Thread: AUH: Official Q&A and FAQ

Default Re: AUH: Official Q&A and FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Babygod22 View Post
    Panda Cavalry??? wow I never knew that kind of cavalry existed
    oh deary me....

Meng's Avatar Civis

Hi there, iam new and i really love this mod but i have some questions:

-If i have my Medieval 2 total war game on steam can i download this mod ?
    -If we take tibetans or mongols can we build docks >< iam just wondering cause they do not begin with coasts.
    -The requirement for the mod is the same than medieval 2 total war ?
    -Can we play online with this mod ?
    -If i download this mod can i still play the main and the kingdom campaigns medieval 2 ?

ok i know the mod is not finished yet, but this is just basic questions i really need to know ^^

Thanks for everyone here who are creating and helping to the creation of a great mod !
    Last edited by Meng; June 30, 2010 at 09:11 AM.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post
    Hi there, iam new and i really love this mod but i have some questions:

-If i have my Medieval 2 total war game on steam can i download this mod ?
    -If we take tibetans or mongols can we build docks >< iam just wondering cause they do not begin with coasts.
    -The requirement for the mod is the same than medieval 2 total war ?
    -Can we play online with this mod ?
    -If i download this mod can i still play the main and the kingdom campaigns medieval 2 ?

ok i know the mod is not finished yet, but this is just basic questions i really need to know ^^

Thanks for everyone here who are creating and helping to the creation of a great mod !
    - It should be Steam compatible, but I don't have the Steam version so any kinks with that will be worked out in testing.
    - All nations should have access to shipbuilding. In some cases it may be a matter of commandeering local customs where a seafaring culture is not prevalent. This hasn't been thought of much yet.
    - Should be the same as M2 and Kingdoms. If it has other requirements it will be freely available programs such as a programming redistributable and we'd painstakingly walk through the necessary steps to install that if it were used.
    - That's unclear. I see no reason why not but the gameplay experience as a whole may not work as well with multiple 'player' factions in a hotseat, so that'll be something we'd need to address later on.
    - Yeah, a distributed installer won't overwrite core files, that much is certain. There are some Steam specific tools which can be used to include a mod in the Steam launcher as I recall.

All of the above is subject to change and is speculative since we're not currently at such a point.

Hello, this is actually my first time posting on this forum. I have been a total war fan for a good amount time now, ever since Rome was released. Now back to the question, I was wondering how far are you guys off on this Mods as I have been waiting forever for a decent East Asia total war series to come out. Plus, keep up the good work on making this effort works as I have saw the trailer and it is clearly awesome.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by localsoxfan View Post
    Hello, this is actually my first time posting on this forum. I have been a total war fan for a good amount time now, ever since Rome was released. Now back to the question, I was wondering how far are you guys off on this Mods as I have been waiting forever for a decent East Asia total war series to come out. Plus, keep up the good work on making this effort works as I have saw the trailer and it is clearly awesome.
    Hard to say. We're working to get content out sooner than later, but that doesn't translate into short time periods due to very extensive commitments outside of modding, especially school/work/family, and a relative sparsity of developers with skills outside the research-related disciplines.

Meng's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    - It should be Steam compatible, but I don't have the Steam version so any kinks with that will be worked out in testing.
    - All nations should have access to shipbuilding. In some cases it may be a matter of commandeering local customs where a seafaring culture is not prevalent. This hasn't been thought of much yet.
    - Should be the same as M2 and Kingdoms. If it has other requirements it will be freely available programs such as a programming redistributable and we'd painstakingly walk through the necessary steps to install that if it were used.
    - That's unclear. I see no reason why not but the gameplay experience as a whole may not work as well with multiple 'player' factions in a hotseat, so that'll be something we'd need to address later on.
    - Yeah, a distributed installer won't overwrite core files, that much is certain. There are some Steam specific tools which can be used to include a mod in the Steam launcher as I recall.

All of the above is subject to change and is speculative since we're not currently at such a point.

Thank you for answering me Augustus ! ^^

does this mod have an Area of Recruitment system? like say if Japan conquers say Korea or parts of China, will the Korean/Chinese provinces still produce Korean/Chinese units? or will they have to build Japanese buildings and recruit Japanese units in the conquered territories? so I'm basically asking if there could be Samurai working for the Song Dynasty, or Chinese pikemen working for Japan, etc. sorry if this question was answered before, I looked to see if it was, but I still may have missed it, so I apologize if I did. also, what about gunpowder units? will there be any gun wielding units in this game? if so, who will have them?

and lastly, will there be a Mongol horde invasion of the map? or will they just head west? or no invasion at all? I mean like the huge sudden appearance of several battle toughened stacks like there was in the vanilla M2? again, I apologize if I'm asking questions that were already answered

I know this was discussed on page 1 and they said it was a strict might. I'm not asking for them to be used but was curios are shadow factions the same as scripted passive rebels? Or is there a difference. Earlier versions of Third Age had rebels that would attack and besiege and Thera has the same but they never referred to them as shadow factions. So are the two the same, or different?

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by BloodnSteel View Post
    does this mod have an Area of Recruitment system? like say if Japan conquers say Korea or parts of China, will the Korean/Chinese provinces still produce Korean/Chinese units? or will they have to build Japanese buildings and recruit Japanese units in the conquered territories? so I'm basically asking if there could be Samurai working for the Song Dynasty, or Chinese pikemen working for Japan, etc. sorry if this question was answered before, I looked to see if it was, but I still may have missed it, so I apologize if I did.
    Some form of AOR system will be included. Not having some form of it has never been considered a viable recruitment system. It may or may not look exactly like other traditional AORs, we've gone through like 3 different envisioned systems on it already and I still need to do more testing before I decide what's the most practical and realistic.

also, what about gunpowder units? will there be any gun wielding units in this game? if so, who will have them?
    If they have gun units at our start date then yeah. Song preview features two or three units with early 'guns' and one gun-like siege engine of sorts.

and lastly, will there be a Mongol horde invasion of the map? or will they just head west? or no invasion at all? I mean like the huge sudden appearance of several battle toughened stacks like there was in the vanilla M2? again, I apologize if I'm asking questions that were already answered
    Not really decided, we might devise a few different possibilities and let the player decide at game start. Our game starts at around the birth of Genghis, so historically the Mongols would not have united the tribes or invaded for quite a number of years. Quite a bit less exciting if we started the AI off with their position in our start date though, since it'd probably botch it royally. Most likely we'll let spawned invasions be toggled, so the player can decide if they want just a Mongol faction or if they want to defend against a Mongol onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    I know this was discussed on page 1 and they said it was a strict might. I'm not asking for them to be used but was curios are shadow factions the same as scripted passive rebels? Or is there a difference. Earlier versions of Third Age had rebels that would attack and besiege and Thera has the same but they never referred to them as shadow factions. So are the two the same, or different?
    Shadow factions in the game sense are factions which 'shadow' a full faction, such as the Baron's Alliance in Kingdoms Brittania. These factions use a faction slot and basically spawn in various places whenever certain rebellion triggers are met.

If we've mentioned including shadow factions in AUH, it was probably in reference to a similar system I tentatively dubbed 'challenge' factions. This is still a raw system I haven't been able to flesh out much. Basically though a challenge faction isn't a rebel and isn't a shadow faction, it'd be a regular faction slot used in such a way that we can script it to combat the player. More information will be forthcoming down the road if the system is pursued to fruition, in which case we'd probably do some sort of preview and explain it to other modders. That's all if it is workable.

i saw the movie 'Hero' a few days ago on TV, and there was this saying at the end "All Under Heaven".

is this mod's name absed on that ?

Ite.

Thanks for the fast response

Q: When all under heaven mod was released that?

Kiam's Avatar Miles

When it's ready and im pretty sure you can't get a more precise answer than that
    My new drive...motivation and experience in my own way....you need a WHY to keep going!
    Though time don't last...though people do! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNQhuFL6CWg

WHEN ANY MOD AUH release?Q:WhEN Any mod AUH release?
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 25, 2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: double post

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

@THUYNAMEMPIRE

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Người ta trả lời ngay phía trên rồi kìa

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Are AUH modders thinking about partial releases, too? Considering how many previews we have seen I guess (and I mean guess) you could put the mod together as far as factions go... Unless the rest of the mod is far from finished, naturally.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Space Voyager View Post
    Are AUH modders thinking about partial releases, too? Considering how many previews we have seen I guess (and I mean guess) you could put the mod together as far as factions go... Unless the rest of the mod is far from finished, naturally.
    Always considering. Sometimes planning. As of yet not being able to.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

I should of asked here rather than the main board, do you need beta testers for the online custom battles because I would like to volenteer if there is room?

There will be the ability to play custom battles, am I correct in making that assumption?
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

khamulrulz's Avatar Libertus

Hey guys, just a question. I saw on the information thread, that the ghorids are no longer in the mod (good choice, as they never made it this far east), and that sena and srivijaya are. I understand that earlier in the thread, you were opposed to expanding westward (i don't think any westward expansion is needed to include sena - they can slot in west of pagan) and southward to accommodate these factions because of a lack of information.

Has this situation changed? will the inclusion of srivijaya mean that kediri will be included as well? from a personal standpoint, i think that including srivijaya (and possibly kediri) is a good choice if there is enough reliable information, because controlling the straits of malacca was very important for trade in southeast asia, and indeed those two kingdoms profited from the spice route to and from india and the middle east.
    Last edited by khamulrulz; September 22, 2010 at 07:35 AM.