Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: BC: Baltic crusades 1.2 download thread

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: HOT! "BALTIC CRUSADES 1.0" REALISE!

by purpose? would novgorod be too powerful?

No, it is simply bug thanks for finding.

hi to all it's alot of time that i wont play med2 so maybe i forget something, but when i install this i recieve this error log, and the game crash at the start screen
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    17:29:27.921 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:29:27.921 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    17:29:27.953 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:29:27.968 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:29:28.000 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:29:28.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:29:28.046 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:29:28.046 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:29:36.687 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/dlv_teutonic_knights/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3109, column 24
    stat_pri statistic refers to non-existant projectile type 'crossbow_bolt2'
    17:29:36.687 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/dlv_teutonic_knights/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3109, column 24
    failed to read statistic for unit type 'Mounted Crossbowmen'
    17:29:36.687 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/dlv_teutonic_knights/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Hi,your problem with CTD can be from bad downloaded files or bad instal process.Plz wrote your instalation process.Wich version of Medieval you use,what mod verion you have downloaded?LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by MADTAO View Post
    Hi,your problem with CTD can be from bad downloaded files or bad instal process.Plz wrote your instalation process.Wich version of Medieval you use,what mod verion you have downloaded?LUCK!
    ok i believe it's a corrupted installation of med2 'cause it's really old, i will reinstall it today (reinstalling med2+kingdom is something that really take alot of time and i never wanted to do).
    about the mod i've downloaded the one on the first page of this thread and then patched the mod to version 1.2, did i missed something?

Well ,check out Lithuania mod 2 Baltic Crusades instalation guide.
    After instaling Kingdoms you need to Instal DLV Teutonic Knights (see links),
    and only then instal Baltic Crusades (without any patches ,becose "Lithuania mod" is different than "Lithuania mod 2 Baltic Crusades" .First is for Medieval 2, second is for Kingdoms.)

What is going on with the CTD issues? Do we have an estimate for a patch or fix? Reading this board, there are numerous proposed fixes, but its unclear to me whether any of them actually work.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar'sNephew View Post
    What is going on with the CTD issues? Do we have an estimate for a patch or fix? Reading this board, there are numerous proposed fixes, but its unclear to me whether any of them actually work.

thanks!
    Thats what Im talkin' about it my man!

No official fix is realised for Baltic Crusades siege CTD.Kyho and me still working on that.When somenting will worth it you will know that for sure.Also if you want help post your bug report in "bug" thread.Unfortunatly this thread is little messed up becose on first steps there was ilusion that those CTD bugs can be fixsed easily.Anyway , stay tuned!!!

Gonxas's Avatar Decanus

Thank you for your update MADTAO.

No official fix is realised for Baltic Crusades siege CTD.Kyho and me still working on that.When somenting will worth it you will know that for sure.Also if you want help post your bug report in "bug" thread.Unfortunatly this thread is little messed up becose on first steps there was ilusion that those CTD bugs can be fixsed easily.Anyway , stay tuned!!!

any updates Kyho ?
    wait...that means every successful siege i tested were all conducted when it wasnt in the winter? all 5 or 6 of em :hmmm:

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe

Argent Usher with team is helping us now.Kyho is fixsed some minor CTD and now we concentrate on just one task - SOLVE SIEGE CTD !
    (Hard to believe but looks like it happens only in Winter!)

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Joe View Post
    any updates Kyho ?
    wait...that means every successful siege i tested were all conducted when it wasnt in the winter? all 5 or 6 of em :hmmm:
    i havent had a crash in summer sieges, which is weird. and some winter sieges work, I am confused.

Then only hope is to make full error log and pray that Argent Usher with team can solve this, oterway its will be long recreating of new instal checking out every new file.

Then only hope is to make full error log and pray that Argent Usher with team can solve this, oterway its will be long recreating of new instal checking out every new file.
    I will do so when I am at home

Good job guys!

your units are unique

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Your mod is one of the best guys..... Amazing work... Please fix the siege CTD bug..... It makes the mod almost unplayable.... Thanks....

Well not totally unplayable. I just attack the wandering enemy stacks and prevent target cities from being relieved to siege at my leizure. it makes the game take longer since you will have to take a city one at a time instead of mass siegeing in order to prevent relief armies from attacking or being screwed over by auto....

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe

I play similar way ,just cant live wihout those battles
    Playing with Lithuanians my strategy is to catch wandering enemy armys.For sieges i try to catch enemy near settlements ,so for instance castle garnison will move out for help.
    Otherway use auto battles.Some sieges randomly work ,thats why i save before every of them.Unfortunatly it is wery smal %.
    Dont loose courage ,still working on that bug

And yes if you want help plz send siege CTD bug reports in Bug thread.

# What faction is creating the CTD ?
    # What units have you and enemy ?
    # What year and season are you in?
    # What settlements cause CTD ?

Also this is realy funny but all that you can report about WORKING sieges It would help also to summarize all aspects.

If you can, plz make enchanced log file with this script in Cfg file ,it would help a lot.Then upload it (for instance in rapidshare.com) and post a link.

[log]
    to=mods/dlv_teutonic_knights/logs/error.system.log.txt
    ## level = * trace
    ## level = * error
    ## level = ai.ltgd trace
    level=*script* trace

[ai]
    ltgd_logging = true