Thread: 1143 v1.1 released!

Default 1143 v1.1 released!

1143 v1.1 released!

1143 is a mod about Reconquista that focuses in Iberian Peninsula and North Africa, starting in 1143 and concluding in 1492.

The features include a completely new map with 46 conquerable regions, six playable factions (Kingdom of Portugal, Kingdom of Castile & Leon, Crown of Aragon, Kingdom of Navarre, the Almohads and the Almoravids), two emergent factions (the Marinids and the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada), new titles, new units, several flags for the same faction, a brand new script, new AI, etc…

For more information, click here.

To begin the download, click here.

Default Re: 1143 v1.1 released!

You need to get this posted under Kingdoms mods.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon10 Re: 1143 v1.1 released!

:hmmm:Wasn't that released ONE YEAR ago?

...so what's new? The mod is nice but I hope you changed a few graphics such as the "Ferrari Formula One" colors of the Almohads.

Looking forward to try a new version

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

I've been looking for a Reconquista mod.

Looks good, I'll have to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    The mod is nice but I hope you changed a few graphics such as the "Ferrari Formula One" colors of the Almohads.

Sorry, but the textures are the same. I'm not an expert on Photoshop .

I've been playing as Navarre and I think the mod is quite good. Really stable, not too flashy with the features but enough to keep it interesting. I like the different settlement names by culture and little stuff like that. Decent unit variety. All in all quite a sound little mod. Get it up under the kingdoms mods so the word gets out.

Well done.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Boicote View Post

Sorry, but the textures are the same. I'm not an expert on Photoshop .

Great looking mod. I'm no expert in Photoshop either but I'm pretty good. If you want a few things done let me know. Great job on the release looks very promising.

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    Great looking mod. I'm no expert in Photoshop either but I'm pretty good. If you want a few things done let me know. Great job on the release looks very promising.

y
    Oh yes please help'em! This mod is well done, balanced and all but they lack new graphics. I checked for the almohads and infortunately the checker is right. It could be enhanced.
    I prefer the "modern" moroccan flag:

This is a really good mod. I don't think the graphics are all that bad. I was playing the new baltics mod from the Lithuania people and I found it far more objectionable there that they did not have a blood mod or a dirt/dust mod, despite the individual unit graphics being top notch. That and the initial crash problem with that mod turned me off. I downloaded the fix over there and might try it again, but the pristine-looking units are a bit of a put-off any more.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    Oh yes please help'em! This mod is well done, balanced and all but they lack new graphics. I checked for the almohads and infortunately the checker is right. It could be enhanced.
    I prefer the "modern" moroccan flag:

Yes the checkerd is correct. It is featured on my own shield in Dominatio Mundi. Boicote is happy with his mod and so am I. He has done some great work and since his mod is very historical I doubt he would want to use the Moroccan falg. . Here is my shield for Dominatio Mundi, second from left.

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

OK for the checkers,

btw I always thought this was a nice mod and a great work too. If not, I wouldn't waste my time trying to suggest improvement. I prefer NOT to discuss mods I don't like (and sometimes despise), at least not publicly

I like this one it just needs some graphic enhancement. I'm so accustomed to BC's ultimate graphics! On that matter I prefer your Almohad coat of arms (checker+crescent below) rather than the mod's flag which is too "clean" IMO.

I also noticed a "name" issue: many people here and elsewhere are asking for a Reconquista mod and they didn't find this one because of its name, 1143, which is very "historical" but not significant. Just add "Reconquista" and web browsers (and TW fans) will find it! Note that I redirected to 1143 everybody who asked me about a reconquista mod.

Big Pacha, I’m really glad that you liked the mod . And thanks for redirecting people who are looking a Reconquista mod . I decided to avoid the word “Reconquista” because there are several projects with that name (even for M1TW).
    Indeed, the BC's textures are really awesome . Some rumors say that there are people working on a mini mod for 1143 with new textures....
    I chose the chequered flag for the Almohads because, according to this site, it was used by the rulers of Morocco between the 11th and the 13th centuries. According to same source, it’s the oldest known flag of Morocco.
    I think that y2day chose both symbols (checker+crescent below) because his mod has a generic Moorish faction that represents all the dynasties that ruled Morocco in the medieval time.

I hope this "mini mod" will come soon as a 1.2 patch for 1143.
    I'm OK with the flags basic design, just wanted something more "medieval" or "rugged" see what I mean? I also made these comments because I may have given the wrong impression that I didn't like 1143, which is a misunderstanding.

Didn't know about these other "reconquista" mods but as far as I know 1143 is the only one with a release. I would suggest that you put the word as a web tag so that the fans will find your mod more easily.

About the jan.2009 release, what are the changes from last year's version?