Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: AUH: Suggestions and Ideas

Default Re: AUH: Suggestions and Ideas

Hello!
    First of all good luck with your project, guys!
    You are doing an amazing work here and a beautiful conversion to medieval asian world.
    Also I love the idea of mongol invasion, will they be a force in this part of the world ?
    I mean, they will they a bit superior with their troops, organization, culture, moral ?
    Genghis Khan will have to unite the mongolian tribes before starting expending in the South and East ? Perhaps some of mongolian tribes could be represented by regions controled by rebels ?

Oh my God, this mod is like a dream come true.

Good luck!

When Mongol was inviding the Jin, Song was Mongol's allies. It's key reason that Mongol can conquer the Jin.

Song is a Han chinese dynasty, hence if Song try to recover their land which was conquered by nomads,like Jin((Jurchens),Yuan(Mongol),Xi Xia(tangut). There should be some "patriotic army" happen and help Song.
    Who Dares Win

I get a idea. You know there is area which chinese call it " western area", silk road have to pass this area, that mean if any country can control all of "western area", then they can get big trade bounes for their every turn's income.
    Who Dares Win

Make the Mekong river and several of its main branches navigable because many invasions (both internal and external) were launched using those water ways. Other than that, It gives DaiViet, Dali and the Khmer empire a water way to conduct trade, possibly adding complexity diplomacy within the areas. With a in-game trading water lane (a historical one actually) like that, maybe there should be a set of buildings and AOR troops attaching to the settlements in the region.

STELLover's Avatar Senator

I was thinking- maybe we could implement the water system from the Dominion of the Sword- For example, China had 5 major rivers emptying to the East Sea and South China Sea, as well as thousands of tributaries- we could make boats travel inland in the major Rivers of China~

question is, is it possible, and how much work/scripting will it take?

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Scripting? Navigable rivers are just sea tiles in the heights map as opposed to using the rivers color in the features map. That's it really, it isn't complicated in the slightest, though it creates a lot more coasts(which are a pain to smooth), and the AI will have a fit if there's to much water to traverse.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Yeah, not a good idea.

-_- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who Dares Win

Yh The AI doesnt even use it if im right

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Huh, if that is the case, better not do it..

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

But in that time, lots of battle happened in the that kind of river or lake......
    Who Dares Win

Don't do navigable rivers, they would just complicate the game already, and the AI is too stupid to take advantage of them.

Don Archeau's Avatar Libertus

Are this mods incorporate southeast asia region too??
    cause mongol did actually to invade java.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Don Archeau View Post
    Are this mods incorporate southeast asia region too??
    cause mongol did actually to invade java.
    If by southeast asia you mean Indonesia, then no. I'm aware of Srivijaya and Kediri(as well as 'Luwu'), but even if we were to have expanded the map further south, there would be more problems than solutions.

1) It would shrink the rest of the map more

2) There is very little historical evidence about the culture of the island nations at the time of the Mongol invasions. Their armies would end up being stereotypical tribal entities and the economic and cultural systems would either have to be generic or notably wrong.

3) The AI fails miserably to work with island nations. Just look at the England/Scotland scenario in Vanilla. And that is one big island with a very small channel to the mainland. Then consider the situation of the two indonesian nations, where even the cities(if they can be called that) on separate islands of their own empire would confuse the AI to no end.

However, it is possible that we will include a Kediri invasion force or similar as a challenge to a player of an indochinese faction at some point during the campaign,

Will the Ryukyu Islands be on the map as individual provinces? If so, Will they be as an independent faction(The Ryukyu Kingdom)? Will the same apply with the Ainu in Hokkaido? I have spent the last few hours doing research on both of these peoples in case you decide to include them. Just PM me if interested, if not then rely to the above questions, please.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherCookie View Post
    Will the Ryukyu Islands be on the map as individual provinces? If so, Will they be as an independent faction(The Ryukyu Kingdom)? Will the same apply with the Ainu in Hokkaido? I have spent the last few hours doing research on both of these peoples in case you decide to include them. Just PM me if interested, if not then rely to the above questions, please.
    Ryukyu isn't currently on the map, but it's possible it will be included. Hokkaido is on the map. Neither is an independent faction but there could be room for a mercenary/AOR unit native to the region.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Ryukyu isn't currently on the map, but it's possible it will be included. Hokkaido is on the map. Neither is an independent faction but there could be room for a mercenary/AOR unit native to the region.
    YES! *makes victory sign with arm*

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

I fully support putting Ryukyu on the map.

The idea of this mod looks really terrific. However, Genji and Heike weren't simply the only sides in the conflict. I suggest, you would reconsider creating additional factions. I.e. there were at least three Genji factions significant (Yoritomo's in Kanto area, Takedas in Kai and Kiso Yoshinaka in Shinano, not to mention Shiragi Genji in Omi and others scattered through the country), and no they weren't unified! The two northern provinces (Dewa and Mutsu) were occupied by Oshufujiwara family, and that was a very reach faction, with their base in Hiraizumi (which was probably as big as Kyoto at the time).
    Also, it's a minor feature, but the Heike weren't actually unified as well, as there emerged so called Komatsu family (descendants of Shigemori) who opposed the plan of fighting with Genji and seemed to ally with Goshirakawa ex-emperor. You may think about creating the temples faction, because Enryakuji, Onjoji, Kofukuji and Kumano played actually crucial role in Gempei war...
    Well, this is only my suggestion and I know it is not easy to create a mod which would be 100% real, but it would be a really challenging play if SOME of the points I wrote would be taken into consideration.
    (Another hint: reexamine the names of settlements, for example the city in northern Kyushu is called Dazaifu and the main center in Mutsu province was Hiraizumi)