Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ & Installation, troubleshooting - Read the first four Posts before you reply

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Default Re: FAQ & Installation, troubleshooting - Read the first four Posts before you reply

if it says v1.5 then you don't need to patch
    as to the second question - yes, try to make sure all previous traces are gone

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default Re: FAQ & Installation, troubleshooting - Read the first four Posts before you reply

If you have gold version you don' t need to patch, what i mean with by hand is do uninstall after uninstalling go your hard disk and look for the RTW folder because it will still be there. Delete it and start installing every thing again.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Good news! It works! Bad news! It won't save! Says there no save file

Do you have Vista, Alecaisus? This sounds like a typical vista-problem where vista doesn't allow programs to create new, and sometimes alter files. I don't remember from the top of my head how to change this, but I'm sure there are some guides if you look around a little, or maybe someone else here knows. Good luck

Hey, just a little question. I'm still using spqr 6.4 as I want to continue my old campaign. However, after several months of not playing, there seems to be a problem with my saves. When I try to run the 4 turn-per-year script my game will for some reason the year will change to 172 B.C. (in my last save it is 166 B.C.). No biggie, as I can continue to play, but I wanted to know if you knew how to fix it...

An other problem, though, is that sometimes my game will ctd after loading the script and opening the building tab for Narbo (I think that's its name...city in southern France, has a border with Spain...). Is it my save? I have a lot of older ones (like 30 ), but i'd rather not replay all those years again if possible...I've tried reinstalling the game but it doesn't seem to work.

The time-hopping is due to not being consistant with script. If you play without script, it is just 2 turns per year, so if you play a few turns like that, your years will pass in less turns, and if you start the script again after a few turns, it will then revert the "clock" backwards to where it would have been if you would have used script all the time. If it just does like this, nothing is really broken, you can go ahead and play like it is, however if you get propelled into 500ad-something, you broke it! hehe

About ctd, best tip is playing windowed. Your problems here though might be a corrupt save, or something else, no idea really, but try it windowed first.

I don't have Vista no. Windows XP. I'll try again without script. Maybe it was that. I did it from the moment the game started but oh well.

I just tried to download one of the save files in the Download part of this thread. Didn't work either.

Well senator Pictor this is the first time i hear of this problem that you are putting before the senate and the people of Rome. I would like to ask you if you could try to start one of the older saves and use the script to see if the problem presents it self in these files as well.

@ Alecaisius do you see a folder called saves in your main RTW folder?
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; April 26, 2009 at 07:31 AM.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Yep. It's empty bar the LT1956 game save that I put there but it doesn't work. And I can't delete it either.

Note: When I try to save it says - Cannot create save file on disk.

Hmm strange. Did you do a fresh install? I might suggest you do every thing over again. Did you get the 291 MB installer?
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

I did a clean install of everything. Its Gold version so didn't need the patches and the SPQR works fine until I have to save. Thats the only problem I'm having.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

when you open your file in my computer does it have a save games folder - if not then the game won't save because it has nowhere to save to

Yeah it does. Bar tgas and Unit add on for SPQR, looks exactly like yours in that picture.

Civis

Don't know why you would, but when you look at the properties of the save folder, is it protected in any way (like read-only, archive, or something like that...)
    I haven't been on XP for quite some time now, so I don't remember exactly what are all the tick boxes, but I am pretty sure you can (should?) untick all them.
    Worth a try.
    Into my SQPR 8.0 campaign....

New thing now. I took everything off and re-did it - all clean. Rome Added cleanly, SPQR added cleanly, yet now - No Save File when I look at my RTW folder. Everything else is, just not that. Any ideas?

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Alecaisius View Post
    New thing now. I took everything off and re-did it - all clean. Rome Added cleanly, SPQR added cleanly, yet now - No Save File when I look at my RTW folder. Everything else is, just not that. Any ideas?
    this i think is actually more hopeful - since (and i might be wrong) i think the game only creates the save folder when you first try to save it

so if you give it another go (you don't need to do much in the game just move someone, save, quit, re open SPQR, load game) it may well work

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    Well senator Pictor this is the first time i hear of this problem that you are putting before the senate and the people of Rome. I would like to ask you if you could try to start one of the older saves and use the script to see if the problem presents it self in these files as well.
    Ok, just loaded some of the older ones, the previous 2 have the same problem, but the one before that seems ok. I suppose it is the saves then, and I'll have to replay my campaign from there...still gonna be fun .
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; April 27, 2009 at 12:35 PM.

inLo all! Great mod, just a question.

I own RTW and BI, have RTW patched to 1.5 and BI patched to 1.6

I read the readme (nice article on Legion tactics btw), and saw that in verison histories, this mod isnt meant for BI installations. Is this still the case with version 7? I installed it, played it, works well until I try a quick game, in which case I get a CTD. I have the -show_err in my startup, but dont know where to look for the output. Am I wasting my time trying to get this to work on RTW that has a BI installation?

Thanks again!

@spacemanvic

Quickgames behave weird, and I don't think they are supported by SPQR:tw at all. The same goes for the historical battles. I think this has something to do with the new world map, and the quickbattles chosing locations from the old world map. I have BI aswell, and played some 500 turns of SPQR installed over it, works like a charm! But as always, if you're not doing it already, try it in windowed mode, it minimizes the risk of all possible CTDs for some reason...