Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bug report

Default Re: Bug report

Thanks Eothese,

I'd appreciate it, only other thing I can think of doing and I hate doing it, is to completely reinstall the whole game, I have had other mods installed and although most if not all install to their own directories, I have a feeling that something may have gone wrong for me and maybe doing a complete reinstall may help.

I had Deus Lo Vult and SS installed and well anything is possible and especially on Vista!!
    Jekyll and Hyde

I am no threat but Hyde is (minus the fangs), don't provoke my darkside, you have been warned

My specs: Chronic Migraine Sufferer, Epileptic (Complex Partial Seizures), Multiple Personality Disorders

FEAR Fansite

Try a Custom Battle in the Britania Campaign with the same set up first.

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

The log was blank no error log

Hi Eothese,

I was not able to try a Custom Battle in the Britannia game as there are no Calivermen in the set up screen, that said I have attached a replay, not completed and not anything that anyone would want to see, but its purely to hopefully let you hear what I am hearing, arrows being released just as the gunfire goes off

Not that it helps much if at all, but when I am playing I slow the speed down to 5

I hope this works, never zipped a replay before here, so I hope I have done this correctly

Many thanks again for your help

Regards

Jekyll
    Last edited by Jekyll; January 14, 2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: added info
    Jekyll and Hyde

I am no threat but Hyde is (minus the fangs), don't provoke my darkside, you have been warned

My specs: Chronic Migraine Sufferer, Epileptic (Complex Partial Seizures), Multiple Personality Disorders

FEAR Fansite

OK your replay worked fine, although that was the strangest setup I've ever seen. I heard the sound you mentioned so you are correct. This time when I tried it on my own install I heared it as well. So I attempted to try it out in a Britannia Custom Battle, using the Irish. All I got was a CTD as the battle finished loading. There is little I can do here, I think. Except to advise you to ignore the sound as best you can. Kingdoms itself is bugged and I'm not going to spend time trying to fix it.

Ok thanks for trying it out, at least I am not going mad

I'll probably end up avoiding playing as the Scots and go with the others on offer

I hope you did'nt think I was implying that I wanted you to fix it, I just thought it may have been a bug in your mod and would have been a simple fix or something that I had inadvertantly done on install, but obviously its not, and I am happy that it isn't, I'll make do as you say

I only use that setup as a test not for my real battles lol

Thanks
    Jekyll and Hyde

FEAR Fansite

so wat about my ctd problem

Sounds like the sort of thing I described about the Britannia Custom Battle, using the Irish. Where did you install Expanded America's? And have you tried a Campagin Map battle?

ya it was working till I unpacked the files now custom doesnt work but campaign will

so, i don't really know what you mean when you refer to unpacking files or what not, so it would be nice if you gave steps to this process. because their are people out there who have not done mods yet. and their are also people who are not tech savy (like myself) who does not even know what your talking about.

but love the idea, just can't see my settlements because of the display thing.
    Last edited by Kracker Jack'D; January 18, 2009 at 03:04 PM.

There is a Display readme in the expanded_americas2 folder, if you follow the directions in there you should be good to go. I will put something in the stickied section when I have more time.

1rst,campaign wouldn't work
    2nd,he told me to unpack the kingdom files in the folder
    3rd,I unpacked them and campaign works
    4rth,now when I start custom battles I get a ctd
    well do I need to update the kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander of Jordan View Post
    1rst,campaign wouldn't work
    2nd,he told me to unpack the kingdom files in the folder
    3rd,I unpacked them and campaign works
    4rth,now when I start custom battles I get a ctd
    well do I need to update the kingdoms
    If you have unpacked your data files, which I did not tell you to do. Then you must delete the 2 geography files, or you will get a CTD. You do not need the 1.5 patch version. If you have installed the mod correctly and have followed all the istructions that you have been given by myself, in ReadMe's and on the install launcher and still cannot make everything work, then I can only suggest you uninstall your entire Medieval setup and start a fresh install.

where are the geography files located
    Last edited by Robertclive; January 19, 2009 at 08:22 PM.

If you have unpacked, they will be in your main data folder. descr_geography and descr_geography_new

thanks it works now

Hey guys,

iŽd really like to play this mod but i have little problem, when i click the link to the starting batchfile, it loads the splashscreen and seconds after that i just end up crashing to the desktop

can someone help please?

i want to play with gunpowder from the start and this mod sounds really great

If you look in your main Medieval folder there should be a system.log text file. Post that here, inside spoiler tag's for preference, and I'll see if I can help.

Ok, thanks, i hope you have an idea so here it is

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

14:37:48.823 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:37:48.830 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    14:37:48.834 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:37:48.835 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:37:48.836 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:37:48.837 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:37:48.837 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:37:48.838 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:37:48.839 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/shared.txt is missing
    14:37:48.839 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/tooltips.txt is missing
    14:37:48.840 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/battle.txt is missing
    14:37:48.849 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/strat.txt is missing
    14:37:48.849 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/menu_english.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:37:48.850 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/menu_english.txt is missing
    14:37:48.852 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/expanded.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:37:48.852 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/expanded.txt is missing
    14:37:48.871 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/diplomacy.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:37:48.871 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/diplomacy.txt is missing
    14:37:48.872 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:37:48.872 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    14:37:48.874 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/missions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:37:48.874 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/missions.txt is missing
    14:37:48.894 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:37:48.897 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    14:37:51.299 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    14:37:51.301 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    14:37:51.303 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    14:37:51.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    14:37:51.312 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    14:37:51.313 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    14:37:51.313 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    14:37:51.313 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    14:37:51.313 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    14:37:51.314 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    14:37:51.314 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    14:37:51.314 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    14:37:51.314 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    14:37:51.314 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    14:37:51.314 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    14:37:51.314 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    14:37:51.314 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    14:37:51.314 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    14:37:51.314 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    14:37:51.880 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/religions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:37:51.880 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/religions.txt is missing
    14:37:51.881 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/climates.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:37:51.883 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/climates.txt is missing
    14:37:58.281 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas2/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 133, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_order_Barded_Horse'.
    14:37:58.282 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas2/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 148, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_alt_Barded_Horse'.
    14:37:58.282 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas2/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 178, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_order_Mailed_Horse'.
    14:38:00.231 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/event_titles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:38:00.232 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/event_titles.txt is missing
    14:38:00.248 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/event_strings.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:38:00.255 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/event_strings.txt is missing
    14:38:00.394 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/export_units.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:38:00.419 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/expanded_americas2/data/text/export_units.txt is missing
    14:38:00.526 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas2/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 13397, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'Knights_of_Jerusalem'.

14:38:00.526 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/expanded_americas2/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Did you install both parts? It seems you have files missing...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast