Thread: Post your empire!

Default Post your empire!

Use this post to show your empire!

I've ended my first game with the new release with the Saxons. It was difficult at the start, but after the things were much easier .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

By 493, the situation it was this;
    I destroyed the angles, and I pushed out the Jutes of denmark and now they're a type of Swedish faction .
    The Slavs are still powerful and they are constantly attacking me.
    The frisians were destroyed by the Franks, and now the Franks are trying to penetrate to frisia, fortunately with my forts I have stopped them.
    The WRE haven't disappear from france like in the beta, which is a good thing.
    The Romano British now have problems vs the north peoples, and I managed to destroy them.
    The Picts are powerful.
    The Visigoths haven't penetrated into Africa, which was a problem of previous betas.
    The best thing is that the Kingdom of Odoacer is in trouble, like it should be. He has lost territory and the Vandals have conquered Barium which is a bit wiered considering that is a bit far from sicily, but perhaps they have bribed it.
    Another good thing I have noted is the disembarkments, the Frisians disembarked in england, the angles in sweden, the jutes in sweden, in previous games the burgundii in corsica, the suebians in gaul , etc. This makes a change in the way of playing and it makes feel you that the AI is clever.
    And lastly, the Alamanni haven't disappeared like always, and the Vandals haven't conquered the whole of africa which also it was happening....

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Default Re: Post your empire!

Hey Boz,

I'm very happy to see this mod! I've just downloaded and installed it, once I've carved myself a nice empire I'll post it here.

Big thanks for the mod + rep
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Visitor13 came to TWC for the wafers

Any pics with WRE? Im interested in how this might go.

I am going to start my campaign as Vandals, or Kingdom of Odoacer This mod is really interesting

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

My Frankish campaign got crashed by a bug (don't laugh please) but then my Angle campaign goes so well (after a very slow start but hey that's 4tpy ) that I seriously consider an AAR.

I'm still allied with Saxon & Jute "cousins" (hey we're all Danes after all, arrrh!) unlike some treacherous saxon player
    I submitted independent Danish tribes (Unite!) & defended my British strongholds before crossing the Sea with a large invasion army. Those Romano-Britons are hard nuts to crack but after 2 victories in the Midlands & 2 sieges vs. the survivors all middle Britain is ours. Beware the Picts now...

I have to resolve a screen capture problem first (black screen!) - when It's OK I'll post pics & more, cuz they really quick arse. Anglo-Dane Champions = all Beowulf sons!
    I also loved the general model in battle with his Sutton Hoo style helmet. GREAT.

Last edited by Big Pacha; January 03, 2010 at 12:17 PM.

Started a game as Burgundy now.
    When something happened i´ll give some screens, just to put some live into this mod again

For now i´m attacking visigoths, which is perhaps not that wise, but i had to try not to run out of money...and their cities seem not too good defended. I have concuered one and killed their faction heir *hehe*.

Here you can see my Western Roman Empire in 482 AD:

My first actions were training soldiers in Illyria and erect a happiness building in most cities with the few money I had at the gamestart. Due to the cities loosing inhabitants constantly I could disband some units and even gave up one gallic and one african city to keep public order in other cities with the additional troops. There is simply no way to avoid depts in the WRE campaign.
    Then I collected all available units in the illyrian provinces (except small garrisons) and started a naval invasion to Italy with nearly a full stack. The expedition was led by Julius Nepos himself. First target was the reconquest of Ravenna (the glorious roman capital) from the barbarian usurper Odoacer. After a ten turns long siege the city surrendered without any fight and I declared it to my capital once again. In the meanwhile I have also conquered Asculum, Verona and Aquileia to get the italian provinces linked to the illyrian ones. Now after running 140.000 denarii in dept I finally make 1000 denarii profit per turn.
    On the army panell you can see the troops loaded in my single Trireme left. The next target is Rome itself. Will land the force near Asculum and march on land to the city. After this conquest I should make some thousands denarii more per turn and get out of dept in 490 AD hopefully.
    But don´t know how long I can hold my african provinces cause the Vandals have declared war on me. Thank god I have not any problem in my gallic provinces so far. All quiet and no factions at war with me. But the Alemanni made some good progress against the Franks. They might think about attacks on my low garrisoned cities in the future. But with their new declared war on the Thuringians they will hopefully be busy some time.

ps. where are the pictures of the other players? This is only the second empire-pic during the whole year?
    Last edited by Xerrop; December 12, 2010 at 11:30 AM.

Interesting campaign, you have made a good progress. But gosh, what a debt, you've got to sack a lot of cities to recover the money .

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS