Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: sparta_total_war_III, screenies thread.

Default Re: sparta_total_war_III, screenies thread.

thanks houndy

when my new pc comes i’ll get some faction screens up with full stack armies in battle, then people will hopefully see why i chose RTW [with its underhand phalanx] over BI [shield wall phalanx]. i think that with the units spaced as 1.2 wide by 2 depth, this format will make the battles far more epic.

new crete banner, the old one was a bit dark. i am wondering if i should put a symbol or a greek letter at the bottom of the long banner? all ideas welcome.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

The Greek letter "gamma" can recal the image of the taurus above, even if "gamma" is the symbol of Aries in the zodiac. What about "something" showing a Greek Palace, to refer to the Palace of Cnossus...? (and maybe add the palace as a wonder or a building giving special improvements...?)

ayeaye Sir
    Last edited by margio; March 19, 2009 at 07:00 AM.

thanks margio, i’ll add ‘gamma’ to the image and will consider the palace ~ i’ll see what it looks like, as banners would be cloth like flags, so they probably have to much detail already.

at the moment all buildings are the same, i have done this to streamline the ai to make all factions more equal, what kind of improvements are you thinking of? if i add any then i would do so for all factions, though i may upgrade the spartans so they have better trained new recruits. anything like this can easily just make a faction too strong, whereas i have done all i can to make a game that you can loose.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

I found this picture, that of course it’s a reconstruction, but I think that is too much for the faction banner… maybe as building icon
    Concerning improvements I thought to:
    * increase of law, health, happiness (due to the increased government level, even if I didn’t think to it as an additional level of government building).
    * increase of trade and taxes (due to the increased “civilization” level, maybe connected with level of markets, roads, ports, and specifically for Crete could allow more fleets)
    By the way, if possible, both for all owned settlements by the faction itself.
    That can be improved for all factions, avoiding uber factions. I don’t know all the factions playable , but for Egypt could be the Pharaon’s Palace or a specific Temple, for Athens the Agorà, for Barbarians a kind of Code of Laws or a Dolmen/Menhir location, etc…
    I think anyway that the best should be a mix of trades/law/happiness improvement in all settlements, increasing fleets where available and decreasing unhappiness due to distance form capital and or for the capture of the town.

ayeaye Sir

* increase of law, health, happiness (due to the increased government level, even if I didn’t think to it as an additional level of government building).
    * increase of trade and taxes (due to the increased “civilization” level, maybe connected with level of markets, roads, ports, and specifically for Crete could allow more fleets)
    download the mod then you will see what i have done. i have simplified the whole thing and made it the same for all factions and maxed out the stats for all buildings to make the ai more aggressive. i have also removed all population bonuses so the cities don’t overpopulate so much.

would crete have more fleets than e.g. athens or persia? maybe we can have the highest buildings for naval based factions ~ not a bad idea that.

all factions are now playable.

all cities will be very happy, though i am thinking of localising units e.g. so you cant build city hoplites outside of there cities. thing is i hate playing it like that as you have to keep moving units everywhere.

nice pic. i will think about this as i do have to do something with the buildings or else there is no point in building the larger ones.

We could add some hidden resources And maybe add some mercs that will look like the original city hoplites , but ofcourse less effective

i also suggest we give a lot of moving points

hi theo,

i have made some heavy merc hoplites but they are different to the faction specific hoplites.

would it sound mad if i said i would prefer less movement points if anything? i have added more before and it just makes getting around the map to quick so you can have provinces everywhere. i tend to try to be god like that ~ such is the nature of total war . secondly i am not so keen on sieges, they werent so common in this era yet in game they happen more than field battles. slower movements mean armies are in the field longer!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Nice Crete banner, I will definitely play as Crete Quetz.:

actually i will play as crete, it has nice units equal to the spartans and has a unique position on the map. i can attack anyone from there, get a good navy up and attack persia at its week points etc etc.

after i have played as sparta of course, oh and athens and corinth, maybe epirus etc

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    after i have played as sparta of course, oh and athens and corinth, maybe epirus etc
    i will play Crete after i play Sparta. i wanna have fun invading cities that are weakly defended.
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    download the mod then you will see what i have done. i have simplified the whole thing and made it the same for all factions and maxed out the stats for all buildings to make the ai more aggressive. i have also removed all population bonuses so the cities don’t overpopulate so much.
    … if the mod could be downloaded … The link to 1.0c (is it the last or I didn’t see/find the right link…?) is not working, saying that the file was deleted by the uploader, as the other releases.

would crete have more fleets than e.g. athens or persia? maybe we can have the highest buildings for naval based factions ~ not a bad idea that.
    Athens created a naval power and Rome started from nothing building huge fleets for the 1st Punic War. I think that there are two choices: one is the increase of little ships sailing between the ports (by Fleets Available by building), the other to make Palace/Temple/Barbarian Location increasing trades connected with specific port level for naval based and specific market/roads level for non naval based.

ayeaye Sir

hi agi, liking the avatar, yeah crete is awesome for those of us who like to play god.

sorry margio, here’s a link to beta 1.0d

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...77#post4740377

i’ll look into buildings, thanks for the input.

As for the movement points , i would like to tell you that the map will be much bigger than the one right now , so the amount of movement points may be enlarged

hi theo, yeah i thought so, i wont change anything unless i need to ~ we’ll see what happens in beta testing.

what do you think about giving the spartans more experience points in the EDB file? they may already be too powerful, i could make them take an extra year to build to compensate. i can imagine that a single stack would go a long way ~ but we dont really want that do we.

Well , i suggest we make them pretty strong and detailed , after all , it is SPARTA TW You could kill them with horse archers

can you! are the hs archers overpowered? the kings guard already have been resized to 512 [double skin size of vanilla], cant get more detail than that. well not unless i scaled everything up, but then many computers wouldnt run it.

hmm i’ll look into the stats, so far i have shied away from giving the player which would just overpower everyone else, as its a bit laim. i try a few things out and weaken those archers if needs be, though they did have composite bows so they should be quite strong.

Hey people what is going on with mod?

Sparta 3 will be released in a few days Myth will be totaly reworked ..

Thanks for quick answer!

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

can't wait for Sparta III
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'