Thread: Novgorod, Kiev, Petchengs and some tribes.

Default Novgorod, Kiev, Petchengs and some tribes.

OK., I see there are still 9 faction slots left and some major factions missing.

First of all why are there no Rus factions at all? There were two strong centers of Russian folk – Novgorod and Kiev which fought against each other for Russian land supremacy. Both were strongly bound with Scandinavian immigrants, so in my opinion both should be obligatory in.

Than Magyars. There are on the map (south-east corner), but… historically they quickly moved to Panonian plain which is not on the map. Than they took Slovakia land from Polish hands and Slovakia is on the map, but… that event took place somewhere after 1030y. So Magyars rather not.

But instead I suggest to include Petchengs. They would represent nomadic faction (so different warfare) and occupy south-east terrains. They appeared there circa 889y, so could be a dangerous horde. Poland used to ally with Petchengs against Kievians.

There are also some other tribes that could be considered. They did not form a duchy, but they could be showed by different tech tree and represent unique and demanding gameplay. I can suggest some of those tribes:
    -Lusatia Serbs (west Slavs group)
    -Rannes (west Slavs group)
    -Jatviengas (Not sure, there is a theory that they had nomadic ancestors)
    -Prussians (Balts group)
    -Lithuanians (Balts group)
    -Latvians (Balts group)
    -Chude (Finnish group)
    -Estes (Finnish group)
    -Karelians (Finnish group)

Without those factions 1/3 land of the map will be empty… I think this is not good for the gameplay and historical accuracy so I highly recommend considering this issue.
    Last edited by Silesian_Noble; January 10, 2009 at 03:37 PM.

Bowden's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Novgorod, Kiev, Petchengs and some tribes.

How about the Livonian people?

I reckon adding Rus faction(s) would be a great idea, but I also reckon we'd get this going on first. Might be a version 1.1?

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Hopefully new factions will come, but for now we have enough to work with.

Of course feel free to discuss what factions you want in, team member or otherwise.

For me its Kent, I want Jutish superiority in England.

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

i think that mercia should definatley be added, it seems odd to have this big empty space in central england with no faction.

as for the sorbs and rani, they would clutter up an already dense faction region, we have obodriti, veleti, polanie, cesi, and moravians all competing over a small area.
    the rus i think will be added, it would be stupid not too, and i suggested to the team we can make the poljane, the tribe that founded kiev rus, as the faction, and later give them the ability to change into kiev rus.
    but the baltic and russian areas of the map definatley need some extra factions, how ever i believe we keep to this small list until everything is completed, and only then add any extras.

But if you make Finnish, then throw 2-3 new units for Karelians, another 2-3 special units to Chudes, small reskin and bum! – we have got two new factions! Which in later release could be enriched with another few units.

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

i know, but it's still wiser to focus on the bare bones of work, then patches can add the newer factions, regardless of how much time they'd take to implement.
    ale i tak zgadzam się z tobą o reszcie.