Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV Europa Released

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: DLV Europa Released

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar109 View Post
    I don't think it's a Vista exclusive issue because there has been quite a few people on XP with the problem, but here's my system.

Vista X64, English 1.05, C:/Program Files(x86)/Sega/Medieval II Total War/mods/DLV_Europa

Good Luck Harry.
    You're right, it's kinda hard to keep track

@mrcosta

Please read what I asked for.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Wartower's Avatar Civis

"Can you list your OP system, M2TW language installation, installation path for Europa and what patch version you're running 1.04 (US) 1.05 (UK) etc."

Windows Vista 32, English Language installation, default path for Europa that came with install (C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods), for 1st two installs, I was on 1.04 (US), then I patched to 1.05 (UK), then when I deleted/uninstalled everything for M2TW, I patched to 1.05, then installed Europa.

*EDIT* May or may not be of importance, but since the game worked for me those first few times, it has never worked again. Never. I noticed that some people say that they can reload several times and get it to run, but not me. Like I mentioned in a previous post, the most progress I made was to change/delete a few things, then get it to go to the faction selection screen, but the CTD (with same exact error log) happened after I hit start. I was able to do this twice. Since then, I haven't made it past the splash screen.
    Last edited by Wartower; January 15, 2009 at 11:57 AM.

my case is equal to wartower

Windows XP, English Language installation, default path for Europa that came with install (C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods), for 1st two installs, I was on 1.04 (US), then I patched to 1.05 (UK), then when I deleted/uninstalled everything for M2TW, I patched to 1.05, then installed Europa.

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

@Again to the people who can't start the game

Ok, I was wrong about the file path issue and apparently the Vista thing, let's try to get some more info. If you still have any patience left, remove the current folder and reinstall Europa. Make no changes to anything. Except before starting the game open up the CFG. file and change this line..

Code:
    level = * error
    to.....

Code:
    level = * trace
    When it crashes go into the Medieval II/logs folder and paste the last 100 lines or so of the system.log here, use spoilers please. Thank you
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Alright Harry, I'm on it.

here

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Here ya go.

Here's mine as well.

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Hi,
    You might have problems with non-printable characters in descr_names.txt
    Also you should make sure that surnames like "de Castille" look like "de_Castille" in descr_names.txt

here you have master harry

//me is bad boy.. didnt reinstall for the thousand time, so pathfinding and deleted bins / rwm may have occur to this install as much as not.. nothing quite terrible. this should work as fine as any other.

//and just in case you missed it before, i m using xp64
    Last edited by ivanhoex; January 15, 2009 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    @Sharrow

Try deleting the map.rwm file in mods\DLV_Europa\data\world\maps\base. The next time you start a campaign or load the save game it'll take a while to regenerate the map so give it some time. If that doesn't work attach the Sicily save game to a post here.

@The people that can't start the game

OK, with the evidence you've given I can see now it's not a file path issue, it seems to be connected with Vista.

Can you list your OP system, M2TW language installation, installation path for Europa and what patch version you're running 1.04 (US) 1.05 (UK) etc.

Doesn't seem like a Vista issue, however - to make sure all Vista users delete the DLV files from the Virtual Store just incase there is some kind of conflict,

going to install this mod now that I have time - I'll let you know how everything goes.

Edit:

My log states two 'warnings' -

"02:01:50.372 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/Tokus_Cath_KNIGHT_BANNERET_32.tga"

and

"02:01:50.572 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/tokus_santiago1.tga"

Now if my memory serves me correctly, if there is a path to a .tga or .dds file and it does not exist, the game will not start? -

Or,

there could be a problem with the battle_models.db file, since this never leaves a trace relating to it - and could be why it hasn't been spotted yet? - Although I've played lots of battles on Europa when it does load... (1/3 chance) - so not sure if this is it either...
    Last edited by Dauntless Commandant; January 15, 2009 at 08:06 PM.

ImKyleJames's Avatar Semisalis

i started it up fine vista64, so that was cool! really like it so far, so far so good! I started as Mali and I love the forts, it's nice to keep militia armies out there cause rebels get annoying fast. nice idea!

I had all the same issues with XP, one or two factions would play, and everyone else would crash. I just did what somebody said and clicked the install again. After that it worked perfect, no issues!
    Deus posuit, id decuit, ergo fecit.

somebody with dlv europe working can put this file to download.

export_descr_character_traits.txt

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by mrcosta View Post
    somebody with dlv europe working can put this file to download.

export_descr_character_traits.txt
    It will be the same as yours and mine mrcosta. The line in the error code that gives the exact location of the supposed "error" is identical to the export_descr_character_traits.txt file in regular DLV. Messing around with the traits and triggers will only serve to further your frustration in getting this to work.

The single, biggest problem with this "bug" is that it affects a small number of us, affects people with both XP and Vista, and acts up intermittently. That translates into a major pain in the ass, my friend.

Just a few days ago, I thought my regular DLV stopped working. So I redownloaded SS. When I got bored with that after an hour or so (no offense, that's just me), I tried my regular DLV again. It works fine now.

I think the solution will reveal itself when the common link is established between all of us who are having problems. You and I have something in common on our computers, or in our files, or how we download/install, etc., that is making the game not work. I'm sure that there is someone out there who has the exact same laptop as me, and I mean exact, but his DLV Europa works fine. It's frustrating as hell, but that's the nature of mods. No team of 20 or more people constantly testing, fixing, testing, before they figure everything out. Even then, they still have bugs.

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Eh, sorry for the double post, but I think I'm going to hang up my spurs until I can see Europa working on my screen. I have downloaded a few other mods and fired up regular DLV, but I can't stay interested enough to get past turn 5 on any of them. With the other mods, it's like, wow, this isn't DLV style so it's boring. And with regular DLV it's like, I've played this so much, I'm burnt out. The very few times I got to play Europa, it was like a breath of fresh air. It was older DLV, which I never got to play, and it had no Americas, some new factions...it just felt like driving that new car.

Alas, I'm not going to continue my mod thread in the main discussion forums either. I don't have the heart to say, "If it isn't DLV of some sort, it really ain't worth playing." There are lots of good mods out there, but very few great ones. The great ones are boring to me, and I'm burnt out on the superior one. That translates into: find a new game moron!

I'll still check these forums, of course, and I'm confident that in time this bug thing will get fixed. Third Age TW looks cool too, as does Dominion of the Sword. But those huge mods have taken forever to make, and will probably take quite a bit more time before they are released. With my luck, those two will premier at the same time Empire comes out and this Europa bug gets fixed! Then I won't know what to do. Helluva luxury that would be!! Anyway, I'm off to see the wizard. Take care and thanks for the fun mods and threads!

Hello,

Is the language-fix available soon?

Aeon`'s Avatar Civis

Nabend Harry,
    I've played a few turns so far and it runs rather well on XP 32bit and German version.

I have also a suggestion: Why don't you give every faction prefers naval invasions yes, except for Pope and Slave? I think it's funnier if they have.
    Last edited by Aeon`; January 23, 2009 at 07:50 PM.

stickied

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Still no clue what's gone wrong with my game, every 20-30 times I try to load the game it manages to slide through and work perfect minus a few little things. Strangest thing I've ever seen but I guess it's better to have it work sometimes instead of never.

Great job with the mod though Harry, tons of fun when it feels like loading up.