Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FKOC for Kingdoms - Now available; thanks to Shakesword

Default Re: FKOC for Kingdoms - Now available; thanks to Shakesword

Yay, glad to have been of help.

I must be blind, I can't find the link.

You have to PM Obi Wan Asterix, currently it's the only way.

Obi Wan Asterix can you please post the link

Is there anyone else who has the file besides Obi Wan? I would like to give it a try.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

If they do, they don't visit this sub-forum particulary, sorry old bean.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

I have FKOC 1.5, and I also have three text files: descr_walls, descr_mount and descr_projectile. It's been a long time since I've downloaded these files, so I'm not quite sure what they are, but I think they are the files you're supposed to use when converting the game to Kingdoms. Shakesword uploaded them at one point, but now they're not there anymore. Now I remember that stupid Retrofit mod didn't work for me when I downloaded it.

This freaking forum doesn't allow me to upload things anymore, so I have to do things the hard way. Grrr.

https://www.mediafire.com/?qcc2hd7ujl4p5yq

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Hi all! Sorry for being so late please find a public link here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Ws&usp=sharing
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

How do you install this mod?? Or does it have a self installer?

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli23 View Post
    How do you install this mod?? Or does it have a self installer?
    Extract the for_king_or_country folder to your Medieval II Total War/mods folder. Then, get Guan Ziyang's universal mod launcher and extract it to the FKOC folder. Double click the Launcher application that will then be in your folder. You can now properly launch FKOC. The only issue that I suspect you'll have from there (that which I am suffering) is a crash when you enter a battle.

I cant find exe file when I download King and country, anywhere I can find links , don't work anymore. rapidshare and filefront no good...can you help ? ive tried installing what vi find with no success

Quote Originally Posted by mariesa View Post
    I cant find exe file when I download King and country, anywhere I can find links , don't work anymore. rapidshare and filefront no good...can you help ? ive tried installing what vi find with no success
    The post with the link is three posts up from yours @ mariesa
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Cool. If I only I could get games to work on ing Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Cool. If I only I could get games to work on ing Linux.
    If you want a superb new game for Linux: http://battlebrothersgame.com/

Hi

Installed and it seems to run but I am getting no battle sounds of firing etc. Voice commands are fine. Win 7 64bit

Hmm, that a new one. Go into your data//sounds folder and backu then delete the "events" and "music" .dat/dx files. Your game will regenerate them on startup, that may solve it....

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post
    Hmm, that a new one. Go into your data//sounds folder and backu then delete the "events" and "music" .dat/dx files. Your game will regenerate them on startup, that may solve it....
    Than

ks for suggestion. Did that but no joy - very odd as every other sound is present. Looks like I will just have to have battles without gunfire.

For the record...you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? If it is just gunfire it may be an issue with one of the sound.txt files in the data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post
    For the record...you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? If it is just gunfire it may be an issue with one of the sound.txt files in the data folder.

Deleted it and then re installed. I am having to copy the files/folder in manually as the bat file flashes on screen and appears to do nothing. Cannot see what could be missing as the mod seems to be working fine except for this single issue.Just to clarify do you have a screenshot/confirmation of where the various files should end up that I can check against?

Thanks for your interest

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

sounds not working ... only music ...no sfx