Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MY STRATEGY TO BEATING PRINCE OF MACEDON ONLINE

Default MY STRATEGY TO BEATING PRINCE OF MACEDON ONLINE

NOW BEFORE YOU BLAST ME WITH POST THAT PRINCE OF MACEDON IS A GREAT PLAYER AND IM JUST MAD BECUSE I LOST TO HIM HEAR ME OUT.... prince of macedon is a great player and i think is the greatest rom total war player ever i only made this guide becuse im tired of waching him beat the snot out of his opponets on youtube its almost not even a chalenge enimore [ sorry enione who has played prince you guys are much beter than me ] so i wached all his games and now have vigured out how to make a guide to beat him well it may not work but it will atleast make the game more interesting instead of prince stoping his opponents to the ground [ i mean after like 200 wins i kinda gets tiring to wach him beat all his opponents that easely ]

so here we go

factions best to use : armenia , carthage
    money : 10k
    troop composition :
    carthage : 6 sacred band cavelry
    6 sacred band infantry
    remaining denarri should be used on slingers

armenia : 6 cataphracks
    6 cataphrack archers
    now these troops are gona be espensive so you might want to ask to play a 15k game and use the rest of the denarii on archers

troop placemnets armenia : YOUR ARMY

C C C C C C
    CH CH CH CH CH CH
    AR AR AR AR AR AR

CA CA CA CA CA CA CA
    PHL PHL PHL PHL PHL PHL
    CC CC CC CC CC CC

PRINCE OF MACEDONS ARMY

KEY
    CA : cretan archers
    PHL : phalaxes
    CC: companion caverly
    C : cataphracs
    CH : cataphrac archers
    AR : archers
    now i chose this kind of army and diployment becuse prince loves to use MACEDON remember

phase 1 of the battle :

your army

AR AR AR AR AR AR

C C C C C C
    CH CH CH CH CH CH

CC CC CC CA CA CA CA CA CA CC CC CC

PHL PHL PHL PHL PHL PHL

now at this point prince of macedon will see that yuor armys power is in cavelry so he will send his cretans to beat your weaker archers with his phalanx close behind he wont atack yet with his companions
    THIS IS WHAT YOU DO NEXT :

YOUR ARCHERS HAVE BEEN DESTOYED BY CRETANS

C C C PHL PHL PHL PHL PHL PHL C C C
    CC CC CC CC CC CC
    CH CH CH CA CA CA CA CA CA CA CH CH CH

NOW at this stage of the batle as you can see YOUR ARCHER SHOULD BE TOAST BBY NOW well they were suposed to eniway you should attack his companions with your cataphracs and get yuor cataphrac archers behind his companions and HIT THEM FROM THE BACK HAMMER AND ANDVIL
    now yuo ill beat his companions the 1 prob is that now he sent his phalanxes to help his cav since you have no infatry to stop him the best you can do is own his cmpanions fast enouth so that you dont have to eat pikes

this is the last part of the batle

CH CH

PHL C C PHL
    CH C PHL CA CA CA CA CA PHL C CH
    PHL C C PHL

CH CH

NOW AS YOU CAN SEE HIS CAVERLY IS GONE HE STILL HAS HIS PHALAXES BUT THATS WHEN YOU SHOULD USE YOU HORSE ARCHERS TO PELT THEM REMEBER HE ATACKED YOU WITH HIS PHALAXES TO HELP HIS COMPANINOS SO HIS CRETANS ARE UNPROTECTED THATS WEN YOU HIT THEM WITH YOU CAVERLY ONCE THERE WIPED OUT YOU SHOULD SIMPLY PELT HIM WITH ARROWS AND CHARGE THE REAR OF HIS PHALANX

AND THAT IS MY TACTIC TO WINING I WILL DO A GUIDE FOR CARTHAGE TO BUT IM TIRED OF TIPING FOR NOW LOL

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER ALWAYS MOVE FOWARD IF YOU DONT YOU GIVE PRINCE OF MACEDON THE INITIATIVE

PS I DONT HATE PRINCE I THINK HES AWSOME =]
    Last edited by hanibalthegreat; January 09, 2009 at 08:10 PM.

Default Re: HOW TO BEAT PRINCE OF MACEDON ONLINE

srr for spelling i dint have time to check it
    Last edited by hanibalthegreat; January 09, 2009 at 08:06 PM.

Well I have not played Total War online yet, due to the fact that i only was able to borrow it from a friend for a week or so. I also cannot find the game anywhere except online ( I am not paying about $40 with a credit card, just because I am paranoid about ID theft ><) but being a fan of RTS's and played a lot of online matches in AoE2 (I know totally different strategy involved) I can say for sure that making a "guide" to beat some online is a failure.

A few reasons:
    1. They can read this so called guide and just change strategies.
    2. You can't make a strategy against someone unless you fought them 50 times and the person used the same strategy (if this Prince of Macedon is so good, I don't think he would be stupid enough to use the exact same strategy every time.)

Another suggestions is spell check. Please use it, I am reading this and it is very annoying to see i being used instead of y, I understand if you used web abbreviations like FTW and such but seriously, spelling. It makes your guide look a lot more professional, for lack of a better word.

*Sorry about ToS violation, always keep frgeting about those things*
    Last edited by majiger; January 12, 2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: removed ToS violation

well first of all if prince decides to change strategy thats ok i just posted this becuse i wanted to give my strategy in playing online games in rome total war

and since prince of macedon is the best multiplyaer player so i made this guide about him i still enjoy your feed back
    Last edited by hanibalthegreat; January 09, 2009 at 08:05 PM.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default Re: MY STRATEGY TO BEATING PRINCE OF MACEDON ONLINE

Hmmm, well to tell the truth, if you really want to beat Prince of Macedon, one guide is rather useless IMO. From this guide, all I learnt is a way that an opponent could possibly be beaten. It doesn't tell me much about stuff like what Prince's characteristical moves are, his favourite deployments, and nor does it explain why this strategy is capable of beating Prince. He has a tonne of ways to fight a battle, and I'm absolutely certain there's no way that one guide is able to formulate and explain a strategy that determines a win, or "makes it more interesting".

If you really want to beat him with some frequency, you need to watch Prince's videos with more of a tactical eye than with a leisurely eye. You'd need to analyse his opponents' mistakes, see how Prince utilised them, pick holes in Prince's strategy, and then think of ways to make use of those holes, which will require practice. It's no easy matter, and though I admire your effort to produce a guide to help other players against Prince, it's not really enough, if you think it through.

Ok, couple of pointers. If your post is made because you are mad, cool down and then post. majiger, you have violated the ToS by discussing illegal versions of rtw, or at least sounding like you have pirated one. I'd either make it clear or delete it.

Your strategy relies too much on your opponents actions. Like Xavier said, this is a guide for a very specific one on one. What if PoM chooses a different composition? What if he doesn't act according to your predictions? If I were you, I'd train with a faction, make an army that can attack and win on it's own. Without relying on actions from the opponent, since this will always vary, and can not be relied upon in your initial plan.

Also, making a claim like PoM is the best mp player is rather silly coming from you. I seriously doubt that you have played every player out there, so he might be the best you've played, but I doubt he's the best there is.
    Last edited by Selifator; January 10, 2009 at 03:51 AM.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Kátz's Avatar Senator

Both Xavier and Seli is right, your opponent is not an AI. Therefore the human mind can still of endless possibilities which you cannot predict. Although the quotes of Sun Tzu are the ones you should take and I see Prince also practice this in his videos. And please also see the ES, there is time he also uses Thrace too you see.

well i have wached everione of princes vidios and he loves to use hammer and andvil thats why in my strategy you have to destroy his cav and this ist a guide its my strategy i wanted to share and i used prince of macedon as an example an yes im prety sure hes the best cuse frankly if you can tell some guy whos won more times than him then i stand by what ii say that he is the best and by waching all his vidios is how i have compiled this strat

but thx for posting selifator

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

It is true that hammer and anvil is one of Prince's favourite moves, but it is for a lot of people. Its strong, useful and on most cases decisive. However, you will find that if you play him as a faction like Armenia, his army composition might be altered to combat cataphracts and the like. There's just far too many variables to take into account in creating a strategy like what you are trying to do.

wow i never realized that thank you very much xavior

Decanus

I would take an army of dogs and pigs, he won't stand a chance then!!

lol hed pron use an army of achers major pwnage

lold

Guys, fix the spelling please. Badly performed netspeak isn't really the best way to write on a forum.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Hannibalthegreat when you play games against players who have at least an average skill you will find they change there armys regular and will also change there tactics regular so you posting this nonesense just shows how little some people who post here actually
    know how to play the game, Prince is a decent player and i think he would be a bit dissapointed in you to think that he does not ever change is tactics or that he is so stupid to play the same style every time he plays you. Also your tactics to defeat Prince are also not correct since most people play with the CWB rules which means 8 max cav so people do not Cav spam like you have done wth armenia you have 12 cav and absolutely no infantry, the all idear with rules in games is to prevent people picking these sort of ridiculose armys and that people pick a variety of untis consisting of Cavalry, Infantry, and missle units so the game play is good and equal, sorry far being a bit negative about your post but this really makes you look like you cannot play the game, Some new players who read this "Strategy Guide" might actually think its a good idear to follow your example but will find out quickly that most games will not allow this behaviour online since i would say at least 90% follow the CWB rules
    Last edited by DeerHunter; January 12, 2009 at 06:39 AM.

Ok, I'll tell you that posting that is no use, because I'm not even going to read it. Your posts are so completely unreadable.

Njord's Avatar Civis

At no point did Selifator say to use the same army, he simply said to practice with an attack orientated army and stop only reacting defensively to your opponent. Which is pretty much the best advice anyone can give. A lot of people tend to play defensively, allowing their opponent to control the flow of the game and lose the initiative, therefore he merely probes you and reacts on your mistakes.

Regarding CWB its not even ballanced in the slightest. If you actually believe elephants, artillery and a cavalry maximum are the main problems in the game you are sorely, sorely mistaken.

Playing a rule set that disallows artillery and elephants that can be EASILY countered, while boosting chariot use and actually allowing the most pathetic variation of archer, chariot armies is idiocy incarnate.

In your opinion Njord but 90% of the community agree that cwb is not perfect but probablythe best we have

ok
    Last edited by DeerHunter; January 12, 2009 at 06:42 AM.

Njord's Avatar Civis

My opinion simply can't be bloody countered because that is the reason CWB rules don't work, because when some of you get annoyed at losing, you spam a chariot army and expect recognition for skill and being great. On top of that a hell of a lot of clanners actually ban chariots on top of CWB rules.

So the idea is if you can't beat it, ban it?

And in doing so you lot think this gives you the right to cry "we r teh pwn" and brag about skill. Haha.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast