Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MA Technical Help

Default MA Technical Help

If you have any problems, please report them here and I will do my best to solve them.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Default Re: MA Technical Help

Is it possible to play this on BI? cuz this looks pretty sweet, but I don't have Alexander.

No, sorry.

Icon1 Re: MA Technical Help

Is it mod-switcher? :hmmm:

It is contained completely within it's own mod folder, so it won't overwrite anything.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Are the starting family members (other than Alexander) supposed to be immobile? I can't move any of them out of the cities they're in.

Also, I just loaded up the new campaign I started and the 12TPY script didn't seem to deploy. It went from 335 BC to 329 BC in one sitting, and I know I didn't play 72 turns.

I'm going to reinstall the hotfix and see if that does anything. I'll let you know.

Edit: Installed the hotfix twice and reloaded my campaign after each one. The script didn't deploy. But I started a new campaign and the script deployed automatically the first time.

It doesn't seem to function after the game is saved and reloaded.

2nd Edit: I just started a brand new campaign. Script deployed properly at the start, then I saved, quit, and loaded it back up, and the script didn't deploy. Maybe you could put in a manual trigger for this reason?

I can confirm that the 12tpy Script doesnt work in a savegame.

Another topic: May it helps a lot of vista users to know, that they have to turn off the UserAccountControl (UAC), if they want to play this very nice mod.
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Turumba View Post
    Another topic: May it helps a lot of vista users to know, that they have to turn off the UserAccountControl (UAC), if they want to play this very nice mod.
    How do you mean? What prevents from playing it?

As far as I know, my UAC is currently on and I haven't had any issues other than the 12TPY script not working.

Edit: 1,200 posts even! Hail Alexander!

Yes, RTW scripting is far form perfect. Have you guys quit RTW before loading an old save?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    As far as I know, my UAC is currently on and I haven't had any issues other than the 12TPY script not working.
    I tried to install MA with UAC on, it seems to install, but no shortcut on desktop and no MA Folder inside the alexander folder appeared. Then i turned UAC off, tried again and all worked fine.

@Roman_Man#3: Yes, after reload a savegame, doesnt matter if quit or not, a normal 2tpy is working.
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

Just installed and I got this error message when I started the game.

My first thought is that you installed it to the wrong location. What folder did you choose to install it into?

The rome total war directory,I just followed the instructions. I also installed the Hotfix #1 into the ma folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War

Have you done any previous modding of the files, or have another mod installed?

I have Roma Surrectum installed. Does that affect Alexander?

I would say yes. MA doesn't touch the descr_building_battle file, but Roma surrectum does. If you have a clean install of Alexander, go into it's data folder, copy descr_building_battle.txt, and paste it into alexander/MA/data/. It may solve the problem, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks to both you and ROP team.
    Are the starting family members (other than Alexander) supposed to be immobile?
    1st: I have problem with moving generals out of cities too.
    2nd: Campaign map loads, there's nothing wrong with that, but when a battle loading completes system exits and an error message appears: "there was problem loading textures" or something like that.

The generals are supposed to be immobile, because if they were mobile you would have a massive amount of generals. We ran into similar problems in Beta-testing, and they are there to fix the issue. Don't think of them as family members, but rather as garrison captains.

@ Shapur, can you provide me with which texture it has trouble loading?

Quote Originally Posted by Roman_Man#3 View Post
    Yes, RTW scripting is far form perfect. Have you guys quit RTW before loading an old save?
    Yeah, I've tried everything. The script won't work after saving and continuing a game.

I edited the descre dtrat files so i could play as the persians, and when i clicked on baktria i had a CTD and it said that alexander stopped working. Any advice people?.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast