Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV Europa Released

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Default DLV Europa Released

DLV Europa is a stand alone modification. It doesn't interfere with any other mods including regular DLV.

Features.....

Map: Resized, reworked, revamped campaign map which is more Euro-centric. THE AMERICAS ARE GONE!

New regions follow: Stirling, Durham & the Southern Isles (Norwegian). Edinburgh & Aberdeen moved to their geographically correct positions.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Caerleon & Exeter

Greater Poland

Cilicia

Syrmia

Pechorsky

Other regions added, reworked etc.

Also each faction now has their proper historical starting positions circa 1180 or as near as I could get it . Major reworking of their starting populations/development. Many thanks are due to dave scarface for this

Factions: 3 new factions.

Crown of Aragon

Sandwiched between France, Spain, England & the Moors. Aragon will be a difficult faction to play. Maintain good relations with Spain & England and perhaps you may profit from the wars that are sure to break out around you. Or you could try to establish a Mediterranean empire by taking the rebel islands that lie to your East.
    Starting Position

Some of the units from the Aragonese unique & interesting roster..

Thanks to King Kong for allowing the use of Aragon from the Stainless Steel mod.

Mali

Located at the extreme southern edge of the map. Mali will have to move fast to secure the rich gold fields to it's south before it's more powerful neighbours cast covetous eyes in it's direction. Mali can field a good mix of light cavalry, spears & archers but lack in heavy infantry.
    Thanks to the people at the Regions & Provinces Mod & Caledonian Rhyfelwyr whose Mali units have been incorporated into Europa.

Wales

Wales will probably face the hardest starting position in the whole game. With bad relations with their superpower neighbour England from the start Wales will do well to avoid being crushed quickly, perhaps stout defence and hit & run tactics will be enough to turn the tide? If Wales are really lucky England will be so occupied with other wars that they disregard the Welsh Dragon on it's doorstep.

Some Welsh Units (reskinned by myself to make them look more like down & dirty soldiers and less like Santa's Happy Elves).

But for every ying there's a yang because of hardcoded limits 3 factions had to go. These are the Aztecs (for obvious reasons). The Hedjaz are no more as well & Milan have also been removed (historically inaccurate, way overpowered & too similar to the other Italian factions). The Papal States will only be controlled by the AI.

Other Stuff: Loads of fantastic new artwork from Tokus*Maximus including a fully functional UI for all factions. Reworked EDU, Point Blank's Realistic combat partially included. Extended, historically accurate family trees for all factions

Reworking of recruitment times & building costs in the EDB. Byzantium in particular will have to make much more use of mercenaries than before but don't worry there are more mercenaries to choose from. You will have to plan carefully, with all factions, if you want a thriving economy or a strong army as both cost a lot more.

Mongol Invasion is now really, really, really scary. These guys are going to cause some serious problems. If you play as the Mongols however you're on easy street

New Unique Kings: Each Catholic/Orthodox/Lithuania faction has 4 Faction Leader/Heir battlefield skins which are specific to that faction. So you can easily keep an eye on him in the heat of battle or just admire the fine tailoring as I like to do

There's more as well but I've been working on this for so long, I've forgotten what I've done

Special thanks to...
    repman: For allowing me to use the best M2TW mod as a base for Europa. It really wouldn't have been possible without him.
    derdrakken: Initial map work, bug-fixing/alpha testing
    Tokus Maximus: Truly stunning new artwork, especially created for Europa
    dave scarface: Major work on the descr_strat file + alpha testing
    Furin: Forts added + Mongol Invasion revamped
    King Kong: For graciously allowing me the use of the Crown of Aragon faction from Stainless Steel
    irishron: some Mali faction units from the Regions & Provinces Mod
    Caledonian Rhyfelwyr: whose Mali units have been incorporated into Europa
    Point Blank: For the use of his Real Combat mod, unit balancing would have been very difficult without this.
    B. Ward: For his superb Modder Resource packs, all of which have been used in some form or other in this mod (or will be )
    Charge: For the sea textures used from his MapMod: Trees, Textures, Sea
    Lusted: For Campaign & Battle AI

Installation

Download DLV EUROPA Part 1 & Part 2 & the CFG file.

http://www.4shared.com/file/1ocno3i1...pa_Part_1.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/N5jzpLxv...pa_Part_2.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/3jP3fm_c...LV_Europa.html

Double click the executable, by default it installs into C: Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War (this is the default location for a standard Medieval II installation) if yours is different, please change (you are given the option this time )

Once both parts are installed browse to the DLV_Europa folder (default location is Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\DLV_Europa and either double click on the medieval2.DLV_Europa BATCH file or cut & paste the shortcut supplied, onto your desktop and use that to start the mod.

After installation use the CFG file uploaded as well. Paste and overwrite the one in the mods/DLV Europa folder.

Warning
    Only tested on an English (language) installation of Medieval II. If you use a non-English version the sound files will probably cause it to crash.
    Last edited by Harry Lime; June 09, 2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Added new working links
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Default Re: DLV Europa Released

Known Bugs

1. Turn off auto save (it's off by default in the CFG file supplied). If auto save is on this will cause it to crash at some point. I have no idea why.

2. Very occasionally (about 1 in 10 during testing) when starting a new campaign the game will crash instantly. It's a pain I know but just restart the mod and do it again. Again I have no idea why this happens.

3. During testing, I played 3 campaigns through to the 14th Century with no CTD with one exception, a save I had made in 1222 refused to load. It's recommended you don't save the game in that year or if you do, don't reload it. I think this is connected with the revamped Mongol invasion but again I don't know what is specifically causing the problem.

Reserved

Yes! Thanks, Harry. I never doubted you, for what it's worth

Oh Happy day! Arise Sir Harry.
    Last edited by Tokus*Maximus; January 11, 2009 at 02:43 PM.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Congratulations Harry!!

I've really been looking forward to this, I'm downloading it right now!

Thanks Harry and again, well done!

Aeon`'s Avatar Civis

Great Scot, it's finally released!

Too bad the english/non-english difference annoys again.

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Thanks Harry. Sincerely.

Can you use this with the open beta?

Harry, which version of DLV did you use as a base? I won't complain if it's an older version, since things have been progressing so swiftly as of late

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Nicholas View Post
    Can you use this with the open beta?
    NO!!!!! If you have the Europa_beta installed. Delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by musicdemon View Post
    Harry, which version of DLV did you use as a base? I won't complain if it's an older version, since things have been progressing so swiftly as of late
    It's old, 5.3 I think. Yes, it's taken me that long.
    Last edited by Harry Lime; January 11, 2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: clarification

Been looking forward to this one!

Thank you very much

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Ok just to clarify because sometimes people, like myself, are stupid and misunderstand things. You said to delete open_beta if we have it, and I need to make sure that you mean DLV_Europa_Open_Beta, NOT DLV 5.83_Open_Beta.

I would hate to see a bunch of us goofs running off and deleting our normal DLV's when you mean Europa Beta.

These are two seperate mods.

Yeah I meant the DLV 5.83 open Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Nicholas View Post
    Yeah I meant the DLV 5.83 open Beta
    Europa is a stand alone mod. You can play this and DLV 5.83. The one doesn't affect or rely on the other.

I thought you were referring to the Europa beta, my bad.

I've edited the OP to make it clearer.
    Last edited by Harry Lime; January 11, 2009 at 02:02 PM.

Woop - awesome!!!

TOKUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!
    Last edited by Dauntless Commandant; January 11, 2009 at 02:51 PM.

Glad to see this great mod getting released, thank you very much Harry.

Saddly though I'm having problems. I installed both part 1 and part 2 into my Sega/Medieval II Total War directory, go into the mods folder and run the batch file. The command prompt runs and the Europa 1.0 screen pops up for a second then CTD with the unspecified error pop up.

I have the english version of MTW 2/Kingdoms with the latest patch, just ran DLV 5.8 and it loaded up fine. I'm stumped, so any help would be greatly appreciated. And again congratulaions on the release

Edit.....Here's the system log

15:59:01.932 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    15:59:01.947 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    15:59:01.947 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    15:59:01.947 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    15:59:01.947 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    15:59:01.947 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    15:59:01.947 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    15:59:01.947 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    15:59:06.987 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/DLV_Europa/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15598, column 46
    trigger not found
    15:59:07.542 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Cougar109; January 11, 2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Add system log

Same here

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lord be praised, Currently downloading 98,5kB/sek 43%/ 50% by now.

Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Same here. Running Vista x64, but set the compatibility to XP Service Pack 2, and same thing as Cougar109. CTD after seeing the splash screen for a second with an unspecified error

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast