Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: AUH: Suggestions and Ideas

Icon5 Re: AUH: Suggestions and Ideas

I didnīt mean to give them money outside the diplomatic way from classical medieval II but just as a gift! Isnīt there a way to make for each factions an " alliance des barons "( donīt know in english ) like in the britannia campaign? I remember that they gave you missions like " kill the faction leader\ heir" or give me that city so I can continue the fight against the english crown et caetera! Maybe you can implement those rebel states only for larger empires >20 cities or something like that? I know this suggestion signifies more work but maybe you can just copy/paste the unit roster and building roster from the original faction to the rebel state and only change their name (spearmen--> rebel spearmen)

Reputation is in medieval II: when you break alliances or attack allies there is a reputation ( maybe the wrong word ) decrease.

Thank you for replying so fast and good bye!

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: AUH: Suggestions and Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by kotaro123 View Post
    I didnīt mean to give them money outside the diplomatic way from classical medieval II but just as a gift! Isnīt there a way to make for each factions an " alliance des barons "( donīt know in english ) like in the britannia campaign? I remember that they gave you missions like " kill the faction leader\ heir" or give me that city so I can continue the fight against the english crown et caetera! Maybe you can implement those rebel states only for larger empires >20 cities or something like that? I know this suggestion signifies more work but maybe you can just copy/paste the unit roster and building roster from the original faction to the rebel state and only change their name (spearmen--> rebel spearmen)

Reputation is in medieval II: when you break alliances or attack allies there is a reputation ( maybe the wrong word ) decrease.

Thank you for replying so fast and good bye!
    Well the Barons Alliance uses what's called a "faction slot". It is in essence its own faction. Medieval 2 only has 31 faction slots of which we're using around 18=20 right now(15 for factions, 1 slave, a few for other purposes). So we can't conceivably spare the faction slots for that sort of thing if we want to use them for other things.

Ok, I understand. It doesnīt matter. Thanks for replying so fast and good luck again

Do you have a date for the next preview of this great mod?

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kotaro123 View Post
    Ok, I understand. It doesnīt matter. Thanks for replying so fast and good luck again

Do you have a date for the next preview of this great mod?
    Is soon a date?

We're compiling the next preview, but there's work yet to be done on it. It will be about 5x larger than the previous previews I'd say.

Oh my god! Thatīs great!

You canīt make a special bribe option like bribe an assassin of a neutral faction totry to kill one of your enemyīs general or other person to declare a war between them ?Would be *** tricky!

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Is soon a date?

We're compiling the next preview, but there's work yet to be done on it. It will be about 5x larger than the previous previews I'd say.

May God bless you and your work my friend

So it will be more than one faction previewed?

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by James the Red View Post
    May God bless you and your work my friend

So it will be more than one faction previewed?
    Nope, but there will be a lot more shown for the faction we preview. After all in the Japan previews, which we even split into two, we only showed about 6 units or so and a couple of external systems with some history. The next one will be much larger and delve into all aspects of the faction including the completed unit roster and map area.

Hmmm what faction will we might be seeing?!?!

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcry View Post
    Hmmm what faction will we might be seeing?!?!
    You might be seeing one of these:

Champa
    Dai Viet
    Dali
    Goryeo
    Jin
    Khitans
    Khmer
    Minamoto
    Mongols
    Pagan
    Song
    Taira
    Tibet
    Xi Xia

Yes, I just listed every faction.

Imma guess Song, cause its seems to have more work on it done! Can't wait to see Jin and the Mongols however. Too bad I want to play all the factions, they all kick ass!

Champa
    Dai Viet
    Dali
    Goryeo
    Jin
    Khitans
    Khmer
    Minamoto
    Mongols
    Pagan
    Song
    Taira
    Tibet
    Xi Xia
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...sia_1025ad.jpg

hey, why you don't mod Srivijayan Empires, Malay, Pegu, Thaton and Mon kingdom ( in that time, don't have Thailand, but have two Mon kingdoms). Just kidding, I know only with these faction, we have to enough to tired.

In this mod, you Chinese is the most miserableness because you have to find data about 6 faction ( or 7 - Mongol). I wish you can go through out that "hell of historical papers". No matter what, I wish you can made these perish kingdoms ( Xi Xia, Dali,...) become real in game. Well, I play the Mongol in Medieval 2, and see they made Mongol pleasan more Muslim than original Mongol.
    Last edited by yevon; July 08, 2009 at 09:07 AM.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by yevon View Post

hey, why you don't mod Srivijayan Empires, Malay, Pegu, Thaton and Mon kingdom ( in that time, don't have Thailand, but have two Mon kingdoms). Just kidding, I know only with these faction, we have to enough to tired.

In this mod, you Chinese is the most miserableness because you have to find data about 6 faction ( or 7 - Mongol). I wish you can go through out that "hell of paper about history". No matter what, I wish you can made these perish kingdoms ( Xi Xia, Dali,...) become real in game. Well, I play the Mongol in Medieval 2, and see they made Mongol pleasan more Muslim than original Mongol.
    Well for one that map is about 165 years before our timeframe.

There was likely a small Thai kingdom between Pagan and Khmer during our timeframe, but it wouldn't be featured prominently for many years later. As for Srivijaya/Kediri, we don't include indonesia on the map so they aren't viable. Indonesia would be a pain for the AI to maneuver through, so those AI nations would likely not do anything and it'd just be easy pickings for the player. We're likely going to have enough trouble already trying to induce the Japanese faction that wins the battle for Japan to attack the mainland.

<3 AL

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Nope, but there will be a lot more shown for the faction we preview. After all in the Japan previews, which we even split into two, we only showed about 6 units or so and a couple of external systems with some history. The next one will be much larger and delve into all aspects of the faction including the completed unit roster and map area.
    I hope the next preview is the Song!
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

The Song Dynasty , Dai Viet , Mongols will have e execution square to cut people's head to raise public order .
    The Mongols are famous with their horse , our Vietnamese idiom have this : " The grass can't grow after the mongols horse swept through " it means thier horse are so powerful and there are so many of them .
    Dai Viet Army will have the ability to ambush and hide in the campaign and battle map and have the ability to attack during the night and some type of army that have the special ability to shout anh make the enemy army confused and rout . When attacking a settlement or something you guys call in this time period , they gather some wood and wet hays . They covers the flat wood panels with wet hays above and each panels is carried by 30 -> 40 men and inside there is a wood to open the gate .
    About the Song Dynasty i have no idea but in think that they trade alot of stuff with the Dai Viet .

Shopperkimpy's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by yevon View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_states_of_Thailand

Lavo kingdom the 7th century–1388
    The Kingdom of Lavo was a political entity on the left bank of the Chao Phraya River in the Upper Chao Phraya valley from the end of Dvaravati civilization, around the 7th century, until 1388. The original center of Lavo civilization was Lavo itself, or modern Lopburi, but the capital shifted southward to Ayodhaya around 11th century, where it remained and became the Ayutthaya kingdom, according to recent historical analysis.

Dvaravati Kingdom 6th to the 11th centuries
    The Dvaravati kingdom existed from the 6th to the 11th centuries. The Kingdom was then absorbed by the growing Lavo and Subharnaburi kingdoms. The people of the kingdom used the ancient Mon language, but whether they were ethnically Mon is unknown. There is evidence that this kingdom may have had more than one race, including Malays and Khmer. The theory of Thai migration into Dvaravati has been refuted and is now known to have happened much later.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Haripunchai Kingdom 661 - 1292
    Hariphunchai (or Haribhunjaya)(Pali: Haripunjaya) was a Mon kingdom in the north of present Thailand in the centuries before the Thais moved into the area. Its capital was at Lamphun, which at the time was also called Hariphunchai. In 1292 the city was besieged and captured by the Thai kingdom of Lanna.

im wondering what the map for AUH will look like

like borders of provinces and stuff.

i think the borders should be made more realistic than the vanilla maps and such.

i noticed that the borders rarely take geography into consideration such as rivers, mountain ranges and so on.
    also, there are resources to make sure that the provinces look as accurate as possible.

just a thought, since the borders really piss me off in the vanilla maps.

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

Quote Originally Posted by StirFriedRice View Post
    im wondering what the map for AUH will look like

like borders of provinces and stuff.

i think the borders should be made more realistic than the vanilla maps and such.

i noticed that the borders rarely take geography into consideration such as rivers, mountain ranges and so on.
    also, there are resources to make sure that the provinces look as accurate as possible.

just a thought, since the borders really piss me off in the vanilla maps.
    Check this thread for a map and provinces preview.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=218008
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

As he left to finish the mod?
    contest please

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Check this thread for a map and provinces preview.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=218008
    That is the current map, maybe not exactly, that was uploaded quite some time ago, but roughly. Since then B. Ward has been smoothing it and fixing some of the errors, still lots of pathing to do, resource adding, climate revamping, etc. The map is playable with all regions unless we decide to add any others, but 'playable' is defined rather loosely in this sense, it's a WIP that will take some time due to its size.

@ GeRoS: Not sure what you mean.

@ StirFriedRice: Could you elaborate on what you mean by realistic borders? Do you mean like where people would have historically drawn borders based on geographic obstacles, such as perhaps the futility of laying claim to land on the other side of a large mountain range? If so, then that's definitely something we'll be trying to take into consideration. We've disabled visible borders on our map though, because we feel it looks kind of ugly, and the concept of "regions" is a contrived one. The Song may have administrative districts, but they're unlikely to maintain the same geographical or political bounds if parts or whole are conquered. We'll do the best we can, but it's really the cities and the terrain that matter, less so than exactly where the borders are drawn.