Thread: My Processor

I have an AMD Sempron 2200, is this a good processor for R:TW? How many Ghz would the equivelent be to this in pentium?
    Rome runs pretty good but with lots of lag on battles over 2500 because of my radeon 9200SE. I'm getting a radeon 9800 and another 512 of ram so i will have a gig.
    With the new stuff: rad 9800 and 1gig of ram, how will i be able to run R:TW on the highest settings in large battles?
    Thanks to anyone who helps

i have a 9800pro and a 1024mb of RAM and it runs good, i can have about 8,500 on highest settings

so yes it would be better so have fun :lol

Great thanks alot! ... :blink burn 9200...BURN!!

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

Actually, your 9200 isn't THAT bad. I had a GForce2 Ti(9200 equivalent) that would run R:TW at 1024x768 with all high settings w/ Large unit sizes. (But I have a killer processor and RAM..P43.0 @4.2Ghz and Crucial PC4000)

While of COURSE a new graphics card would run R:TW MUCH better, but given the Sempron, I'd say to upgrade the cpu first. 2200's are about 1.8Ghz I believe. That's gonna be your biggest bottleneck. And go with an Athlon if you can.

First get the biggest cpu your motherboard can handle...it'll still be as cheap or cheaper than a new graphics card.
    Then perhaps you could get a new graphics card instead of RAM. All RAM is gonna really do in R:TW is decrease load times because it doesn't have to use as much Virtual Memory.

And don't even think about overclocking that 2200. Semprons don't overclock without MAJOR hardware modding.

Just FYI, I have a HEAVILY modded and overclocked system and it still lags a little above 8000 men. The game engine apparently just starts to break down above 8000 no matter what specs you have. Not to say you can't do 8000, it just starts to become a slideshow above that.

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

Portuguese Rebel's Avatar Civitate

Just FYI, I have a HEAVILY modded and overclocked system and it still lags a little above 8000 men. The game engine apparently just starts to break down above 8000 no matter what specs you have. Not to say you can't do 8000, it just starts to become a slideshow above that
    Yes, it's a game engine limitation... That pissed me off! After seeing the videos with 20 000 men on the field... :angry

"Yes, I rather like this God fellow. He's very theatrical, you know,
    a pestilence here, a plague there... He's so deliciously evil."
    Stewie, Family Guy

Heh, just the other day I tried overclocking and my computer wouldn't start up :shocked , I thought i fried my motherboard but i put in a boot disk and it started up. :grin
    Thanks, im looking for a new cpu now

Does someone know which cpus my motherboard can support or where I can find out?
    I have a ESC KM400-M2

Ok this is what I'm gonna save up for:
    motherboard: ABIT KV8 Pro For Athlon 64 Motherboard , $139.99
    cpu : AMD Athlon 64 3200, $259.99
    video card : ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, $349.95
    RAM : 1024Mb DDR
    How will this combination do?

A bit of advice ... avoid triple posting.
    That looks pretty good ... way too expensive for somebody like me, though.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Same here. Notice I said "Try" to save up for. I'm only fifteen and I don't have a job. I'm looking though.

9800Pro for 350$? That's quite a ripoff if that's in USD

you can find 9800Pros for sub 200$, 350$ is X800Pro territory, lol

@XSLINGER

never buy a 9800pro at that price! 6600gt is cheaper than that and kills 9800XT!!! (by 10-30% margin)
    second : buy a PCIe motherboard will be wiser.....

Clibby's Avatar Praetor Maximus

well if anyone is intersted in going PCIe, but already has a great AGP card then this new motherboard by VAI is what you are looking for. (and no it is not an AGP Express slot)
    http://www.viatech.com/en/products/chipset...eries/pt880pro/

Winner of the Tech Award 2005 at www.TotalRome.com

Under the patronage of apparently nobody since they cant keep their citizenship!!!

Not $350.00 american.....I Am Canadian :grin
    (Thats the price at Future Shop)
    Just an off-topic question....Why do some Americans belive we live in igloos?

probly just messing around with you... or you've met some really... slow ppl

Portuguese Rebel's Avatar Civitate

Just an off-topic question....Why do some Americans belive we live in igloos?
    Hehehe... Hopefully that will be a very tiny percentage over there.

"Yes, I rather like this God fellow. He's very theatrical, you know,
    a pestilence here, a plague there... He's so deliciously evil."
    Stewie, Family Guy

try pricing at Newegg.com some of your parts are more than they need to be an athlon 64 3200+ retail (meaning it comes with an AMD certified heatsink) should run you $190.00
    go PCI-E motherboard $100-$130 range many to chose from
    PCI-E Nvidia 6600GT - sub $200 many to chose from

better perfomance much better price than you were looking at