the security with it) so i click run and it exits but no destination and i have no idea where to find the files? But when i download the 1st part it automatically gives me the combine files commeand. I of course dont have part 2 D/L yet. So i might be answering my own question but do i just download part 2 first and rely that they are in the same folder? Oh and I combine them into the M2TW mods folder right?

pls reply, it seems like a pretty simple answer, or at least i think it is
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

@Nole, Simple answer: Yes.

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

cool thx + rep, retrying now
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince