Thread: IJ with alexander exe tryout

Default IJ with alexander exe tryout

I wanted to run IJ with the alexander exe, and and it seems to work, I want to know if I should expect it to keep doing so.

I changed the IJ chortcut to the rtw-ALX.exe. I got an error upon start up that
    the game could not find some horde feature in descr_sm_factions.
    So I deleted every line that started with horde in descr_sm_factions.

Now the game starts, but instead of that yellow background video, there is only a picture as background, the one with a julian-statue.

Selecting the main campaign returns "please select an item from the list",
    but starting the provinial campaign starts the main campaign.
    Everything seems to work, exept hording, and no error messages or crashes so far.

Can anyone tell me what happenes here?
    1) Why the different menu background?
    2) Why is the main campaign now the provincial campaign?
    3) Will this work? Can I play with the alx exe?

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: IJ with alexander exe tryout

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    I wanted to run IJ with the alexander exe, and and it seems to work, I want to know if I should expect it to keep doing so.

I changed the IJ chortcut to the rtw-ALX.exe. I got an error upon start up that
    the game could not find some horde feature in descr_sm_factions.
    So I deleted every line that started with horde in descr_sm_factions.

Now the game starts, but instead of that yellow background video, there is only a picture as background, the one with a julian-statue.

Selecting the main campaign returns "please select an item from the list",
    but starting the provinial campaign starts the main campaign.
    Everything seems to work, exept hording, and no error messages or crashes so far.

Can anyone tell me what happenes here?
    1) Why the different menu background?
    2) Why is the main campaign now the provincial campaign?
    3) Will this work? Can I play with the alx exe?
    Oh, this old chesnut. What you describe is what I have experienced. I have found a solution, though have yet to try it out. It basically converting the IB files to ALEX files like the LoTR mod has done. When this is done then you can play custom battles etc.

I plan to convert IJ to the ALEX.exe engine as an option and include additional units plus of course unique characters like julianus and shapur II, but not until IJV3.0 is done.

Default Re: IJ with alexander exe tryout

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Oh, this old chesnut. What you describe is what I have experienced. I have found a solution, though have yet to try it out. It basically converting the IB files to ALEX files like the LoTR mod has done. When this is done then you can play custom battles etc.

I plan to convert IJ to the ALEX.exe engine as an option and include additional units plus of course unique characters like julianus and shapur II, but not until IJV3.0 is done.
    That sounds great!
    Last edited by CIaagent11; January 28, 2009 at 06:36 AM.