Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terra Australis: Total War

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Default Terra Australis: Total War

Terra Australis: Total War

Time Frame: 1770-1880.... 4 turns a year.... 440 turns

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This Mod is Focussed on Australia. The map will go from India to Western America. As there were many Europeans in the Pacific Ocean at the time, I want to recreate it so that Australia is the goal and not just let England have it. It will be fought for!

Faction List (due to change)

Dutch
    English Empire
    France
    Portugal
    Spain
    United States of America (may need to fix timeframe because Declaration of Independence was in 1776)
    Japan
    China

More will be added as the map gets fixed and researched(there will be around 15 factions)

Map has 3 Zones

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This one below looks doggy but i wanted to cut out europe

Recruiting (Always)

3D Modeling – Skinners - 2D Artist - Coders – Mappers – Researchers

May add new sounds, so may need voice acters.
    Last edited by Dewy; January 20, 2009 at 04:25 AM.
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Default Re: Terra Australis: Total War

You've left out the most important player in the Australian scenario.. the Dutch.
    Also the Chinese and Japs might want to be included, as the chinese were landing there for many years.

right forgot the dutch

Icon7 Re: Terra Australis: Total War

This is a great idea, will you start at the American war for independance, and will it include Japan?
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

it has a big, map so yes japan is in it. American war for independance will be going at the start. If we don't have it going at the start America willnot be playable. I think most people want it playable.
    Last edited by Dewy; January 11, 2009 at 07:19 PM.

would be wonderfull

making a bigger faction list. just doing some research to which to add. China and Japan didn't use guns back then so have to make sowrd animations to make them playable

Icon7 Re: Terra Australis: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Dewy View Post
    making a bigger faction list. just doing some research to which to add. China and Japan didn't use guns back then so have to make sowrd animations to make them playable
    The natives in ETW will use an animation that could be used for melee units, but you will need to edit it probably, and about Japan and China using guns, you could give them the ability to eventually get technology to have gunpowder weapons.
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

I will have a trigger for it

Could you provide a map of the area you want?

Its hard, to get one as Australia is always on the other side of the 2d map then america.

Updated First post with the 3 zone maps. 2nd one looks odd becuase i cut out europe.
    Last edited by jimkatalanos; January 18, 2009 at 08:42 AM. Reason: merging

Perhaps something like this?

Lots of islands and tons of naval battles, i like it

Brocktree's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Dewy View Post

Just pointing out: Japan was introduced to the idea of guns in the 16th or so century. And i also have reason to believe that china could have their hands on some too.

Russia
    India? Nah
    Korea
    Native american tribes ((One faction)american west coast, be the first primary people america would face for expansion on the west coast.)
    Mexico
    Natives to the islands should have a faction.

If this is helpful ><

I like your map Lebre just, that i want it taking back to India, Becuase China will not have a great naval if you know what i mean they need to expand to get money for the player to win. Brocktree, that wasn't helpful as i'm making the list already. And there was 1000+ tribes in the islands so just one as a faction is a dumb idea

Icon9 Re: Terra Australis: Total War

[sarcasm]Your welcome.[/sarcasm]

Well, have mutliple factions of natives: Three or four, generally spanning the pacific. Give them the ability to sail and mainly only melee/spear/spear throwing units. Sort of like the barbarian factions in RTW, maybe that you can play one of them.

I was trying to make a helpful suggestion. Sorry for adding my two cents.

Also, the only reason i said no to india was because it wasnt on Lebre's map. So i guess india may well be in for your mod.
    Last edited by Brocktree; January 18, 2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Other

what about my first post? I'm going to cut down america a bit in it, but thats basicly what its going to be

And also the only good thing in what you listed was russia.

-_-

Well, atleast i did something right.

And i guess i can understand wanting to cut down on america: It became awhile before they became a power in the pacific. Maybe make a small indian faction for the north american west coast and have the americans as an emergent faction.
    Last edited by Brocktree; January 18, 2009 at 09:39 PM.

Is this a new account? Why are to telling me bad ideas and how to do my mod? Lebre is telling me things, yes but i can trust what he is saying becuase he atlest does research before saying something like, a faction list
    Last edited by Dewy; January 18, 2009 at 09:45 PM.

So wait, your saying my ideas suck because ive just joined? Jesus christ, i find that offensive and, too be frank, stupid.

You said you were going to cut down on america: I made a suggestion. If suggestions are telling you how to do your mod, you seem to be listening to everyone else.

And i do know what the hell im talking to too some extent. If you want me to edit whatever the hell i may suggest ill go look at wikipedia but jeez. Dont have to get all offensive.

Well as natives there are some that can be converted as mercs or if ETW allows, shadow factions.but there are some natives that can have their own playable faction, for example the Maoris which played an important role in new zealand
    as for Japan having acess to firearms brocktree is right, they were introduce to them by the portuguese
    and brocktree mexico isnt right in this time, they only declared independence in 1810
    and people calm down, this was just a misunderstanding, dont need to get all mad about it
    Last edited by Lebre; January 19, 2009 at 04:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast