Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: sparta_total_war_III, screenies thread.

Default Re: sparta_total_war_III, screenies thread.

love the archers too! cant wait for this mod

thanks, here are a couple of [alex] javelinem skirmishers
    sparta

athens
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Kleomenis's Avatar Semisalis

good looking units. i like especially the greek clothes they wear!

thanks mate, there is a lot more detail than the screenie shows, you will notice it more in game.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

very nice
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

i cant wait for this

thanks, nearly finished the units and the new map is well under way

whats the ETA for this mod? looks great btw.

ETA when the map is done, maybe a couple of weeks or less even.

as far as units go, the slingers are done, just the rest of the greek swordsmen left to do.

Looks good quetzl .. map shouldn't take long , just descr_strat file , and if that's done and i haven't done anything wrong in .tga files , it should be releasable

thats great theo, i can’t wait to play the full version myself. i have resisted beta testing too much so as to enjoy the full product.

good luck with the coding! i know what a nightmare it can be.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Great work from both of you guys. I am ready to start beta testing the new stuff
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

hi agi,

well i could upload the final mapless version in a couple of days, but we may as well wait until the map is done.

you will see a few general unit improvements too [graphical], not just the new units.

btw, i was in the library the other day, and i read about some kind of small balista [sounded a bit like a scorpion] that the greeks had. its name meant shield piercer or something, but i cant remember the name.

i am wondering if i could make it just by scaling the ballista. i would make a new skeleton of course, so we kept the old one too.

just a though

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

since we mostly want the people to use hoplites in battles adding it, might made the AI to recrut it a lot. i can wait the beta with the map
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

yeah true, i could make it expensive and take 2 turns to build, but no we do want it to be mainly infantry battles.

No we don't I think beating phalanxes is easier with cavalry support ..

theo

yeah ok so no more missiles! i may yet give the archers missiles an accuracy value, so they are not so powerful. ..or just make them weaker?

Hmm .. Instead of doing that , i would think you make them more expensive or so .. i'm sorry , i misunderstood your prvious posts I thought you wanted less cavalry , instad of archers . but making archers expensive should be good

no i meant i would make archers lightly less effective. cav will remain as they are, we have mainly infantry units of 60 [base number] and they are strong, so the ai will only build a few for each army [hopefully].

AI sucks i think archers should be less effective , you can always change it for yourself