Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bug report

Default Bug report

Any issues with Expanded America's 2.0, please post in this thread.
    Thanks,
    Eothese

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

When I tried playing the campaign the city names were enlarged,the radar map was messed up. No icons on the exit screen. It was impossible for me to exit out so I had to reboot my computer

and custom battles to the whole screen with all the unit cards and commands was completlly white,I had to reboot to exit out too.

hello

Merged,
    Eothese
    Last edited by Eothese; January 12, 2009 at 12:35 PM.

Default Re: Expanded America's: Released Today!

This is probably easily fixable, but...game screen is so large I can not access apply changes to change resolution of game and make playable. How do you scroll around on ingame screen if it is all large with half the information offscreen? I so want to play Apaches for first time on this mod. Thanks if you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander of Jordan View Post
    When I tried playing the campaign the city names were enlarged,the radar map was messed up. No icons on the exit screen. It was impossible for me to exit out so I had to reboot my computer

and custom battles to the whole screen with all the unit cards and commands was completlly white,I had to reboot to exit out too.

hello
    Hello,

Sounds like this is your first Kingdoms mod and you don't have your files unpacked. If I'm correct then you'll find this has been covered many times. There is a Display ReadMe in the expanded_americas2 folder and a display folder containing 3 files that you have to copy into your main Medieval 2 ui folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Grislok View Post
    This is probably easily fixable, but...game screen is so large I can not access apply changes to change resolution of game and make playable. How do you scroll around on ingame screen if it is all large with half the information offscreen? I so want to play Apaches for first time on this mod. Thanks if you can help.
    I'm not sure I've heard this one before, so I'll ask if you've tried the display fix first? Although it doesn't sound like this is the problem, it is worth checking. There is a Display ReadMe in the expanded_americas2 folder as well as a display folder which contains 3 files you have to copy into your main Medieval2 ui folder. This is the same for all Kingdoms mods.

If that doesn't fix your problem, then you could try to set the campaign map resolution before starting your campaign.

A second possibility would be to set your resolution in the .cfg
    Open the expanded_americas2 folder and double click the medieval2.expanded_americas2.cfg file, select wordpad to open it with and copy the following into the [video] section.
    campaign_resolution = 1024 768
    battle_resolution = 1024 768
    Last edited by Eothese; January 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM.

Default Re: Bug report

oh,I used to have the files unpacked but I reinstalled the game,so I forgot to unpack them again.

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Expanded America's: Released Today!

I have come across a problem I have not seen before, so assume it is An Expanded America's problem.

I have discovered that once a unit has dropped a ram outside a broken down wooden fort gate with small entrance, it will not take the ram through the wooden entrance.

You can get units to re-assign to the ram, and they will stay with it as long as the ram is outside the gates, but as soon as you put the move cursor the other side of the gate, inside the fort, the units leave the rams! Given forts now have 'gates inside gates' you need to bring the rams through the gate.

I believe that had I kept the units attached to the rams they may go through, but I should be able to drop siege machines and pick them up again without changing where you can move them.

Any idea's on this? Thanks!
    Search THEN ask on these forums!!!

.... and check out the Expanded America's mod at :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185565

# uk_john
    The AI built a fort? If so, Wow! Its not something I've had in ANY campaign!

To be honest forts is not something I've play tested since my attempts to make stone forts buildable in the early days, so this is good for all versions. If you give me the circumstances, I can try to recreate the battle to see what's happening. The only suggestion I can make to you is to compare the battle in question with the closest set up you can make in a custom battle, using one of the Kingdoms Expansion Mods. If you get the same issue then its not likely to be an Expanded America's bug alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eothese View Post
    # uk_john
    The AI built a fort? If so, Wow! Its not something I've had in ANY campaign!

To be honest forts is not something I've play tested since my attempts to make stone forts buildable in the early days, so this is good for all versions. If you give me the circumstances, I can try to recreate the battle to see what's happening. The only suggestion I can make to you is to compare the battle in question with the closest set up you can make in a custom battle, using one of the Kingdoms Expansion Mods. If you get the same issue then its not likely to be an Expanded America's bug alone.
    No. Sorry, not a fort, a normal wooden walled town. (I am an idiot!) I will investigate more, but as I have not seen it before, I thought you should know. Still love the mod!

I feel soooo stupid! Fought the battle again, and turns out that the town (Rennes, France) had multiple entrances, and I mistook an entrance for an 'inner wall'! In your mod the towns are really more convoluted, with multiple gates to enter, ramps to go up to the main gate, another ramp to get to the town centre high atop a hillside, etc. Vanilla just had pretty small towns with one wooden gate entrance!

The reason, therefore, that my men would not take the rams through the gate, was there was no need, as there was not another gate to bash through!

I love this element of the mod, where once your into the town/city, there is now more to do to fight to the town/city centre! Certainly the enemy AI knows to leave it's bowmen at the top of the hill, raining death on my men as they climb the hillside up to them!

Reading that through, I couldn't help but smile.
    That sort of detailed feedback is good to here!

K, my campaign works now,but my custom battles cause a ctd. It starts and the crashes

Thanks for the help. I solved my problem by "fishing" off-screen for the apply changes button. I could change the resolution, just could not see apply changes button. Started an Apache campaign and will keep you posted. Aztecs took Lubbock on turn 3.

Playing as Denmark, sent a ship to the Americas, each time i send a spy into an Apachean town, the game doeas a CTD. 6 times this happened on the town west of Newfounland.

Otherwise a great mod. My allied Pope died, my Cardinal got elected, the next turn i was at war with every single country cept Milan. Turn after that every country that started war against me got Excommunicated, cept the Teutonics, they are stuck at Visby with 10 Gunholks guarding their harbour.
    Last edited by Culhwch; January 13, 2009 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander of Jordan View Post
    K, my campaign works now,but my custom battles cause a ctd. It starts and the crashes
    Post me your log and I'll take a look. Although I have never had a problem with custom battle, except when using Wardogs. Give me as much details as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Culhwch View Post
    Playing as Denmark, sent a ship to the Americas, each time i send a spy into an Apachean town, the game doeas a CTD. 6 times this happened on the town west of Newfounland.
    This I will look at, I take it you mean Vineland?

Otherwise a great mod. My allied Pope died, my Cardinal got elected, the next turn i was at war with every single country cept Milan. Turn after that every country that started war against me got Excommunicated, cept the Teutonics, they are stuck at Visby with 10 Gunholks guarding their harbour.
    Also the Teutonics...

k

Quote Originally Posted by Eothese View Post
    This I will look at, I take it you mean Vineland?
    Yes that is, will send my spies father and see if any other settlements gives the same result.

Hello,

I sincerely hope that this Mod is still alive and kicking, as

1. Its brilliant and just what I was looking for, and

2 I have a problem I noticed, I just tried a Custom Battle with the Scottish Calivermen and English Musketeers, but when the Calivermen fire, I hear not only a gun sound, but also the release of arrows, and yet I have no archers in my battle.....can anyone help me please?

And as a footnote:

Are there anymore Custom Battle Maps I can get for your mod?

Kindest Regards

Jekyll
    Jekyll and Hyde

I am no threat but Hyde is (minus the fangs), don't provoke my darkside, you have been warned

My specs: Chronic Migraine Sufferer, Epileptic (Complex Partial Seizures), Multiple Personality Disorders

FEAR Fansite

After a lot of attempts, I finally got a spy into Vineland without him being killed, no CTD on the half dozen deaths or the successful infiltration.

Looks like I somehow omited the Teutonic Order from my debt script, they probably will struggle without it. I shall address this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Hello,

I sincerely hope that this Mod is still alive and kicking, as

1. Its brilliant and just what I was looking for, and

2 I have a problem I noticed, I just tried a Custom Battle with the Scottish Calivermen and English Musketeers, but when the Calivermen fire, I hear not only a gun sound, but also the release of arrows, and yet I have no archers in my battle.....can anyone help me please?

And as a footnote:

Are there anymore Custom Battle Maps I can get for your mod?

Kindest Regards

Jekyll
    It sure is still alive, Version 2.0 was only released about 2 weeks ago!
    I ran a custom battle as you discribed and could here only the shots of muskets and the whistle of the musket balls...
    As for Custom Battle Maps, you can use any with this mod. If you need help getting them running post in the workshop, or create a new thread in the Expanded America's sub-forum and I'll help as I can...

Ok I'll start a new thread about the Custom Maps, need to find them first, such a large site an all, a bit bewildering glad to hear that its only been 2 weeks, I can't always come due to being unwell, so that is why I asked

As for the sound problem I am puzzled as I don't know how to resolve it, I know that I only hear the arrows when I have the camera right next to the Calivermen, if I am halfway between the two armies, then I hear the same as you, but up close its different, sorry I should have been more specific

I guess I could try to use the sound mods from another mod? :hmmm:

Thanks

Jekyll
    Last edited by Jekyll; January 13, 2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Added info
    Jekyll and Hyde

I am no threat but Hyde is (minus the fangs), don't provoke my darkside, you have been warned

My specs: Chronic Migraine Sufferer, Epileptic (Complex Partial Seizures), Multiple Personality Disorders

FEAR Fansite

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    As for the sound problem I am puzzled as I don't know how to resolve it, I know that I only hear the arrows when I have the camera right next to the Calivermen, if I am halfway between the two armies, then I hear the same as you, but up close its different, sorry I should have been more specific

I guess I could try to use the sound mods from another mod? :hmmm:

Thanks

Jekyll
    I wouldn't recommend it as its not just copy and paste with all sound files.
    I'll check again when I get more of a chance and let you know if I get the same close up. But I'm pretty sure I zoomed right in on the Calivermen, and all sounded well...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast