Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BC: Baltic crusades 1.2 download thread

Default Re: HOT! "BALTIC CRUSADES 1.0" REALISE!

i fixed /following advice/ that mace bug u posted and succesfully did 4 sieges as novgorod but only villages without fortifications /without mercenaries so mace was irrelevant/ No problem so far, campaign is fun, and reskinned unit graphics 10/10
    I am allied with Lithuania, considering joining them in war vs Teutonic Order, Mongols arent powerfull enough to be a threat for me now.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Downloaded it. Great stuff. Haven't tried the sieges yet, hopefully I won't have the problem mentioned above. Congratulations to the team!

BMV's Avatar Civis

Realy got to love those new skins... though I noticed that the name of Kaunas is still "Kaunus"(or was it like that back then?) and the UI is missing a few buttons(like the">" to unpause the game or those parts tha allow you to make battles slower of faster)

I'm attaching the EDU with the fixed error mentioned above... hope it helps.

sorry....there was a mistake...
    Last edited by BMV; January 02, 2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: worng file...

Werner von Urslingen's Avatar Civis

The posted fix isn't working for me, the game still CTDs at sieges. :-(

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

really amazing work and especially look!

I'm downloading now!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Joe View Post
    and what happens if it is the latter...
    if its the latter then i would consider to remove the trait.

BMV's Avatar Civis

Werner von Urslingen can you post your error log?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyho View Post
    if its the latter then i would consider to remove the trait.
    if i find it. i dont know what trait its specifing so i cant look it up in search and im not counting all those lines

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe

Werner von Urslingen's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by BMV View Post
    Werner von Urslingen can you post your error log?
    Sure, if it helps!

BMV's Avatar Civis

Hey...sorry about that file but it seems that twcenter...keeps uploading the wrong file(tryed three times now...no luck, every time it uploads some kind of other EDU...without any lithuanian or other teutonic campaign nations units...) so...sorry again, hope you made a back up if not then i'll be uploading the fix in a .rar

Edit: here you go...just checked and the right file is uploaded though I played a few sieges my self and at first one I didn't had any CTDs but on the second one it crashed...and even deleted the whole "logs" folder...lol... So there may be other problems...
    Last edited by BMV; January 02, 2009 at 01:39 PM.

wow downloading

AWESOME +rep
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Joe View Post
    if i find it. i dont know what trait its specifing so i cant look it up in search and im not counting all those lines
    with ctrl+g you can enter the line number and it goes to that line

i deleted the trait and will test if it works

results thill now, no crashes, besieged multiple lithuanian citys with the teutonic order where I usually crash, and everything is working fine.
    here is the file you have to replace in 'your drive'\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_teutonic_knights\data

Note make a back up of the original one, if this one doesnt solve the problem.

Attachment 26502

Hope it works
    Last edited by Roboute Guilliman; January 03, 2009 at 07:20 AM.

Tnx Kyho!
    If this fix crashing sieges i will be super happy Tnx again friends for interest and helping figure whats wrong!!!
    After those crazy days i when make mod instead of sleeping im realy tired (can understund logic) and such player/tester/fan actions is real suppport for me!

I try to play VH/VH Campaign with Lithuania.First year ,geather all troops and swift attack on Teuton Riga and smaller Rebel Willages.
    First fight on defence when Teutons counterattack siege of my Pagan Prince, two family nobles as cavalry and theyr troops (Curonians,Prusians,Vilkalakiai and other baltic merc. overal 290 troops )
    when they try to siege Riga city (about 1000 Teutons) Gross Mestr was so angry thet he enters the combat one of the first attacking Prince and his bodyguards.
    After minutes there no gain of space only more and more angry enemy coming from the city gates.For my surrprise catch and kill of Teuton general was hard and bloody hunt.
    Curonians Fight like demons ,while other troops fleeng in panic more than trhee times.Finally with all my cavalry that bastard was Killed, he not surrender and no his bodyguard was left.
    On next second my force colapse, screaming cristians tear apart bravest ones.With les than third of force Pagan prince call for strategycal retreat,there was no more point for loosing troops.
    After battle Teutons in respect or covardly plan realise all captured troops,so that was real adventure.Next turns New general lied riga troops on attack...

In darkly forest await
    all Lithuanian brave Sons...

(Ambush was Heroicly wined by same Prince but with new forces ,mostly cavalry ,wich left no runing enemy alive. )

P.s. I try your fix Kyho with previously saved crushing siege battle ,and it crush again ,posibly must start new campaign.
    Other way lets look of all posible vartiants fot better understanding of problem...

Mod CTD during game, Battle map

Battle crash, any unit
    Q: The mod crashes while loading for battle regardless of what units or factions will be fighting in the battle.

A: Most likely there are multiple spaces in the 'data\unit_models\battle_models.modeldb' file when there should only be one or two spaces (this won't cause the mod to crash when loading,
    unlike a number or spelling error). Carefully checking the battle_models.modeldb file or the reverting to a backup is the only way to fix this.

Battle crash, specific unit
    Q: The mod crashes while loading for battle when a specific unit will be fighting in that battle.
    (as long i test problem ,once i notice siege CTD only with Baltic spearman unit )

A: Most likely the path to the unit's mesh, texture, or sprite is incorrect in the 'data\unit_models\battle_models.modeldb' file.
    To fix this problem find the unit's entry in the battle_models.modeldb and check the location and name of the texture and mesh are correct (this problem may only affect one faction's unit).

Battle crash, many units together
    Q: The mod crashes when a lot of units fight in a very small area.

A: If too many units fight in a small area M2TW is unable to handle this and crashes (this often happens in castle sieges). Reducing the unit size can prevent this.
    Last edited by MADTAO; January 03, 2009 at 11:59 AM.

Help me! I can not start the mod. What' is the folder where I have to install all mods?

What' is the folder where I have to install all mods?
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods

Describe how did you instal mods and what kind of Medieval version you have ?

Read instalation text ,maybe you miss somenting.

Well i find it really difficult to get anywhere as the Teutons since Norway, Poland, and Lithuania all declared war on me by turn 9 so im boned
    Does anyone know how to remove that garrison script? it find it frustrating when Lithuania already has alot of large stacks running around and get free full stacks whenever i siege a city.

I also find it really odd that Mongolia and Novgorod are more friendly to me than other catholic factions. Poland, Denmark, and Norway all hate me and HRE is never any help. Seriously i have spent more time crusading against other catholics than the pagans which is really ironic lol

As Novgorod i pushed Teutonic armies out of Lithuania regions (alliance, military acces) only to see them declaring truce Danes seeing i am engaged in war with Teutons, attacked my capital, Monogols were in alliance with them so they declared war on me too soon after that. I foreseen all this and crushed most of their attacking forces. Just few turns after that Lithuania is deep inside my realm with two huge stacks, i bet they will strike me even with good relations we have. This is not about who u play, this campaign AI is a bit "i will crush u no matter what"

Wow ,never have such problems.Posibly garnison script must be edited, i find wery enjoyable such hard gaming,otheyrway i win for sure
    Garnison script alert you to take city after city without consequences.

But if you realy want you can go to
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_teutonic_knights\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign folder
    and edit this file campaign_script .You soon notice that it is easy ,just delete lines of units ... posybly mus start ne campaign to take effect.

posibly its also create those CTD in sieges like described here...
    A: If too many units fight in a small area M2TW is unable to handle this and crashes (this often happens in castle sieges). Reducing the unit size can prevent this.

Also any ideas or proposals is accepted.LUCK!
    Last edited by MADTAO; January 03, 2009 at 01:22 PM.

My view of difficulty though isnt the same as yours then since i dont believe that giving the AI free bees is a good way of spiking difficulty. I am more of a fan of difficulty being the result of excellant AI (like F.E.A.R for example was really difficult since its AI was really good compared to what was out then). Also i would like to point out that the AI doesnt need that much help when they all seem to be driven to gang up on me at a moments notice

I just think the script needs editing. Its realistic but i expect levies and other weakling units not Ducals and Tartar lancers. The garrison should resemble a hurried conscription of the populace. The key is it should resemble the rushed factor. Having the miracle elites spawning in suddenly makes no sense since it would take awhile to train elite soldiers and when your under siege i doubt you have time for constant drilling.

To throw out some suggestions that i was thinking about for a more immersive atmosphere, maybe the first dozen or so turns could be treated as if a crusade was declared. Not how vanilla M2TW has it with the free stacks of crusader armies but maybe having crusader units up for merc hire.
    Last edited by Teutonic Joe; January 03, 2009 at 01:34 PM.