Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: BC: Baltic crusades 1.2 download thread

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: HOT! "BALTIC CRUSADES 1.0" REALISE!

where do you install this? I dont get any shortcut when i install baltic crusades... only dlv teutonic which is just vanilla.
    I think I followed the given instructions, even reinstalled the whole game just to get a clean mtw2. please help

Aguirre, first install dlv teutonic (download http://files.filefront.com/DLV+Teuto.../fileinfo.html) than dlv teutonic update 1.2 (download http://files.filefront.com/DLV+Teuto.../fileinfo.html). affter that go in C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_teutonic_knights\data\ui (my path is D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_teutonic_knights\data\ui (depend where you install game)) and delete 3 files: strategy.sd, battle.sd, shared.sd. After that instal Baltic Crusades on path C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_teutonic_knights (in my case D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_teutonic_knights). After that start game from dlv shortcut "DLV Teutonic Knights 1.2" and enjoy the game. Cheers m8

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Joe View Post
    well arent you fortunate. I made peace with the Lithuanians and for some reason poland and novgorod accepted my proposals for a alliance and better yet both declared war on lithuania. I quickly launched a mighty offensive against the lithuanians and slaughtered them as novgorod and poland diverted their main stacks. Now i wonder who shall i attack next? Poland or Novgorod or the Mongols?
    poland is weak, I would go for them.

Werner von Urslingen's Avatar Civis

Hi guys!

The CTDs seems to be campaign related, but for me they do not only occur during sieges. For example, a CTD occurs if you (Teutons) are attacking the small rebel village in the north of Riga, with the teutonic garrison of Riga.

I guess it is related both to the garrison script and to the winter/summer traits of named characters.

However, this mod is really a great piece of art and fun to play! Thank you team!
    Last edited by Werner von Urslingen; January 04, 2009 at 10:06 AM.

romy's Avatar Semisalis

hey it looks great!
    but I don't understand , is this mod a ne teutonic campaign or like the old lithuanian mod , the vanilla game with the lithuanians added on the map?
    And why do we need DLV?

Thanks in advance

I'm having the same problem wich I had with previous Beta versions. After installing evrything like instructions says, I find only those Lithuanian units wich are included in DLV, Novgorod in custum battles can recruit only ballista and catapult, while in campaign game - vanilla units. Any suggestions? Maybe it is like that because of total mess in my Medieval folder? But after reinstalling game problem remains. Maybe registry cleaning or windows reinstall could help but for now, I would appreciate not to reinstall them... So any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by romy View Post
    hey it looks great!
    but I don't understand , is this mod a ne teutonic campaign or like the old lithuanian mod , the vanilla game with the lithuanians added on the map?
    And why do we need DLV?

Thanks in advance
    its a mod based on the dlv teutonic campaign!

true born lithuanian: check if you installed the mod in the correct folder!!
    the default path was incorrect for me, as i have my games installed on a different harddrive.

and btw someone said he removed the garrison script, did this help the ctd issue?
    Last edited by Roboute Guilliman; January 04, 2009 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexej View Post
    I tried 5 custom battle sieges, with full stacks of soldiers on huge setting, working without problems. So the bug here is without doubt campaign related, and i bet that garrison script causes this :hmmm:
    i removed the garrison script but i still get ctd in sieges so its something else

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Joe View Post
    i removed the garrison script but i still get ctd in sieges so its something else
    and u started new campaign? then that`s pretty bad, now we dont know what`s causing this :-/ someone should find solution i want to play my amazing looking Novgorod and Lithuania and Teutons

what I am sure of its a couple of units which cause the ctd during a siege.

one which i can surely can confirm is the baltic spearmen. (maybe by switching textures with another unit might we get this to work?)
    send in the beginning a baltic spearman unit against any city, it will ctd while loading battle

Oskar_GT's Avatar Civis
    Quetzaltenango city, Guatemala, Central America

Quote Originally Posted by alexej View Post
    Oskar_GT i have SS6.2 beta installed and this mod works for me with reskinned units. Are u running Baltic Crusades with dlv_teutonic_knights.bat ?
    Did u allowed ur computer to rewrite protected/read only files during installation?
    Yep, Alexej, thanx for you replay, i did all that, and after other 2 atempts to install the mod properly, finaly i realize what the problem is. And this is for all the latin/spanish windows based system users: the DVL T.K use the path "archivos de pregrama SEGA M2TW" where the main folder of medieval2 is installed, but the baltic crusades installer choose the path, "program files" in english, automatically. So, to install the mod succesfully, you must brownse the installation path manually and select "SEGA archivos de programa, etc" for the baltic installer, and that's it, you will be able to play Baltic Crusades mod!!!
    "If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me."

Same bug, also tested...

here are batlemodel text

15 estonian_rebels
    1 3
    76 unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Early_Spearmen/baltic_spearmen_lod0.mesh 121
    76 unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Early_Spearmen/baltic_spearmen_lod1.mesh 1225
    76 unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Early_Spearmen/baltic_spearmen_lod2.mesh 9400
    9 lithuania
    89 unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Early_Spearmen/textures/baltic_paded_spearman.texture
    96 unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Early_Spearmen/textures/baltic_paded_spearman_normal.texture
    96 unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Early_Spearmen/unit_sprites/baltic_early_spearman_sprite.spr
    5 slave
    89 unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Early_Spearmen/textures/baltic_paded_spearman.texture
    96 unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Early_Spearmen/textures/baltic_paded_spearman_normal.texture
    96 unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Early_Spearmen/unit_sprites/baltic_early_spearman_sprite.spr
    9 lithuania
    97 unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Early_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/baltic_paded_spear_diff.texture
    97 unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Early_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/baltic_paded_spear_norm.texture 0
    5 slave
    97 unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Early_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/baltic_paded_spear_diff.texture
    97 unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Early_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/baltic_paded_spear_norm.texture 0
    4 None
    10 MTW2_Spear 0
    18 MTW2_Spear_primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

p.s. Mabe it can be also space between units ,or posibly EDU where some baner/voice/officer or weapon info is wrong ,wich trigers only in sieges?

type Estonian Rebels;***
    dictionary Estonian_Rebels ; Estonian Rebels
    category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Light
    banner faction main_infantry
    soldier Estonian_Rebels, 48, 0, 1.5
    officer Dismounted_Szlachta
    officer Dismounted_Tartar_Lancers
    officer Aztec_Peasants
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square, schiltrom
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 8, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 25, 0.6
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr light_spear, spear_bonus_4
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 1, 10, 8, metal
    ;stat_armour_ex 3, 5, 0, 0, 3, 8, 8, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 1, 0, 4, 4
    stat_mental 5, low, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 350, 125, 50, 115, 350, 4, 100
    armour_ug_levels 2, 3
    armour_ug_models Estonian_Rebels, Estonian_Rebels_ug1
    ownership lithuania, slave
    era 0 lithuania
    era 1 lithuania
    era 2 lithuania
    ;unit_info 8, 0, 14
    recruit_priority_offset -10

For now easy way it to delete all Baltic Speamans in camp_script so that they will not spawn on garnizon script trigger .
    Last edited by MADTAO; January 04, 2009 at 01:29 PM.

yes but that measn you are also not aloud to recruit them and use them in sieges.

maybe using a different unit instead of the estonian_rebels with the baltic spearmen skin, might solve the problem

Yea thats can work ,somtimes i found strange units and theyr unknown errors and if i cant get ansver ,take next free !
    Last edited by MADTAO; January 04, 2009 at 04:48 PM.

have you considered maybe making the mod independant and not requiring DLV? perhaps that could clear up several issues and you could have more liberty to work on your own scripts and such

Well ,actualy i cant script ,dont have time on that and also not so bright head Low poly models and textures thats my skill.
    So im glad to use DLV, wich gives me and our small team (count on one hands fingers) great posibilyty to create somenting our way.

Do you plan on becoming completely independant further down the road? like slowly branch away from DLV? like you said it does help but self autonomy is in my opinion something to work for.
    Last edited by Teutonic Joe; January 04, 2009 at 07:06 PM.

Then only in EMPIRES TW and next generation moding posibilitys! Will mod Courland facton for sure!

metalguy24's Avatar Libertus

I modded the campaign_script and removed all the Baltic Spearmen from the garrison script. I haven't tested it yet so use at your own risk. Make sure you back up your original campaign_script first. I'll try to test it tomorrow after work.

Gonxas's Avatar Decanus

Thank you for another mod.
    But I must say that I was a bit disapointed when I started to play and saw that the skins of the Lithuanians are the same as vanilla, can I ask why is that? Because in your other mod the skins are just PERFECT!!!
    Cheers