I thought the following was interesting, because it relates to many of the issues involved with RTW. We get a general's speech, and the description of a battle, all from the First book of Maccabees (which is in the Catholic Bible, but usually not in a Protestant version):

I Maccabees 9:7-22
As Judas saw that his army was melting away just when battle was imminent, he was panic-stricken, because he had no time to gather them together.

But in spite of his discouragement, he said to those who remained, "Let us go forward and meet our enemies; perhaps we can put up a good fight against them."

They tried to dissuade him, saying, "We certainly cannot. Let us save our lives now, and come back with our kinsmen, and then fight against them. Now we are too few."

But Judas said, "Far be it from me to do such a thing as to flee from them! If our time has come, let us die bravely for our kinsmen and not leave a stain on our glory!"

Then the army of Bacchides moved out of camp and took its position for combat. The cavalry was divided into two squadrons, and the slingers and the archers came on ahead of the army, and all the valiant men were in the front line. Bacchides was on the right wing. Flanked by two squadrons, the phalanx attacked as they blew their trumpets.

The earth shook with the noise of the armies, and the battle raged from morning until evening. Seeing that bacchides was on the right, with the main force of his army, Judas, with the most stouthearted rallying to him drove back the right wing and pursued them as far as the mountain slopes. But when the men on the left wing saw that the right wing was driven back, they turned and followed Judas and his men, taking them in the rear. The battle was fought desperately, and many on both sides fell wounded.

Then, Judas fell, and the rest fled.

Jonathan and Simon took their brother Judas and buried him in the tomb of their fathers at Modein. All Israel bewailed for him many days, and they said, "How the mighty one has fallen, the savior of Israel!"

I thought the description of the OOB on the Greek side was interesting. The enemy army came from Eumenes II (197-158bc), the King of Pergamum, who was also a Roman ally.