Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who plays at hyper speed?

Default Who plays at hyper speed?

Who plays HoI/Vicky/EU at ultra high speed and just pause to issue commands?

It becomes a test of your reactions/strategical game.

Its brilliant.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Who plays at hyper speed?

I play HoI2 in hyper speed from 1936 to 1939.

When the war begin I turn it into normal.

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I saw the title and thought it was about Street Fighter 2 Turbo Hyper Fighting and I was gonna say the Konami code was the only way to go...full hyper mode!

But, no. I go max speed during times of peace or when nothing is happening.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I does

I do. I'm to impatient to do anything else.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

I think more people play on hyper speed than play on slow speed. A campaign already takes a ridiculous amount of time to complete, especially if you start in the 1300s and end in the 1800s in EUIII. As such, it's only tolerable to go at the highest speed and pause whenever an event comes up. The "Go to" command is a godsend as well, without which I might never play the game.

I'm almost always playing at hyper speed because the time scale is extremely large already as said above. The only exceptions are tied battles where the outcome is not clearly visible for a while or when I'm waiting for an enemies movements - that's when I'm playing at a slower pace so I can react appropriately.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

There is no way that I'd be able to play on any speed other than the 2 highest. I'd probably die of boredom.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by therussian View Post
    There is no way that I'd be able to play on any speed other than the 2 highest. I'd probably die of boredom.
    Truth. Sure there's some wars where I lose a day or two to jump on something, but meh, I'm at war more often than I'm not generally so if I went slow just to save those couple days that pass between me seeing the notice and clicking pause, it'd take eons.

I play EU 3 LAN games so we're all in the same room discussing it, and we play on speed 3, we aren't bored anyway.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

I change the speed constantly as I play. If I'm watching something, like an assault on a fort, or a battle, I may slow to 2 or 3. If things are in general "happening" I'll play at 3 or 4 and for the vast amounts of times when almost nothing is happening I'll play at 5. Throughout it all the pause button is my friend.

But yeah, the vast majority of the time I'm at 4 or 5.

I don't see how you could play the whole game at 2 or below, and 3 only makes sense in multiplayer. I don't even think it was a design intent really.

I'd like to see Paradox increase the speed further, the game is best played while your wired on about 4L of Coke.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

I always play at hyper speed, because I'm pretty impatient with the slower speed settings.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Same here, I can't stand to play at anything lower than hyper speed or the one below that, I only turn to a slower speed if the situation requires it.

I put the game on max speed, set events to pause, and pause whenever I need to do anything. There is no reason to change speed unless you are playing multiplayer really. Multiplayer is best on like speed 3 or 4.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Hyper speed all the way With the occassional pause of course

In singleplayer even, I find I lose interest in what is happening when I play at speed 5, sometimes even at speed 4. When time is flying by so fast instead of thinking about what I should do at the moment, what war I could have or whatever, I just stare at my tech sliders waiting for more tech and more money etc. When I play at slower speed I get more involved and end up enjoying the situation more.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Indefinitely Banned

Wow, I play on 'above normal' and don't get bored. Does that say more about me or you lot?

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

I mostly play on The max speed unless im in a big war...

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

Well in Divide et Impera the hyper speed is either reduced or its just me, anyway my left hand is always on the spacebar so i just pause it drives my brother crazy when im in a war and hes watchin
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast