Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: AUH: Suggestions and Ideas

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: AUH: Suggestions and Ideas

No not yet, at this moment we're still working on Strat Map Models.

It seems the method of coding and replacing battlemap models into M2TW is still to be perfected, therefore we're first concentrating on Strat Map Models, but no worries in the future we will start modeling Battlemap Models as well

Will you release whatever you find out regarding Strategy-map models modding?

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Hmmm Yelü could answer that better than me, all I do is model a building in 3dsmax, send it to him and he makes the finishing touches by texturing and coding it ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcry View Post
    Another Idea I have is that well some areas should be more prone to rebellion than otehrs if conquered by a certain faction. For example Southern China should be naturally rebellious to any invaders that are not Chinese. ( Jin and Song) Yunnan and the steppe should be rebellious to all factions that are not tied either to Yunnan ( Dali) or the steppe ( Kara Khitai, Xi Xia, Mongols). Tibet should also be extremely difficult to conquer as historically the Mongols or other invaders barely managed to make actual headway in there due to problems of logistics.
    I'm not sure how you would achieve this, aside from builds that are set to spawn by scripts upon conquest by said faction. If it's possible though, it sounds like a great idea!

Why not make a questions thread? Aside from the official Q&A, that is. That'd help keep this thread easier to peruse for the Developers.

Edit: Nevermind, I just can't read, my bad.
    Last edited by Aerrol; February 10, 2009 at 08:20 PM.

H.r.E.'s Avatar Ducenarius

do samurais use gunpowderweapons to fire with or do they just use bows? excuse my stupidness

bows, gunpowder was not yet introduced.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Ah damn, so much for our Brave Teppġ Samurai/Ashigaru

Lol don't worry, samurai advancing under a hail of arrows will be much more exciting!

As someone said before me Tibet should be hard to conquer. Maybe make it so there only are a few access points and these are protected by forts/castles?

Support your mods ^ | Vacuus Lux Lucis 2d artist | my workshop

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I've got a nice idea from Europa Universalis!

At some random point a event will come where there will be asked to the player if they agreed that peasants or the subjects of a random conquered country show have the right to give their opinion. If the player says 'yes' then he will lose 300 florins (Depends on how strong the country is and how serious the subject are) and he'll lose reputation but if he says 'no' a rebel army will appear besieging the closest village/city/etc. and will try to besiege the next closest city/village/etc.
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Also, will you use the concept Mandate of Heaven in your mod?

Support your mods ^ | Vacuus Lux Lucis 2d artist | my workshop

Yeah, could the Mandate of heaven idea be possibly tied to how many core Chinese provinces you control, or whether or not you have defeated the Song dynasty?

For the Mongols, why not be like the Teutonic Knights but with a family tree. Play like regular, conquer, marriage, birth and come of age, rinse and repeat. When the Khan dies, the kuriltai will take place, and elect the most capable of all the family members as Khan instantly. Even when all members, or most important ones, do gather, it is always the strongest, militarily and with the most allies, win the election. So, like the Teutonic campaign, even though you have a heir, he will not be the next Khan if he is not the strongest and influential stat wise.
    Riddle me this, riddle me that:
    Who was my first commander?
    How many of me are active right now?
    And who drank a Delacourt '27 when received the commandership of me?

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

Will Hokkaido and Sakhalin be on the map?

Quote Originally Posted by James the Red View Post
    Will Hokkaido and Sakhalin be on the map?
    Yes.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

Does that mean the Ainu will be in as rebels and local mercs?
    I know some things about them, like they used Bows and clubs when they went to battle, maybe spears.

What are the borders, How far North, South, East and West?

Also, What about the Ming Dynasty, shouldn't it be a kind of imergant faction if Song dynasty falls earlier.

And did the Koreans have the Hwacha at this point, it would be awsome if they did, and if they diddnt, can it still be a unit available in costum battles for fun rather than realism?

Also, I noticed that there is a lot of factions, ive heared that having too much work can kill a developing mod, so Will the first release only have the major factions or are you doing all at once?
    Last edited by James the Red; March 03, 2009 at 05:32 PM.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Does that mean the Ainu will be in as rebels and local mercs?
    I know some things about them, like they used Bows and clubs when they went to battle, maybe spears.
    Probably.

What are the borders, How far North, South, East and West?
    Borders of what? The map? You should be able to see the image of the map in this thread.

Also, What about the Ming Dynasty, shouldn't it be a kind of imergant faction if Song dynasty falls earlier.
    Unlikely we will have conditional emergent factions, it just isn't built into the engine properly and we're more concerned with out primary factions currently.

And did the Koreans have the Hwacha at this point, it would be awsome if they did, and if they diddnt, can it still be a unit available in costum battles for fun rather than realism?
    They didn't have it yet. As for including it for the lulz, maybe, but engine modeling(and more importantly animating) is hard to do. If stefaneke gets bored some time and wants to make one we'd probably put it in Custom, but animating it is another matter entirely(not to mention the projectiles).

Also, I noticed that there is a lot of factions, ive heared that having too much work can kill a developing mod, so Will the first release only have the major factions or are you doing all at once?
    That will be a production decision if we find that we have enough work to release an abridged mod, we will likely do so. Some ideas have been thrown around in this regard, one of which is likely and others plausible, but in this event it will likely be a surprise for mod fans as opposed to any information being released about such an initiative in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    They didn't have it yet. As for including it for the lulz, maybe, but engine modeling(and more importantly animating) is hard to do. If stefaneke gets bored some time and wants to make one we'd probably put it in Custom, but animating it is another matter entirely(not to mention the projectiles).
    Well, if it's just a funsies unit, couldn't you just modify the ribaults?

Marcion's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Probably.
    That will be a production decision if we find that we have enough work to release an abridged mod, we will likely do so. Some ideas have been thrown around in this regard, one of which is likely and others plausible, but in this event it will likely be a surprise for mod fans as opposed to any information being released about such an initiative in advance.
    Have you considered an incremental release, like what RTR did (are doing). Like, say getting all of Japan 100% done, and feature complete, release that, then move on from there, and introduce steadily more content in later installments. This method is pretty popular in real software development, and is a good way to keep your team from getting too bogged down, while giving the fans something to get excited about.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Marcion View Post
    Have you considered an incremental release, like what RTR did (are doing). Like, say getting all of Japan 100% done, and feature complete, release that, then move on from there, and introduce steadily more content in later installments. This method is pretty popular in real software development, and is a good way to keep your team from getting too bogged down, while giving the fans something to get excited about.
    Considered, yes. As I've said, we will do what's best for production releases, but our artists like branching out, so we haven't been approaching it in quite so methodical of a manner(currently we have two factions developing and some mercs/buildings). If at some point we feel a fitting scenario can be crafted if we focus work in a few areas for a time, then we are likely to do so.