Interesting move for the ''only democracy in the middle east''. What do we think about this? Good for democracy? Justified? True motives behind it?
Considering they tried this 2 years ago too....
Taking for a moment the false allegation that these parties ''support terrorism, and don't recognise Israel''.....
The arguments that in a democratic society, and the ''only democracy in the middle east'', it is justified to ban a party from running because they do not recognise the current make up of the state is absolutley absurd and completely stupid.
Britain is a Capitalist Democratic Christian English speaking Kingdom with no separation of Church and State.
therefore under this crappy logic, then anyone who disagrees with that should be banned, The following Parties should be banned from elections;
- Liberal Democrats - 3rd largest party - Wants to disenfranchise the Church of England, I.e. Secularism.
- Scottish National Party - 2nd largest party in Scotland - does not recognise the United Kingdom and aims to destroy it
- Welsh - 2nd largest party in Wales - Want official recognition of Welsh above/similar to English constitutionally.
- Irish Republicans - 2nd largest party in Northern Ireland - They neither recognise Britain, the Union, or the Queen.
- Socialist Parties - Do not want capitalism.
- Republican Party - Do not want a Queen.
- Labour Party - Largest Party in the UK, ruling party - Do not like democracy or human rights much
- UKIP - 3rd largest EU party - Do not recognise the EU, and do not want to be European
Absolutely pathetic argument for the suspension and bastardisation of ''the only democracy in the middle east'', and to be honest plain proof that we have certain principles which no one can break, until Israel breaks those principles in which case it is OK I.e. this party ban, nuclear weapons, occupation, etc. 1 rule for earth, another rule for the US + Israel.
Anyway that whole argument all moot, because the Parties in question do recognise Israel and do not support terrorism. I posted an article showing what names you are called for not supported the Gazan offensive, even if your Jewish, you are called a terrorist and traitor. This is merely right wing fanatical religious extremist racist parties wanting Arabs out of Parliament and out of the democratic process. They are bitter the Arab parties have chosen to side with their Arab brethren then with the Israeli government, and for them opposing a mess of a war. In addition this has been tried before under exactly the same pretext, under surprise surprise, the Lebanese war, where the same parties did not support the massacre of fellow Arabs.
Is it a coincidence, the motion was put forward by the same parties whose policy it is to ban Arabs from voting all together?