Thread: I got an Idea for a new AAR...

I was thinking that If, when, I complete my historical Roman Empire that I could post an AAR detailing, not the battles, not the rise to power, but a tale of the Economic activity because I take a 45 min turn.
    5 Minute' for Battle,
    5 Over viewing the training of my New Legions,
    then 35 minutes to overview building and economic/happiness levels.
    and It's starting to get kinda boring just doing that every turn for 50 turns.

So I thought I could post a report like the Economic adviser for the Emporer. ?

PS- This is the map. (Yes I hit continue playing)

PS- I am currently at war with Egypt and Armenia which are allied against me and Pontus. WW(-1) Hehe, the War to start all wars.

UPDATE
    (Sorry I just needed 1 more post to get to 100)
    Last edited by Legio; January 06, 2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: double post by same user
    Passing on to describe the way in which Napoleon employed ‘principles’ or ‘ingredients’ for the prosecution of War, it must from the outset be understood that his strategical and tactical systems followed no closely ruled pattern. Every operation was unique; no two were ever quite the same. However, the underlying every Campaign and battle were certain fundamental, which were applied according to circumstances.
    ‘Strategy is the art of making use of Time and Space,’ wrote the Emperor”

-from the Campaigns of Napoleon by David G. Chandler, Pages 161-162

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: I got an Idea for a new AAR...

Merged double posts.

Lol, sorry I needed to upgrade, and I didn't think an edit counted, thank you
    Passing on to describe the way in which Napoleon employed ‘principles’ or ‘ingredients’ for the prosecution of War, it must from the outset be understood that his strategical and tactical systems followed no closely ruled pattern. Every operation was unique; no two were ever quite the same. However, the underlying every Campaign and battle were certain fundamental, which were applied according to circumstances.
    ‘Strategy is the art of making use of Time and Space,’ wrote the Emperor”

-from the Campaigns of Napoleon by David G. Chandler, Pages 161-162

Manoflooks's Avatar Senator

Coulda posted somewhere else for the new post.

I dont think this is a good idea.Most arent that interested in an economy aar, it would probably be a better idea to write a guide about what you do.
    Men plan.

Fatelaughs.

See my AAR, From Kingdom to Empire-An Ottoman AAR

So I thought I could post a report like the Economic adviser for the Emporer. ?
    This sounds like a nice idea. I like new things to experiment with.
    Make sure to include intrigue, backstabbing, treachery and other of those cyberdrama stuff to keep it exciting.

Manoflooks's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    This sounds like a nice idea. I like new things to experiment with.
    Make sure to include intrigue, backstabbing, treachery and other of those cyberdrama stuff to keep it exciting.

If you write a story to go along with it, with the things Power mentioned it would work well, but that would definetely be necessary.
    Men plan.

Fatelaughs.

See my AAR, From Kingdom to Empire-An Ottoman AAR