Thread: Units you want to see

Default Units you want to see

I'm interested in feedback regarding any units which people liked so much in TTW that they would like them to feature in some form in Aristeia as well.

Keep in mind that all heroes, generals and elite units will be new for Aristeia.

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Units you want to see

I'd really like to see the Spartoi, dragon teeth worriers that was mentioned in the first update

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

Though, to answer your question regarding ttw units () I quite liked the trojan armourd spearman (the name escapes me) even if they are based on the 2004 movie. They where my favorit feature of the movie, and your mod.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

The Spartoi will be in, don't worry.

Yes, I'm looking forward to making that one.

I liked the chariots a lot - please can they not have the symbol of the Britons on the back though!

We thought that the heavy chariots unbalanced the game too much in the origional where the player could spam large unbeatable armies of them and the computer would often hardly use them at all. Each faction will have a chariot archer unit, however the emphasis of the fighting will be on the infantry like in the iliad.

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

I'd like to see the greek mercenaries make a come back

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang View Post
    We thought that the heavy chariots unbalanced the game too much in the origional where the player could spam large unbeatable armies of them and the computer would often hardly use them at all. Each faction will have a chariot archer unit, however the emphasis of the fighting will be on the infantry like in the iliad.
    I agree - my point was more about their looks than them as a unit

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

I had another play through on ttw the other day, and for the first time played as Lydia (normally I hate them because by the time I get to Troy, they've either taken over already, or beaten Troy to the point of death.)
    I'd really like to see some of their later units, they had awesome amour/shields.
    Are you going for that same look for the Maiones? Or did you pick that look so they would be similar to the Trojan movie units?

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolos View Post
    I had another play through on ttw the other day, and for the first time played as Lydia (normally I hate them because by the time I get to Troy, they've either taken over already, or beaten Troy to the point of death.)
    I'd really like to see some of their later units, they had awesome amour/shields.
    Are you going for that same look for the Maiones? Or did you pick that look so they would be similar to the Trojan movie units?
    I always run after Troy within the first 40 turns. My empire usually becomes a detached mess , but still...

romy's Avatar Semisalis

If you're going to make the units like the ones in the film , it will be a really great immersion!
    Certainly when I see the quality of the other units previewed!
    Are you going to base you on the units of the film , of the books?Or maybe of the 2?

Quote Originally Posted by romy View Post
    If you're going to make the units like the ones in the film , it will be a really great immersion!
    Certainly when I see the quality of the other units previewed!
    Are you going to base you on the units of the film , of the books?Or maybe of the 2?
    We will not be including film units. TTW covers that.

I should also say that some of the units from TTW will be 'refitted' for use in Aristeia (like the Enterprise A in star trek lol) but these will not be Troy movie units.