Thread: MMORPGs [I Am Herenow vs. Viking Prince] Commentary

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Default MMORPGs [I Am Herenow vs. Viking Prince] Commentary

The place to discuss and comment on this debate. I was foolish and waited for a mod to do this when I was perfectly capable myself. Call me lazy but it is done now. It might be a bit late now, but if anybody wants to throw out a comment or two, I would appreciate it.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Civitate

Default Re: MMORPGs [I Am Herenow vs. Viking Prince] Commentary

I have no problem with this, in future feel free to make them if I am not around for a while [I.e. suspended as I was before]

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ЯoMe kb8 View Post
    I have no problem with this, in future feel free to make them if I am not around for a while [I.e. suspended as I was before]
    I was kicking myself and not blaming you. Sorry if not clear.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

An interesting approach to MMORPGS. The premise is:
    1) They are addictive
    2) They take up far too much of people's time.

I'm not sure how one approaches those arguments. "Addictive" need to be defined and addressed in this context. I think it could be substantiated for most people as being a legitimate concern. As far as "taking up far too much time" I think that is more of a relative observation. Obviously, from the point of view of an addict, they don't take up "too much" time.

I've played 'em all, just about. At least, the big ones released in the USA. I started with the AOL version of Neverwinter Nights which, I may add, is nothing like the current incarnation, and did my stints in EQ, AO, SWG, DDO, WOW (still have a subscription but haven't played in months) and several others I'm forgetting about along with co-op games like Diablo, etc.. I enjoy those games but, I'm not an addict. However, I know MANY people who have altered their lives and been negatively effected by their desire to play these games to the point of distraction and seemingly abnormal behavior. I could surely see that these people could be classified as "addicts." The fact that there exists many sites which help "addicts" recover and offer support for the victims of these addicts would seem to support that conclusion as well.

I have no problem with MMORPGS in my opinion the way you use your time is how you want to. Sit around all day, who cares? It's your life if you want to screw it up go right ahead.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "