Thread: Can I disable the "Gunpowder event" in this mod....and how?

Default Can I disable the "Gunpowder event" in this mod....and how?

Thanks for any information.

This is a great mod by the way been loving it for a few weeks now. Turn times get a bit long in the tooth. Thats my only minnie peeve. Very worth it though.

Default Re: Can I disable the "Gunpowder event" in this mod....and how?

Yes it can be disabled, brought forward or postponed. Go to the following file:

Kingdoms grand campaign mod/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial campaign/descr_events.

Change the following entries in red: (changing it to 500 501 would make it so that the gun powder event takes place right at the end of the game. Or change it to 0 0 so that it won't take place at all.

; ------------ CORE GAME EVENT --------------
    event historic science_maths_zero_europe
    date 87
    event earthquake earthquake_in_silicia
    date 88
    position 401, 136
    event historic gunpowder_discovered
    date 90 95
    ;date 2 4
    movie event/gunpowder_invented.bik
    ; ------------ CORE GAME EVENT --------------
    If deception is an art, then the world is full of artists!
    Trust No One!

Turn times get a bit long in the tooth. Thats my only minnie peeve. Very worth it though.
    This is due to the time it takes the CAI to make its moves on the bigger map and also the garrison script slows turns down a bit as well. Its worth noting though that the first 100 turns or so are the slowest. After that the game will get faster when factions start dying out.

Dave

Thank you very much verena xeventus. That is exactly what I hoped for. Your instructions are perfect thanks for your time.

dave scarface thank you so much for this mod! I would rather have long turns than play vanilla or disable the garrison script. I understand more about why it takes longer.:hmmm:

Hi Ttown, Your very welcome.

As for the turns taking so long... ??? Not quite sure what everyone is refferring to here, If you disable the AI movements the end of turn is no problem at all, takes the same amount of time as the vanilla campaign. So if it's bugging people to that extent... just disable the "follow AI movements" option.
    If deception is an art, then the world is full of artists!
    Trust No One!