Thread: Reputation with Nobility

Default Reputation with Nobility

Now, I have been looking for a promising medieval 2 modification that would be able to take down, or at least consider a small (or large, im no modder, i wouldn't know) idea I had.

We all know kings got most of their support and armies from their countless swathes of vassals beneath them, who basically sent their money up the feudal chain untill finally, some portion of it reached the crown...

...PROVIDING the king was in good standing with those nobles. Contrary to popular belief, the king could be defied by his underlings, should he fail to take adequate means to please them. The prime examples of this are France and England. France had a strong absolute monarchy well into the 1700s (I'm considering Louis XIV the last real one) while England's monarchs got considerably weaker and weaker after the signing of the Magna carta and finally, caput promptly after the English Civil War.

These factors are all due to Noble Privileges versus Noble Rights, but that's neither here nor there. What I am proposing is perhaps to have a part of the political game of your mod focus around truly keeping, not only your serfs happy but nobility. The possibilities here are endless. Please your nobility by granting them rights - this could be done simply by prompting you to make a decision whether or not nobility is, for example, allowed to hunt on monastic lands. Yes, and the noble favor goes up and piety goes down. Select no, and the reverse happens. This was executed excellently in an older game called Crusader Kings: Dues Vult. Take into consideration also that you piss off the nobles enough, you may have to deal with partisans or pretenders who claim your throne. Random names for nobility, such as randomly generating noble family names within the event prompts would be awesome as well.

I know this is a whole lot to ask - but while I am dreaming, perhaps include random events that let you actually lay claim to the throne of a rival nation. Such an event would not, say, change your standing with the pope - kind of like a "Go to war for free card" and would be completely random. Perhaps also some sort of electoral system for the HRE? I understand this may actually be an engine limitation (Which makes me sad) but I heard some other mod had somehow achieved it, and was curious if it could be reproduced here as well.

But, I digress. For those modders who have heard me out and read through all this, thanks and I'd love to hear feedback from everyone else as well.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: Reputation with Nobility

Not dreaming for too much, this is something we are already well under way in representing. If you check our preview there is the Civil War script and we have a number of other features which overlap covering all this. Please use the FAQ thread!

Default Re: Reputation with Nobility

ack, as soon as I had finished posting i looked around some more and discovered that stuff, as well as downloaded the preview with a whole bunch of info. Thanks!