Thread: Stonehenge, gameplay & broken alliances

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Stonehenge, gameplay & broken alliances

Hello, Just tried this mod and despite the need to uninstall/reinstall/rename RTW vanilla (ATW not "foldered") it's pretty cool. Great units, big british map, etc.

3 questions/remarks:

1-Stonehenge: the graphic is wrong, you took the golden statue of Zeus instead of the Stone Circle!
    2- Financial: some "big" factions like Arthur's one begin with a huuuuge (-27000!). I guess this is an error, it should be +27000. I already changed that in descr_strat.txt. Other factions like that?
    3- Alliances: palying tha Engles I get systematically backstabbed by my so-called allies the Saxons and Eotains: Is it considered normal? Do I have to "clean" them up. Hope not quite unrealistic IMO.

I'd like to fix that myself (except alliances) tell me how I'll do it and post the hotfix, specially Stonehenge. Not important just looks silly to see Zeus here.

Default Re: Stonehenge, gameplay & broken alliances

2. Errr, you mean really begin? Then that must be a bug, I played with Dyfneint with the latest version of the mod, and started with +20K. However, it did drop to -20K within two turns due to upkeep, but that's another story

3. Aaaah, the infamous Rome - Total War diplomacy (or better said, lack thereof ). It is hardcoded, and, as far as I know, cannot be modded If it really bothers you, don't play on very hard. But there are actually some very neat strategical advantages if you take your fellow Germans out (mainly if you play Saxons, but with Angles too)

Default Re: Stonehenge, gameplay & broken alliances

I think you have an incorrect install.

All the versions of ATW I have played have the correct graphic for Stonehenge.

Likewise all the factions start on a positive treasury. Very quickly drops to negative, but doesn't start there.

Diplomacy is not an RTW strongpoint. All factions will backstab you....as for historically accurate, at that time Saxons, Jutes, Angles ( and anyone else ) would dislike each other. Just because they are all "Germanics" [ surely a 19th Century historical invention ] doesn't mean they like each other.

If you want to 'cheat' there is a 'force diplomacy' mod on the forum here ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182603)
    Last edited by Nicodemus; January 09, 2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Link