Thread: How to take multiple screens with just Paint

Default How to take multiple screens with just Paint

I thought i'd write this since there are a lot of people who think u can't make an AAR without Fraps or programs like that . First of all , turn your Anti-Aliasing off (Video Options i think) Now , when you take a pic with paint , it won't be black . If u have done this , try playing a custom battle and take as many (interesting) shots(with PrntScrn button) as possible . Go back to your destkop and open your RTW Folder (C:/ProgramFiles/Activision(or The Creative Assembly , Sega) Now , in your RTW Folder , there should be a file called 'tgas' . If u open this , all the pics u took in your custom battle (and maybe some older ones) should be there . If you don't have Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro/... you'll have to open it with PictureViewer .. Now , since u can't do anything with this , you gotta take another PrintScreen and then open Paint ..Here, press CTRL+V (=Paste) , select the part u wanna see , and then copy this (CTRL+C) . Now open a new file , and press CTRL+V again(so actually , all u did was remove the unnecessary parts and paste the actual battle/campaign map in a new folder) Save your file . Now you need to host it , so you can put it on TWcenter , or any site u want. To host your pic , go to http://www.Imageshack.us and there press this button : (this is dutch)

now press 'host it

There are other sites , but this one is one of the best .. Another good site is www.imagehost.com

Now , after loading , u should get a lot of links .. U gotta copy this one :

So , 'Hotlink for Forums'

Then paste this in a new post , and repeat if u want more pics in your post.

Cheers , and good luck with the AAR's!

Pope Ginyu
    Last edited by PopePopo; December 14, 2008 at 11:11 AM.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default Re: How to take multiple screens with just Paint

Ummm... I'm quite sure plenty of people know about this method, and actually, it's not taking a picture with Paint, you have to use the Print Screen key. There is no way you can take a screenshot using Paint alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Dragnesi View Post
    Ummm... I'm quite sure plenty of people know about this method, and actually, it's not taking a picture with Paint, you have to use the Print Screen key. There is no way you can take a screenshot using Paint alone.
    oh , right , a little mistake in title Anyway , i don't know a lot of people who use this method .. But it's just for those who don't know this ..

Manoflooks's Avatar Senator

a question., so far, the only way i could upload screenies was if i pressed prnt screen, minimized the game(time waster), pasted it into paint, save it, and then go back to the game. a very slow way, andi had to do that for each pic. i cant upload tgas to these sites. does this solve that problem?
    Men plan.

Fatelaughs.

See my AAR, From Kingdom to Empire-An Ottoman AAR

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Download a program such as FRAPS to handle you screenshots for you and don't have to convert from TGA or turn off AA.

Beuniff's Avatar Laetus

I took pics after turning anti-aliasing off, but I still get nothing but black pics in the tgas. What may be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Beuniff View Post
    I took pics after turning anti-aliasing off, but I still get nothing but black pics in the tgas. What may be the problem?
    have you put your Anti-Aliasing to 'None' instad of 'Low' ? If so , try restarting a new campaign since i think it's not save compatible .. Or just try restarting RTW ( not reinstalling ) , and then try another battle ..

Quote Originally Posted by Manoflooks View Post
    a question., so far, the only way i could upload screenies was if i pressed prnt screen, minimized the game(time waster), pasted it into paint, save it, and then go back to the game. a very slow way, andi had to do that for each pic.[ i cant upload tgas to these sites. does this solve that problem?
    " i cant upload tgas to these sites"
    About this , this is explained in his "tutorial" .. If you have PictureViewer , that's enough .. You can just take another Prntscreen from your pictureviewer , save it in paint and then upload it

@ MarcusAureliusAntonius : This certainly is the easy way , but this tutorial is made for people who don't have Fraps or don't wanna buy/download it ..

Grtz
    Last edited by popeginyu; December 15, 2008 at 10:10 AM.

Beuniff's Avatar Laetus

"Have you put your Anti-Aliasing to 'None' instad of 'Low' ? If so , try restarting a new campaign since i think it's not save compatible .. Or just try restarting RTW ( not reinstalling ) , and then try another battle .."

Thanks, but I didn't try out, rather downloaded fraps.
    I got a tons of pics already, and ready with the plans/ideas for my first ARR. I'll start to post it soon!