Thread: How do you start off?

Default How do you start off?

So when you start a new game what do you do?

Default Re: How do you start off?

Kill some rebels and recruit villagers if I wanna go solo, kiss noble ass if I wanna join a side.

Lol that was quick. I sometimes find It difficult killing bandits when they have Crossbows when I just started (Deserters).

Tournaments and Sea Raiders, if a Lord gives me a hard time in a tournament I join that faction.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

OR sink some points into trading and get more money then God trading.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

training, fighting looters, winning tournaments, get better equipment, fight raiders.

The start-up for a new character is generally the same for most people every time. Find a faction you intend to join eventually, do 'the loop' of recruiting from his villages. Pick some fights with some weaklings, and then grind until you are at least strong enough to pick on larger groups of enemies, grind until you have 200 renown, join a lord and grind his enemies to get loot and experience until you have enough troops to take castles. Grind taking castles until you are rich and large enough to take cities. Grind and take cities until you rebel, get bored/overwhelmed and then start over again.

Anyone mod that's able to break that chain would be an impressive one, or at least one that gives all that grinding some context.

Not that most of that grinding isn't fun, especially going from fighting bandits to faction troops, and then going from castles to cities.

Grab a bunch of companions, go fight mountain bandits to start usually since they have some horses, then I fight sea raiders for the armor and especially helmets which are pretty good for how easy they are to get. With equipment I start fighting more serious parties. Mostly I fight. Sometimes I choose a faction and capture all their villagers that I can get and sell them at the slave market (one of my features).

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

I do tournaments and kill sea raiders. Once I have a bit of troops and cash I'll do lord/city quests.

Step 1. Find Looters and kill them. They pose absolutely no threat. Easy prey. Build up some XP. Get some party members and a few companions. Maybe 2-3 and a handful of recruits or so.

Step 2. Then when you're around level 3-4 start hunting Sea Raiders near Tihr and Sargord (sp?). They drop good mid-game equipment and you can get decent helmets and ok shields and armour

Step 3. Hire yourself out as a merc or wait to build up renown. Join a Kingdom and build up an army

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

good plan.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari