Thread: I bought Victoria

Indefinitely Banned

Default I bought Victoria

It should be arriving in the next couple of days.
    I know this game is fantasticaly complicated, so is there any helpful advice TWC can give me?

I intend to play as Belgium first off.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default Re: I bought Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by The Super Pope View Post
    It should be arriving in the next couple of days.
    I know this game is fantasticaly complicated, so is there any helpful advice TWC can give me?

I intend to play as Belgium first off.
    I would say report any difficulties you've got here and we'll be glad to help. It's confusing at first but becomes intuitive after a while.

Belgium a good country to start off as. But you're at war with the Netherlands when you start.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I would say Brazil is a great country to start out with. A commanding position in South America with very little threat of invasion except from the european enclaves. I remember the dutch repeatedly kept on trying to murdalize me and failing...they will benefit from better literacy and therefore technology for a time however...though if you play your cards right you can get a whole buttload of immigration being in the Americas. You have to work hard to build factories though. But that's a whole discussion of it's own.

Start with Texas. You might as well just make things as difficult as possible from the very beginning. Getting crushed builds character.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

This helped me a lot, but it's not the gospel. It doesn't apply to Ricky, but it helped me get started in my Vicky experience.

http://www.paradoxian.org/vickywiki/...ng_New_Players

Indefinitely Banned

Had a brief shufti yesterday, I'll write about my experiences when I have had more time