Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: sparta_total_war_III, screenies thread.

Default Re: sparta_total_war_III, screenies thread.

hmm that would look good with white, i could make a metalic bronze a little like the spatan ones yes?

so you don’t like the idea of white or red then?
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

No, I don't like the blue or the red shields
    And Athens has a lot of all white units already.

you don’t like my lovely red shield! blasphemy!

mind you we do have red spartans and cretans already
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

i would love the blue shields. besides athenians were great sailors and blue and every kind of blue was a colour they liked (plus the white of course). since spartans used a lot of red, they would avoid red shields
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

agi

oh! well if it was the colour they used then so be it, i can make it lighter i think that would look better. so not white then?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    thanks theo!

to everyone...

small problem, what colour do i do athenians? at the moment they are light blue and white, which most people use, i have seen images of them being white and red ~ if i take this option i can easily make all the new units. if i make them blue then the shields will look like this...

or a red shield

i can make the shields white or gold also, both of these would go with any colour scheme. white is very very difficult to re-colour them as, most colour tools change the colour or remove it in which case i get grey. so to make them white i must make a new template shield and copy the detail pixel by pixel almost, although i think it would look good and i enjoy a challenge.

so whats it to be, what colour would you prefer them, whatever you choose they will be mainly white, the colour will just be for touches and shields.

?
    i would like the blue one, kind of always thought that was their colour

yeah i think so too, thanks for your input! i am still wondering about white leather though with same design or other, the units have other parts blue.

but if its blue you all want then thats what you will get.

Content Emeritus

Quetz how about around 60% blue, 40% white shields? I got this from a very reliable source

ha, what tomato sauce? seriously where? hmm i could do an inner circle white, at least then i wouldn’t have to work around all those intricate designs around the edge!

sounds good to me.

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Why the hell are the hoplites underhanded. STUPID!

because of the way the phalanx works [and i like it like that] in the game, it also looks wrong to me when they don’t fight in tight formation [as with the overhead skeleton]. as i have said, the overhead phalanx skeleton is in the mod if anyone want to use its just a case of replacing a few lines in the DMB.

if you think you can do better feel free to make a mod almost on your own!

ok here are a few of the new units, a big thanks to the XGM team for the models!

dacian noble falx, with new scale leather armour i made! hmm i think i shall redo the eyes.

new athenians, the athenians now have their own hoplite units so that there are now many different kinds of greek hoplite types.

Content Emeritus

Loving the swordsmen!

they are pretty much as xgm i just recoloured the clothes a tad and gave them new shields. so credit goes to them mainly.

Nice units !

thanks, its only the swordsmen which are almost the same as xgm bar the shields, i did a lot of work on the others.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Cool units. thanks XGM team and nice work Quetz
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

i love these armored ones! amazing!

thanks mediteran! the screenie doesn’t show the detail i added to the armour as i made it for making unit cards. when you see them in game you will see all the work i done.

cant wait i know they are going to be amazing