Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: AUH: Official Q&A and FAQ

Default Re: AUH: Official Q&A and FAQ

Sorry for repost this question from DaiViet topic:

We're trying to gather information about Dai Viet's Kings, Heroes, Generals, Advisors, Captains in Ly-Tran. So could you guys tell us what kind of information is relevant for one character, and at least how many characters are required for 100 yrs. It's will be even better if you could describe clearly how you will deal with historical characters problem in this mod. This will help to determine the research and bring the mod closer to history.

Sometimes, we're confused about what can be reflected in the game and what can't. For example, we don't know whether the War Buffalo can run amok to the enemy and then explode? And Van Mieu, the Vietnamese first university, built in 1070 and used to train Mandarins for Imperial Court, have any role in the Mod's Building System? As a result, we withdrew some really interesting stuffs to avoid overloading you guys. What a pity!!!

Can you help to solve this point? Do you want a fully available history facts (more amazing units and buildings) or just some selected by my Vietnamese friends?

Thank you.
    Last edited by anhquang; May 18, 2009 at 04:49 PM.

About the buffaloes, I said that they can't run amok then explode.
    About Van Mieu, I have just answer you in our topic.
    About the generals: ok this is the point. I think like Kingdoms, most of generals will appear ramdomly, with ability unknowable beforehand. But maybe some special generals, like Tran Hung Dao, or Tran Thu Do, may appear on time even. Like William Wallace or Richard Lionheart in Kingdoms total war. So we only find out clearly about them, other generals only list their name.

@ modders: corrected if i were wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Yelü Dashi View Post
    No, they will all have horns and ride unicorns.

Please do post what you think a realisitic Mongol roster would look like
    Well, I don't exactly have a roster, but, I do know a few things about the mongol army that I would like to see in the mod. First off, the Mongols had no infantry until they conquered China, and those infantry were not Mongols, they were Chinese auxiliaries. Though the mongols did sometimes dismount and fight on the ground, they did not have a unit of mongol men that always fought dismounted. Second, the mongols had no siege weapons at all until they took china. I would also like to say what weapons they fought with. They had two bows and three quivers of arrows. They also had a lance with a sickle shaped hook behind the point of the lance with which an enemy rider could be pulled off his horse. It would also be great if you could put the following equipment on the model for their cavalry, as though they did not use these things in battle, they did carry them on their horses: an axe, a leather bag, a lasso made form horsehair, a sharpening stone for arrowheads, a kettle, and a whip stock to strike a horse's back legs.

Oh, and how will the Yasa be represented in the mod?
    Last edited by NLegari; May 29, 2009 at 10:20 AM.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

Question: Is garrison script available in this mod or not?I really want to know that
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

how will you guys determine unit stat? Is there a standard set for this?I suggest the "Real Combat project by PointBlank" in case you've not one. Seriously there has to be some standards if you want balanced gameplay.

I am very sorry, but mods can help me delete this my post ???? I know mine post in wrong topic, but I don't know how to delete it.
    Last edited by yevon; June 11, 2009 at 05:24 AM.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by NLegari View Post
    That's a rather complex question. Obviously some things prescribed by the Yassa will be impossible to represent within the game(vassals holding honorary titles, peace without submission, tumen system, etc.), while others may make it into the game in some form(great hunt held every winter, every man must join the army, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by vietanh797 View Post
    Question: Is garrison script available in this mod or not?I really want to know that
    We will have a multi-faceted garrison script. The AI will have a garrison script similar to what you see with Tsarsies script for SS. The player will also have a garrison script but a more stringent one based on policies set for the faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor27 View Post
    how will you guys determine unit stat? Is there a standard set for this?I suggest the "Real Combat project by PointBlank" in case you've not one. Seriously there has to be some standards if you want balanced gameplay.
    We will bring in a user who has proven their ability to dictate unit stat balance later on in development. At this point it would be counterproductive to balance without enough to balance in respect to.

any progress info?

Q: Will you change the battle map models for the cities/castles?
    A: Yes, eventually. At current, KnightErrant and Argantonio are still progressing on the tools to more easily edit these aspects of the game. We have plenty to do in the meantime, so we're letting them work their magic into more refined versions.
    Non settlement-tiles can have custom battle maps , if this is interesting. I know you probably know this , but i just wanted to say .

And boy , if only i were good in 2d-Art , i'd join I wanted to make a mod like this for ages

Quote Originally Posted by NLegari View Post
    Well, I don't exactly have a roster, but, I do know a few things about the mongol army that I would like to see in the mod. First off, the Mongols had no infantry until they conquered China, and those infantry were not Mongols, they were Chinese auxiliaries. Though the mongols did sometimes dismount and fight on the ground, they did not have a unit of mongol men that always fought dismounted. Second, the mongols had no siege weapons at all until they took china. I would also like to say what weapons they fought with. They had two bows and three quivers of arrows. They also had a lance with a sickle shaped hook behind the point of the lance with which an enemy rider could be pulled off his horse. It would also be great if you could put the following equipment on the model for their cavalry, as though they did not use these things in battle, they did carry them on their horses: an axe, a leather bag, a lasso made form horsehair, a sharpening stone for arrowheads, a kettle, and a whip stock to strike a horse's back legs.

Well in order to incorporate the siege aspect of gameplay their needs to be a dismounted Mongol unit. As you probably already know the Mongols were ferocious warriors at several sieges including Urgench, Ortrar, Samarqand, Xiangyang etc. In order to represent this a unit that will be dismounted will most likely need to be made. Unfortunately unlike in MTW1 where a unit could dismount prior to battle, the option is not there. So it would simply be quite easy to explain the Mongol style of fighting in the text descriptions in order to clear up any confusion or discrepencies that way

Fourth mod I've seen this evening (where have I been, under a rock?) that looks utterly incredible. Keep up the amazing work!

u_have_krabs's Avatar Civis

Didn't know where to post, but does this mod need anymore modelers. Here is a unit I have done for a different mod.

Quote Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
    Didn't know where to post, but does this mod need anymore modelers. Here is a unit I have done for a different mod.

I think we still need some good modellers. You should pm Augustus Lucifer or Yelü Dashi.

Double A's Avatar person man

Can you guys post a picture of one of the navigational rivers? I'm really curious on how they work besides it being the sea.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Can you guys post a picture of one of the navigational rivers? I'm really curious on how they work besides it being the sea.
    There isn't much to show with navigable rivers. As you say they are essentially sea tiles rather than overlay river features. Boats can pass through them and ports can be located on them as such, and they connect to the sea through somewhat of a chokepoint. There's inherent issues with them as well, such as land passage(and getting the AI to use it), which will need to be resolved.

This looks like a GREAT mod, I was wondering if you guys have an alpha/beta version out, or when is the official mod going to be released, I'm quite excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    There's a tutorial about navigational rivers . Shots can be found there

Default Special Units

Are the Kara Khitai or Xi Xia going to have special syringe-wielding units?

I realize this is probably highly inappropriate, but couldn't resist.

Patrician Citizen

Merged into FAQ. And the answer is no, not that I'm aware of.

Default Re: Special Units

Quote Originally Posted by Markgraf von Schellenberg View Post
    Are the Kara Khitai or Xi Xia going to have special syringe-wielding units?

I realize this is probably highly inappropriate, but couldn't resist.
    Explain yourself man ! The Khitans & Tanguts are smack addicts ? I must have missed that journal article ....