Thread: Pirate Faction

Default Pirate Faction

Pirate Faction

This is an idea that I still consider as a mod.. if it's not later already given as an expansion. All I am really proposing is that one faction be changed to a pirate faction. And the base city being in Belize, (British Honduras). The maps will stay the same, so I’ll need to learn how to re-skin some of the units with pirate outfits, 2D artwork replace banners flags etc, and text, and change the names of cities in Central America. There doesn’t seem to be any interest in this idea, but I think it’s a good idea anyway.
    Here’s what I wrote earlier..

The noble Buccaneers, after much persecution from their host countries, would try and establish an independent colony in Central America and the whole region. There could be trade alliances with the British and others, as there was historically. Another region that the Buccaneer's wish to control is West Africa, and the loot to be got from Ivory, Gold and Slaves, to sell on to the wicked British and French in the colonies. The Buccaneers can take over the slave trade from the Moroccan pirates, working the med. and sell the slaves grabbed from Cornwall and Devon and Ireland on to the French or Spanish.

So pirate-base cities could be tried to be establish in West Africa, but the main base being in Central America.
    I am wondering if any Native American tribes will be included in Empire, as I’d also like to restore the Mayan Empire in places like Honduras and a bit further south. In this scenario, the Mayans might have been able to hold on to their independence, as they held out against the Spanish for a long time, and the Yucatan wanted to join the US for a while, as another state.
    Some have said that Empire will be more moddable..

Default Re: Pirate Faction

I was thinking something like this as well, however I dont think you should have any official territories.....

Basically you would subsist on boarding enemy vessels to capture, and you would loot trade routes... I dont know how hard this would be to mod in, and I dont know what kind of winning conditions (if any) you could include, but it would be allot of fun.

For repairs etc... I think a combination of diplomacy (this is where it gets interesting) by allying yourself with a faction agreeing to attack another (something that was done often by pirates) or just having friends of the enemies you plundered from to "launder" your goods... but also a combination possibly of "unrest" influencing where you can do repairs/launder your goods as well. I have a feeling this would be a difficult mod job as it would require re-writing allot of the rules that game goes by... but who knows.

if you did infact have a fixed location it would have to be essentially invisible to the enemy (ultra secrete island) otherwise as most everyone would hate you and even the ones that like you would only do it at their convenience you would be constantly under siege which is not very pirate like.

you could also get hired as a mercenary, from different nations with missions.