Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus lo Vult 6.2 download, installation and manual - 09\25\2009

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Deus lo Vult 6.2 download, installation and manual - 09\25\2009

Quote Originally Posted by AtParmentier View Post
    I want to patch my eu gold edition to 1.5 but, i can find any good link.
    Could someone give me a good link?
    Here you go:
    http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=2391

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach View Post
    hope it works

Hi Guys. Can anyone explain to me what the consequenses are for repeatedly taxing nobles? Is it worth it? For how many turns should one tax them without getting into trouble?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

It causes them to feel unappreciated, and possibly contributes to the chances of a rebellion amongst them. I tend to leave it alone unless I am really desperate.

Thank you Taiji. One more question: Just by chance, do you happen to know if the "feel unappreciated trait" is permanent? Is there a way to remove it? Does it come back to normal after a couple of rounds not taxing the nobles?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

I really don't know much about it but it I think it might not stabilise by itself. You'll need to think about what might help them feel more appreciated. Maybe they like bloodshed? Go kill stuff. Maybe they want more attention? Send them to hang out with the king. Intuitive stuff like that.

If you manage to get it so everyone feels appreciated then I suppose you can cash in using the crown tax. But when playing DLV without BB I never had a problem with money, except the problem of what to do with it all. Sorry I am not much use

It was good help. Well, Iīve been playing with BB. I only chose not to be charged by settlement expenses. Still, the money is not flowing at all. Sieging armies, agents and generals outside settlements cost you some good cash. But itīs fun though. Iīve just started playing with the teutonic order ( H/H with full script, except for that partircular one). Letīs see how it goes. Last question: I havenīt experienced crashes so far ( round 27 and two or three battles fought ). Is DLV 6.2 a stable and "fixed" game? Is it so fun and good as it seems to be? I am really impressed by how diplomacy is working just fine ( already allied with Englang, HRE and The Jerusalem Kingdom. And all alliances have already improved to something between very good and perfect ).

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

TO is one of the harder factions to play I think. Aggressive early expansion and tactical alliances will probably make things a lot easier. But it can be difficult to pull off. Poland makes an attractive target, but lithuania will become very dangerous if left unchecked. Historically they wound up with a huge country, the largest in europe, and I recently checked out a savegame for a campaign where they had taken huge swathes of northern europe. They are pretty neutral towards everyone, but christians and muslims have a problem with them so they might not make great allies.

I forgot to say I am playing the short campaign option. Therefore, I only need 15 regions. The main focus is to destroy Lithuania. In my opinion, it is a lot more fun playing this way. You don’t need to expand carelessly. Quite the contrary, you can build up your forces step by step and easily respect your alliances until the end of the game, actually profiting from them. My only concern is this thing about factions becoming a horde after their last territory has been taken away from them. That could be a major setback in order to pull off.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

The horde feature was removed a while back, because I didn't like the way they behaved once horded and letting them die properly speeds the game up. So I hope you're not disappointed but you'll have no problem there.

I am glad to hear that. For I’ve always hated “the horde experience" myself. So far I am completely in love with the game. Only for the second time in my life I have really enjoyed playing a total war game. SS was the first and only mod I enjoyed playing before this one. Always felt the vanilla game had great potential but was terribly explored. Nonsensical diplomacy, random ancillaries, unbalanced and stupid AI, bad economy, the absence of role playing features.... I am really glad you guys exist. For some people like me playing a regular TW game is just impossible. And I am sure that all the fellows responsible for developing these great mods are also indirectly responsible for making CA grow as a team. I am positive that you are the reason to make them worry about releasing better games in the future.

I read the first page of the bug thread but didn't see anything useful there or when doing a search.

I'm running vista and bought m2 off of steam, I can get dlv to download and install it into my mod file and everything, but when I try to play it, it doesn't give me the DLV_ext option in the launch menu...

If the governor moves to another city to build something and returns to his own before the turn ends, will that prevent him from moving up to the next career rank? And what happens if a general does not start right away his field training next to another one, can it be delayed for some other time in the future?

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

can anyone tell me why when i download it... it comes up as an unknown file type? i have bit zipper so i dont understand why all of a sudden it wont allow me to download any mods any assistance would be greatly appreciated... feel free to PM me

This is how it worked for me (currently playing the Teutonic campaign around turn 110 and no crashes so far):

. Downloaded DLV 6.2 using u-torrent and installed the game into my “mod folder” (maybe you will have to rename the file before starting the download, canīt remenber if that was necessary).
    . Downloaded the “fixes patch” and installed its content into my “Medieval 2 folder” (not the “mod folder!”).

By the way, I used 7-zip and reinstalled Medieval 2 outside program files (simply created a “game’ folder for all my games). Some people say games become more stable and sometimes only playable if you do so. Coincidentally or not, I haven’t experienced any crashes for any of my games after doing that.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks for your help AlexCouceio! +rep i appreciate it ill let you know if it works for me

i got 7zip and i was going to redownload DLV and again i get this...

MIME Type: application/x-msdownload
    Description: UnKnown
    Windows does not recognize this MIME type.

i have no idea what MIME is but because it doesnt recognise it it comes up as an unknow file type and asks me to do an aplication search for it... really getting frustrated need help please
    Last edited by MagUidir; December 11, 2010 at 01:18 AM. Reason: fixing something

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Probably your browser messed up. Just rename .mime to .exe.

Playing hard campaigns are definitely not for me. Even though I end up winning the game, it is just too boring being attacked by everyone who is at your border. Even your allies betray you and become an aggressor. I am currently playing the Teutonic campaign and being attacked by all four neighboring factions. Each turn I have to go through 3 or 4 big battles. It is definitely not for me. Better adding scripts and playing the battles on hard or very hard levels. This is the only way to make the game more realistic and fun.

I would really like a feedback about people’s preferences. How do you enjoy playing the game?

By the way, the game is awesome. I liked it very very much. Great Job. The Teutonic campaign is really cool.