Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: BC: Baltic crusades 1.2 download thread

Default Re: HOT! "BALTIC CRUSADES 1.0" REALISE!

So what i need to do, that units is castles don't doubled?

just dll the edited campaign script and place it where it needs to go

its still the same thing basically i just removed pretty much all elites from the troop spawn so it works more like a levy consciption rather than the teleportin tartar lancers of ill fortune

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe

Sorry, whit stupid questions, but where is that edited campaign script?

Everything is fixed and i playing the mod
    Last edited by jonelesas; January 18, 2009 at 07:22 AM.

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Is any faction relatively stable? I want to beat the teutonic order to hell but if the game crashes it feels as if they have won

Quote Originally Posted by jonelesas View Post
    Sorry, whit stupid questions, but where is that edited campaign script?

Everything is fixed and i playing the mod
    page 8

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

in which folder is the original campaign script? or if i dont have to overwrite the old existing script, where shall i put the edited one that you fixed?

And in custom battles with novgorod one unit you can use is the awesome looking "town millitia" which are green with small axes. what building in the campaign is required to recruit these?

thanks

any updates Kyho?
    if you made a soultion why dont you pack it up and release it as a patch since your scripts are spread out through out this topic...

next week, i still have exams thill thursday

currently adding stuff step by step to dlv.

when i am done i will just release my complete dlv folder. (sorry no idea how to make an installer)

Is this new version of Lithuania mod?
    baltic crusades1 = lithuania2 ?

Yea, Baltic Crusades is Lithuania mod 2 and it is for Kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by MADTAO View Post
    Yea, Baltic Crusades is Lithuania mod 2 and it is for Kingdoms.
    Are there any plans to upload a non DLV suporting version + are you going to ad new factions ?

Also are all the CTD fixed cause that holded me from downloading it yet

ctd are not fixed yet. I found the real cause finally, I reproduced it in custom battle. It never had anything to do with the units.

Sieges in winter dont work. Anybody have a clue what files are related to sieges?

Gonxas's Avatar Decanus

Nice finding

Quote Originally Posted by Kyho View Post
    ctd are not fixed yet. I found the real cause finally, I reproduced it in custom battle. It never had anything to do with the units.

Sieges in winter dont work. Anybody have a clue what files are related to sieges?

Wartower's Avatar Civis

As someone who has played DLV 5.74 to DLV 6.0, DLV_Europa, and the DLV for Kingdoms expansions, I can tell you that the parsing error, "trigger not found" has been a common theme in most DLV games. As of this time, none of us have been able to figure out what causes it.

Here's what I know...

The CTD in DLV mods can happen at splash screen, after faction selection, during AI turn, and before/after battles. It doesn't affect everyone, in fact, it only affects a small portion of users. It has nothing to do with the OS. Vista 32, 64, and XP users have all experienced the same bug..."Medieval II has experienced an unspecified error and will now..." etc.

The error log points to a missing "trigger" in the export_descr_char_traits.txt file, but again, only a small number of us get the CTD. Editing this file at the point of error seems to have no effect.

If you have found a solution to this, any help would be greatly appreciated. If you want to read what I'm talking about, head over to the DLV forums and check out "DLV_Europa Released" and "DLV 5.74 and 6.0 Bug Reports."

By the way, I look forward to your next release. Great work!

It looks like we might have global problem... Damn, it might take some time so find it. I have no idea how could I help you in this, so good luck in finding out whats wrong as soon as possible

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by true born Lithuanian View Post
    It looks like we might have global problem... Damn, it might take some time so find it. I have no idea how could I help you in this, so good luck in finding out whats wrong as soon as possible
    Thanks. It's a terribly pesky thing to pin down. It's a very inconsistent bug, but when it appears, it can be a game killer. Harry Lime (mod creator of DLV_Europa) is working dilligently on it, and thinks that it might have something to do with one of the "names" files, but it's hard to say since he doesn't get the CTD like some of us do.

Anyway, if someone over here solves the mystery before we do, can you please let me know? I would greatly appreciate it! Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartower View Post
    Thanks. It's a terribly pesky thing to pin down. It's a very inconsistent bug, but when it appears, it can be a game killer. Harry Lime (mod creator of DLV_Europa) is working dilligently on it, and thinks that it might have something to do with one of the "names" files, but it's hard to say since he doesn't get the CTD like some of us do.

Anyway, if someone over here solves the mystery before we do, can you please let me know? I would greatly appreciate it! Take care.
    I managed to reproduce the error during custom battles. Only happens during winter siege battles. Does that dlv bug have the same effect?

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Kyho View Post
    I managed to reproduce the error during custom battles. Only happens during winter siege battles. Does that dlv bug have the same effect?
    This bug can strike at splash screen, after faction selection then hitting start, during AI's turn, etc. But that's interesting that you mentioned that because the error log points to a spot in the export_descr_char_traits.txt that produces seasonal effects, ie. ItsWinterNow, etc. Perhaps there is a correlation, I don't really know.

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Playing as novgorod in the campaign, can you recruit town millitia and nordic axmen(?)?
    they are available in custom battle but i cannot seem to recruit them from anywhere in the campaign. does anyone know anything about this?

Looks like they are not writen in export_descr_buildings file as recrutable.