Great mod BTW.

Later

Team Member--Living in the Day of the Eagle! The Eagle not the Dove--

Default Re: MA Technical Help

See hotfix #1
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

i just downloaded but carnt get passed selecting campaign ,i select it sounndslike its gonna work then returnsto menu

Hmm. Do you have any other mods installed? Did you install into the right location? You are the first person to have this problem, so I am lead to believe that you have other mods installed that might be messing with it, or you installed into the wrong location.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

yeah i have EB and rios IBFD BRG II could that be it ,i had it installed before with EB and it worked but it crashed so i reinstalled

persianfan247's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager123 View Post
    I edited the descre dtrat files so i could play as the persians, and when i clicked on baktria i had a CTD and it said that alexander stopped working. Any advice people?.
    Do you mean, Dahae, because baktria is not in the game, and baktrians and Dahae are completely different historically, The Dahae confederacy contains the Parthians.

Anyway I start this mod up and the only faction I can play is Macedon, whats up will the this? is Usercontrolinterface thing affecting this?

Vulpex's Avatar Civis

So is there any way to make the 12 y/t script work after loading?

Hello MA Gang,

I have a quick question, how do I install MA if I am using the Steam Version of Rome: Total War. I purchased the Rome: TW Gold with the Alexander Expansion.

Not sure where to install this Mod, and help would be appreciated.

Hawke

Quote Originally Posted by persianfan247 View Post
    Anyway I start this mod up and the only faction I can play is Macedon, whats up will the this? is Usercontrolinterface thing affecting this?
    Nothing wrong there. An explanation to this can be found in the release thread, but the main reason is that the AI cannot do an Alexander, so we've deprived them of the ability to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpex View Post
    So is there any way to make the 12 y/t script work after loading?
    We are still trying to figure this one out

Quote Originally Posted by jffhawke View Post
    Hello MA Gang,

I have a quick question, how do I install MA if I am using the Steam Version of Rome: Total War. I purchased the Rome: TW Gold with the Alexander Expansion.

Not sure where to install this Mod, and help would be appreciated.

Hawke
    Not too sure about the steam version, but it shouldn't be any different compared to a CD version of RTW. Not much more help I can give here, but I don't think that the Steam version should be any different than a cd. Just do the same thing you would do otherwise.

persianfan247's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Roman_Man#3 View Post
    Nothing wrong there. An explanation to this can be found in the release thread, but the main reason is that the AI cannot do an Alexander, so we've deprived them of the ability to try.
    Oh, I thought you were meant to be able to play as all factions, Silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman_Man#3 View Post
    Not too sure about the steam version, but it shouldn't be any different compared to a CD version of RTW. Not much more help I can give here, but I don't think that the Steam version should be any different than a cd. Just do the same thing you would do otherwise.
    Well I am a bit confused as to where you place the MOD, the installer says something about the Rome Total War folder, but not which folder. Also Steam has broken Alexander XPACK into its own game, as if it is standalone.

So I was confused as to where to put the MOD, I tried installing into the Alexander Folder and tried launching the game with Desktop Shortcut, but it failed to intialize and said it could not find steam.

hi im having a problem with ma
    1st time i played it worked fine but 2nd time round i got an error message saying some of the archer units wont work as there range is 170 but maximum range for arrows is 130.
    many archer units have this range is 170 meant to be the range or should i change them to 130 or do u know where i can change arrow range.
    thanks
    Last edited by Amos; April 07, 2009 at 11:15 AM.

Hmm, I'll have to look into this one, I haven't heard it yet.

You can change the range in export_descr_units.txt, but unless you have previous modding experience, that isn't recommended. You could back the original up and try it then though.

Andor's Avatar Civis

Hello
    I was glad very much that an one like this prepared for an end mod I downloaded it I put it up on all of them worked while it was not necessary to fight then steps out of the game referring to an error message I do not know a solution to him laid the mod the game but a change did not happen...

Help would be needed

Andor's Avatar Civis

Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

but 100% that the trouble is not with the video memory...I did not hear one like that yet for who he announced this

Andor's Avatar Civis

The basis is not with Alexander it's okay. Would somebody be able to advise something?
    I cannot fight because he announces this steadily - - -> Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

Already very disturbing how I cannot play with him though very much I would love.

Please HELP ME!!!!!

What units are in the two armies when you are initiating the fight?

Andor's Avatar Civis

First the garrison of the rebelling sparta vs. a hypstases and skirmishing standing army throws together I tested it with Alexander deliberately then a thracian to attack an army but nothing. I made an attempt against a Persian army for the third but nothing

Has there been any one specific unit in all the battles you tested? I've not heard of this problem yet, and suspect it may be a corrupted install, but we'll worry about that later.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast